Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:33am
Snow falling on Merseyside again

SNOW fell on Merseyside today as parts of the country braced themselves for 4 inch drifts.

But Met Office forecasters have said unlike the snow before Christmas the latest fall is not here to stay.
[Linked Image]
The North West is set for snow, sleet and rain over the next 24 hours with the weather brightening into tomorrow.

The maximum temperature will be 4°C.

Helen Chivers, forecaster at the Met Office, said: "Really, it’s just normal wintry weather we’ve got over the next few days. As we go into next week it’s going to be very much milder."

Severe weather warnings of heavy snow were issued by the Met Office for parts of Scotland while heavy rain was expected in London and eastern and south-eastern England. Cumbria was set for further snowfall.

This week the Met Office issued figures showing that last month had been the coldest December since records began 100 years ago.

THE ECHO
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:34am
great stuff x
Posted By: davew3 Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 11:27am
Ahh you've spoilt the joys of wondering if the snow will stick and having a few days of the white stuff.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 12:26pm
Wirral was hit by showers of snow and sleet as wintry conditions returned earlier today.

Merseytravel says train, bus and ferry services are all running normally.

A spokesman said rain was forecast for this afternoon, adding that should the adverse weather conditions continue, travel updates would be issued.

Wales saw the worst of the snow, with up to 2ins settling in some areas, especially over higher ground.

A band of wintry showers of snow and sleet was expected to spread north and east from Wales and the Midlands to northern England before reaching southern Scotland later.

A spokesman for MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, which supplies weather updates to the Globe webite, said: "Wales have had the worst of the snow so far but it's heading northwards.

"It's gradually turning to rain in the south as milder conditions come in. By the time the band gets up to southern Scotland it's turning to rain almost everywhere else."

Temperatures are varied but there are signs that milder conditions are on the way, with southern England hitting 10C-11C (50F-52F).

In northern England, however, the mercury is unlikely to go above freezing (32F) or 2C (36F).

The mixed picture is set to continue into the weekend, which will feature snow showers, rain and dry spells.

"Much of England and Wales will clear up tomorrow for a better afternoon," said the MeteoGroup spokesman.

"But there will still be some wintry showers in Wales, north-west England and southern Scotland."

Forecasters said the snowfall will give way to a milder spell going into next week with temperatures that could reach as high as 13C (55.4F)

THE GLOBE
Posted By: DavidB Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 12:29pm
It hasn't stuck. We even had the bin men come this morning to do the bin!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 12:31pm
Thawed here already, that's the way I like my snow, looking pretty as its falling and then off you pop. happy days.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 12:31pm
stuck on the beechwood
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 4:52pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
stuck on the beechwood

Probably got lost in the diversion at the bottom of Ford Hill raftl
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 6:43pm
lol softy it melted by 4pm lol
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 6:52pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
lol softy it melted by 4pm lol

Unlike the diversion which is still there and very confusing raftl
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 6:55pm
tell me bout it, hubby had to go the wirral way today just to go 5 mins away lol x
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 7:02pm
A pic of the snow today

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 9:50pm
Is that at the 'Tammy shunter'?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 9:54pm
Thought so,my youngest did his work ex' there.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 9:57pm
Originally Posted by DavidB
It hasn't stuck. We even had the bin men come this morning to do the bin!
omg
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:00pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
the farms always looking for helpers good on him for helping them out jabbers mate is there too!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:08pm
I woke up this morning to snow falling and hoped it stuck. Am i the only one who liked being snowed in?

Most of the shit drivers stayed home, the worst drivers were too scared to drive... And the rest of us went on our way in a normal fashion.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:08pm
Will mention it to him.
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
the farms always looking for helpers good on him for helping them out jabbers mate is there too!
Posted By: kimpri Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:26pm
Tam O'Shanter smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Snow falling on Merseyside again - 7th Jan 2011 10:29pm
He,He,that's our nickname for it!!!
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Tam O'Shanter smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral