Forums
Posted By: Anonymous animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 10th Jan 2011 5:42pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12153141 warning don't look if easily upset.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 10th Jan 2011 6:17pm
Thats bloody distgusting,they are glad to make money from animals but not dispose of bodies properly
it should be fined a very large amount or shut down
Posted By: Anonymous Re: animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 11th Jan 2011 12:18pm
no summer got a dog that don't mix
very sick
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 11th Jan 2011 3:57pm
Somebody has obviously taken the dead beasties from where they were and lined them up for photos, total sensationalism. You only have to look at the animals around the park to know that they are well looked after, obviously some have to be culled or put down for health reasons. Maybe they should have stowed them away better but there's no cruelty gone on. That's just my opinion.
I have to say, I visited the park last August and was very impressed with how clean the site was and what wonderful condition the animals appeared to be in.
I'm not convinced that this isn't someone causing trouble
Wouldn't you feed the dead anomals to the lions? In all seriousness this would be the best and least wasteful thing to do. I too suspect some sensasionalism going on.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 15th Jan 2011 11:16am
I worked for a day there last year all round the park and its extremely clean andanimals well looked after by keepers who are paid buttons but who have a lot of love for the animals
Posted By: Razzi Re: animals left to rot at KnowsleySafari Park - 15th Jan 2011 1:44pm
I believe the woman who broke the stories husband was a senior curator at knowsley, but he lost his job for mis-management of the ungulate (hoofed animal) populations and all those bodies pictured look like herd animals to me. Maybe those carcasses had been put into a silo ready for pick up for incineration and then pulled out to set up a few pictures i can't believe they'd be so lax with all the stringent rules regarding carcass disposal.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral