Forums
Posted By: Maisie Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 9:33am
Hi Everyone,
Just been to the BP petrol station on Laird St. and the side were the Cash Machine is has been cordoned off. I asked the woman in the garage and she said the cash machine was robbed, think it was early hours of the morning.
Looks like the door at the back of the machine has been crow barred open. They emptied the whole thing!!

There's just guttsey people around, there's a police staion a few hundred yards away, although I do know it's not manned at night!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 9:35am
Lol laugh
Posted By: merseysideman Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 9:42am
does enybody remember a story my mother told me in the 70s that a boy went missing and they found his bike in earlston cemertry near new brighton but never found him ??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 9:46am
Originally Posted by merseysideman
does enybody remember a story my mother told me in the 70s that a boy went missing and they found his bike in earlston cemertry near new brighton but never found him ??

Yeah man it's in the history section smile
Someone point the dude in the right direction plas smile
Welcome to wiki happy
Posted By: Nigel Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 10:07am
Originally Posted by Maisie
Hi Everyone,
Just been to the BP petrol station on Laird St. and the side were the Cash Machine is has been cordoned off. I asked the woman in the garage and she said the cash machine was robbed, think it was early hours of the morning.
Looks like the door at the back of the machine has been crow barred open. They emptied the whole thing!!

There's just guttsey people around, there's a police staion a few hundred yards away, although I do know it's not manned at night!!

Tell ya what, they way this country is going this type of thing may become a more frequent occurence?
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 10:47am
Get this for gutsy... When they reopened that police station after having it refurbished not so long ago, it was broken into that night and all the appliances from the kitchen were robbed!!!
Posted By: Maisie Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 11:47am
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
Get this for gutsy... When they reopened that police station after having it refurbished not so long ago, it was broken into that night and all the appliances from the kitchen were robbed!!!

OMG!!! How funny is that!!! Cheeky buggers!! laugh
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 1:49pm
if theyve done one locally i guess there will be a spate of this in the area noonoo
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 1:56pm

I know you shouldn't but... raftl
Posted By: Maisie Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 4:16pm
Just heard at school, they got away with £15,000. It was only filled up last night...hehe!!!

Good Luck to them if they get away with it!!!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 4:21pm

That's terrible... did they take the donut maker!? frown
Posted By: kimpri Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 4:21pm
Just heard at school, they got away with £15,000. It was only filled up last night...hehe!!!

school Gossip
Posted By: cathie Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 26th Nov 2010 4:41pm
I was there at 10pm last night and all was well apart from when I realised I'd be charged a pound to get my own money out I went to Tesco's...I needed sugar anyway wink
Posted By: neo2001 Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 3rd Dec 2010 9:26am

raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 3rd Dec 2010 9:36am

clap smirk
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 3rd Dec 2010 12:00pm

No - its not the bank that will pay for it, its the customers, we lose out, money doesn't grow on trees. Even if it was insured, its still Joe Public that ends up paying for it through higher insurance premiums. Theft is theft and it is ... that do it, they don't give a toss who they steal off, it could be you next!

Got to admit, having a close look at the cash machine door the other day, whilst initially it looks heavy duty and secure, the parts that actually broke were incredibly small (similar to the latch plate on a normal household internal door) - a very poor design.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 3rd Dec 2010 12:25pm
I agree DD. Externally, they don't look that beefy. Maybe an "inner layer" that is a bit more up to the job lurks below some of them?? Yes, it's mugs like us that do pay in the long run.

Wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to make one out of half inch Boiler Plate with a Bonzo Chubb lock etc. That said, the thieving dross would just notch up to using a gas axe that they carry in the back of the (stolen) Tranny van !

Posted By: kimpri Re: Cash Machine Robbery - 3rd Dec 2010 2:23pm
The door smile

Attached picture DSCF0659.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral