Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 12:11pm
Police tape everywhere, smashed windows. Anyone know what has happened?
Posted By: nicky Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 12:41pm
a mate has said on facebook that they heard gunshots about 8am!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 12:50pm
Originally Posted by summer01
probally vandals

Lol!! smack

Tbh the amount of riff raff that go there it's not a shock. It's turned into a right shit hole, use to be a great pub.. somad
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 12:55pm
I agree, tends to be full of youngunns!!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 1:31pm
Just been past the Lighthouse.On my approach I could see that there where two large holes smashed in the doors that lead onto the patio area. This would suggest the use of a DB shotgun.Being a nosey begger I decided to interigate a few of the locals taking thier nico'fix. Using my hairbrush to look more proff' I asked what had happend. To my horror,it turned out to be someone with a hammer!!!! Dear oh dear,looks like you are right summer,it was just vandals!
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 1:35pm
what a shame. years and years ago, my dad used to pick me up on a sunday, when i was a wee child, and take me to the light house pub, to see the horses in the back field, behind the pub. I used to get a small glass bottle of coke and a straw, it tasted so good and thirst quenching back then. and we would sit outside. it was a very nice pub back then

sarah x
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:01pm
It wasnt a hammer at all mate, one of the lads work around there said someone was shooting at the lighthouse
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:05pm
Can't see the police sealing it off like that if someone simply vandalised it with a hammer. More than just the 2 windows at the front put through too.

Its open for the match and the windows are still broken.

Likewise i can't see it having opened if someone had been shooting at it.

Wallasey is turning into a hell hole and the local police must be going through some police line tape at the moment. Seems to be every other day!

On another note, the NYE alleged death outside Tesco Express... Topic disappeared and nobody seems to know anything. Any news? Can someone PM me if they know?
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:10pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
Can't see the police sealing it off like that if someone simply vandalised it with a hammer. More than just the 2 windows at the front put through too.

Its open for the match and the windows are still broken.

Likewise i can't see it having opened if someone had been shooting at it.

Wallasey is turning into a hell hole and the local police must be going through some police line tape at the moment. Seems to be every other day!

On another note, the NYE alleged death outside Tesco Express... Topic disappeared and nobody seems to know anything. Any news? Can someone PM me if they know?

no that story about a murder outside the taxi rank , royal oak, tesco, seems to have died a death, pardon the pun, but nothing ever came out in the news about that. todays murder is proportedly bromborough, i wonder what happend ther ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:33pm
I'm emigrating ASAP. I seriously worry about my safety, the safety of people I care about the safety of any kids I might have around here.

Back on topic, I've had a text saying it was a shooting.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:45pm
It was a shooting mate my friend works in a shop by there an phoned me this morning
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:47pm
Nobody injured i hope?

Jesus, nice pleasant people are most definitely in the minority around here now. Bullet head thugs are everywhere.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 3:56pm
Not sure bud I hope not, probs to do with drugs or something stupid!! It's open now so can't be that bad!! It is getting worse on the Wirral like, drove now new Brigton last night about 1am and lads where fighting it stupid you go out to enjoy yourself an people go out looking for a fight
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 5:18pm
People definitely go out just looking for fights.

I'm currently looking for jobs in a different country. I hate watching the place I have grown up in and loved going to the dogs.

With every passing year, more and more decent people are disappearing and more and more brainless morons with zero hope of making anything of their lives are living for violence and drugs.

Absolute lawless society. A few weeks ago my neighbours had to watch on as 3 armed men raided their home, cracked the skull of their father/husband and attempt to do the same to them as they locked themselves in the bedroom. A family that have worked hard for the expensive cars and the expensive house.

Apparently someone was bottled in Spoons in Liscard last night too. Liscard is the pits.

The ... of the earth are ruling and aren't scared of anyone or anything, be it a good hiding or the police.

We are all fighting a losing bottle. Time to move on.

Posted By: Steve123 Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 5:27pm
Well said Alex smile it's a shame, it's only going to get worse this year tho with job cuts and also police cuts. If people don't have money it's too easy these days to go and rob it, ive just got myself CCTV because next doors car got keyed, just a peace of mind to know you've got it all on tape!!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 5:38pm
Robbing is one thing. It's this senseless need to beat seven shades of sh!t (or worse)out of strangers that I cannot even begin to understand.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 6:47pm

I'm currently looking for jobs in a different country. I hate watching the place I have grown up in and loved going to the dogs.

. . .

Fair enough Alex, I wish you well. However to where will you move that you can guess/ estimate or even know that there will not be the same levels of street/ personal crime?

Unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of being able to even think about moving. In my case ties to an elderly relative (and I am no spring chicken myself). In time I hope to acquire a place to live outside UK, although I guess I will never totally cut my links.

But to where? I have travelled widely and have seen many places - the good, the bad and the downright dangerous. I have family and property in South America - but that does not appeal. I have family in China and that does appeal . . . but I think not long term. I have family in the USA, and that certainly does not appeal except for holidays. I have been to OZ, and unless you are outside the cities it is not a lot different from here (weather excepted of course). I love Africa, but it is far too dangerous.

So where?

Snod

Posted By: hoseman Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 8:08pm
Try here mate, booked mine already, not too sure about the baggage allowance tho!!!
www.expedia.co.uk/daily/mars/flights-to-mars/
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 16th Jan 2011 8:15pm
Hey boys,get it in perspective,this has always gone on,on any Saturday night!

With every passing year, more and more decent people are disappearing and more and more brainless morons with zero hope of making anything of their lives are living for violence and drugs.

Absolute lawless society. A few weeks ago my neighbours had to watch on as 3 armed men raided their home, cracked the skull of their father/husband and attempt to do the same to them as they locked themselves in the bedroom. A family that have worked hard for the expensive cars and the expensive house.

Apparently someone was bottled in Spoons in Liscard last night too. Liscard is the pits.

The ... of the earth are ruling and aren't scared of anyone or anything, be it a good hiding or the police.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 10:47am
I agree, but it seems far more frequent and far more violent than I remember...
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 4:39pm
Because we are much better informed than we used to be.Much more information through tv,press and of course the internet.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 4:44pm
I,ve just moved here, I think (and I hope) I have made the right decision, have lived all over UK (some nice some not so nice)and travelled most of EU with work a fair bit. I chose to move here from Northwich as I think Wallasey/Liscard/New Brighton has a lot going for it.

My car was vandalised on Saturday night and I am not going to blame the area. In every ten thousand people there are always going to be two or three d**kheads and hangers on. That's a statistical fact (if its not it should be).

K

Posted By: Snodvan Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 4:44pm
Meanwhile we all twiddle our thumbs waiting for any news/ gossip about what really went on at the Lighthouse.

Surely someone must have nipped in for a quick pint and a listen/ chat/ casual inquiry??

Snod
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 4:50pm
Snod,If you read my earlier post,I asked some regulars outside the pub what had happend and the said someone had used a hammer to smash the glass in two of the doors.
They also said that although the pub was open as usual,they hadn't even bothered to clear the glass away!
We still haven't found out about the murder in Liscard though on New Years Eve!
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 7:22pm
just got info off my son. lad got barred came back with a hammer. was in there last year, young ones watching a match getting pissed,shouting getting on table and dancing .gone down the nick have lived here 25years now not what you expect when your having a meal
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 17th Jan 2011 9:06pm
Ahh!That adds up then!
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Lighthouse, Wallasey Village - 18th Jan 2011 8:47am
Bezzy

Issue was that after your post someone indicated that a shotgun had been used. Hammer by a barred yob makes more sense (not that "sense" is really the right word).

Personally this sort of thing ie yob behaviour, makes me glad that I do not go in pubs - occasionally the Three Stags @ Spital for lunch with past workmates ie twice a year.

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral