Forums
Posted By: Anonymous David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 6th Jan 2011 7:27pm
Prime Minister David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site

DAVID Cameron was today meeting Wirral business leaders to discuss ways of boosting the region's economy.

The prime minister visited the site of the £4.5bn Peel Development Wirral Waters scheme which won planning permission late last year.

He was joined by Lord Heseltine and Tesco chief executive Sir Terry Leahy.

Lord Heseltine is chairman of the panel advising the government which bids from the 1bn regional growth fund should be given cash. The fund is designed to help businesses create jobs quickly.

Sir Terry sits on the board of the Liverpool region's Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) which is replacing the North West Development Agency.

Arriving at the site Mr Cameron said: “I am very interested to hear how you think we can make local enterprise partnerships work and give them a great focus.

“This particular development scheme ties in with how we think it should work.”

THE WIRRAL NEWS
So thats why the paparazzi were holed up in my car park then
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 7th Jan 2011 10:32am
Wonder how many other Tesco execs sit on local enterprise boards throughout the country, possible clash of interest there I shouldn't wonder.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 7th Jan 2011 4:27pm
HOW NICE THAT DAVID CAMERON HAS VISITED THE WIRRAL, AND IS SHOWING AN INTREST IN OUR AREA . HE HAS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB ONN HIS HANDS TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYBODY, WHILE HE HAS THIS ENORMOUS DEBT TO SORT OUT, THAT HE INHERITED FROM THE PREVIOUSE GOVERMENT.

I APPLAUD HIM
Posted By: Shambo Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 7th Jan 2011 11:23pm
Has anyone seen that $h1t load of capslock I ordered? I can't find it anywhere. think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 7th Jan 2011 11:30pm
Sir Terry sits on the board of the Liverpool region's Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) which is replacing the North West Development Agency.

Is that why there is a Tesco *Extra/Express/Home within 10ft of you when you drive round the Wirral?

* delete as appropriate
Posted By: Wench Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 7th Jan 2011 11:53pm
Originally Posted by Shambo
Has anyone seen that $h1t load of capslock I ordered? I can't find it anywhere. think

Bloody hell - hello fella.....long time no read raftl
Posted By: linlinny1 Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 13th Jan 2011 9:01pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 13th Jan 2011 9:13pm
"I want to build a Tesco on this 2 metre wide piece of land."

Wasn't Heseltine behind the Garden Festival? THX M8!
Posted By: Shambo Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 14th Jan 2011 7:45pm
ole Tarzan was behind the Garden Festival, and the redevelopment of the Albert Dock, establishing the well meaning but ultimately impotent MDC.
Posted By: sean Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 14th Jan 2011 8:46pm
i'd have pushed the prick into the dock grin
Posted By: Katryn Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 14th Jan 2011 9:15pm
laugh
Posted By: Katryn Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 14th Jan 2011 9:16pm
Originally Posted by sean
To right what an annoying twit he is.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: David Cameron visits Wirral Waters site - 14th Jan 2011 10:47pm
Originally Posted by sean

here here grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral