Forums
Posted By: gchca discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 3:54pm
is anyone else in moreton got discoloured water ???? i have been on the united utilities website but nothing is being reported !!
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 3:57pm
it's as far as Birkenhead we have hardley any water here
Posted By: suey30 Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 4:08pm
i live tranmere and we have none.
Posted By: DavidB Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 4:22pm
My water is a slight yellow as normal.
Posted By: TheDr Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 4:31pm
I've been in Wales over Christmas and was told on boxing day that the water was off/discoloured in the Tranmere area, but was back on by the evening.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 4:42pm
just been told that there is a mains burst in prenton. i have no water in tranmere.
Posted By: bert1 Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 5:18pm
We've got none, Tranmere, and it was my turn for a wash, never mind there's always next year.
Posted By: Wheels Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 5:20pm
Same here in tranmere
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 5:21pm
We've still just about got water here, just off Borough Road, but the pressure is currently very low.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 6:12pm
Update at 6.06pm - The gang have arrived on site and started the repair.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 6:17pm
Yes, if anyone's interested United Utilities are reporting the progress of the repair on the website:-

http://unitedutilities.co.uk/Emergencies.aspx

You have to scroll down to the bottom where it says "Prenton, CH43"

EDIT: Just seen the other thread where this link was also provided.

EDIT: Our water has completely stopped now
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 6:53pm
they might have turned it all off while they fix the leak.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 6:59pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
they might have turned it all off while they fix the leak.

Yes, I was thinking the same. I guess they'll have to shut off the whole supply so that they can repair it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:01pm
Water from the tank is slightly milky here in Wallasey. Direct feed water is fine. Go figure. My tank must be minging.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:04pm
There's another update on the CH43 fault

Update at 6.31pm - The Inspector has confirmed the problem is due to a fault on the water network. He has corrected the fault and advised the water pressure is increasing back into the area. Your water supply will return to normal within the next few hours. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

As it happens, we're in CH42, but I assume it's the same fault that's affecting everyone locally (our whole street is affected).
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:06pm
No, I've just checked the United Utilities page again, the CH41/CH42 fault is a separate fault, it's just appeared on the page.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:14pm
Originally Posted by PaulTaters
There's another update on the CH43 fault

Update at 6.31pm - The Inspector has confirmed the problem is due to a fault on the water network. He has corrected the fault and advised the water pressure is increasing back into the area. Your water supply will return to normal within the next few hours. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

As it happens, we're in CH42, but I assume it's the same fault that's affecting everyone locally (our whole street is affected).

that is for livepool, not wirral, I hope CH43/CH42 is he same problem or we could be waiting longer again
Posted By: Zimmer Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:15pm
Birkenhead, CH41& C42

Start Time: 19.00 PM Tue, 28 December '10

Estimated Completion Time:

Restoration time not yet known

Symptom:

No water or low water pressure

Reason:

We started receiving calls from your area approx 4.25pm this afternoon reporting no water or low water pressure. We are not aware of any planned works that may be causing this and have therefore requested one of our Inspectors go out to investigate. This message will be updated once they report back their findings and any action to be taken.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your patience
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:17pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave

that is for livepool, not wirral, I hope CH43/CH42 is he same problem or we could be waiting longer again

Yes you are correct sorry about that, they changed the page just before I copied the text. The CH43 fault has now just been moved further up the page.

Everyone round here is saying the Birkenhead fault is affecting everyone between Derby Road and Woodchurch Road.

That fault on the bottom of the page "CH41/CH42" must be the fault I think, it mentions they were getting reports from around 4:25pm. That was around the time our water pressure went really low.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:23pm
its further up than derby road cos mines off in marquis street which is off church road
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:24pm
yeah that was around the time I rang them, I did that before "oww it's fixed" then i looked and was like oh no that's livrpool lol.

they have been having calls sine 4.25 then why not send someone out then instead of waiting til 7pm!
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:28pm
Update: (This is the CH41/CH42 one)

Update at 7.22pm - The Inspector has confirmed the cause of the problem was due to a fault on our Water Network. He has corrected this and advised watre supply has been restored to the area. Due to the problem affecting a large area your water supply may take several hours to return to normal. We will also be continuing to monitor the situation.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your patience
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:33pm
Anyway, I wonder what it means "a fault on our Water Network"?

I just thought it was a burst water main. smile
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 7:54pm
they switched us off lol
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 8:54pm
anyone's come back on yet?
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 9:02pm
No, we're still completely without water here.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 9:07pm
no.me too
Posted By: jimbob Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 9:31pm
come on now, a burst water main means there is a fault on your water network.
Posted By: chris58 Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 9:45pm
I'm on Devonshire park and haven't had any Problem with water. Daughter and mum both live in singleton ave and are without water
Posted By: suey30 Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 10:18pm
mine still off, in tranmere.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 11:10pm
Originally Posted by chris58
I'm on Devonshire park and haven't had any Problem with water. Daughter and mum both live in singleton ave and are without water

I'm in singleton and it's back on put low at the moe
Posted By: Zimmer Re: discoloured water - 28th Dec 2010 11:49pm
Gf's mum just phoned UU & was told will be off for at least another 24 hours!?
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: discoloured water - 29th Dec 2010 10:11am
Ours came back on sometime around 11:30-12:00 last night.

It's great to have the water back on again, although even now it's not quite back up to 100% pressure. It's still a bit lower than normal here.

I just read the update on the UU site this morning, which states it will take some time for water to be fully restored because such a large area is affected.
Posted By: Katryn Re: discoloured water - 29th Dec 2010 8:49pm
What gets me is United Utilities say its a private problem but are happy to still have us paying for a water service that some people can be without for days. Not even able to speak to a customer service person at UU as they have a automated message when you ring them up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral