Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 6:40pm
The local fuzz have ran a red light and crashed head on into a black vauxhall corsa at the junction bottom of mill lane / breck rd area.
I got one pic but not good as from the rear (I was in a queue) was anyone off here there who got pics??? (there were quite a crowd) smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 6:49pm
How do you know the plod caused it? Did you see it? Where they on blues at the time?

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 8:10pm
They caused it yes? Just because they have the blue lights on the top doesn`t mean they`re in the clear.

Shouldn`t be running red lights anyway, probably changing their shifts or being called to a friggin shoplifting crime.

Only reason the police should use red light jumping is if they`re chasing someone!

Description: Sorry about the poor picture quality :(
Attached picture IMG_1526.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 8:45pm
Why are you in the right hand lane if you are going to New Brighton???
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 9:20pm
i seen that too i was behind it going left to play footy at weatherhead looked nasty they closed the road off just behind me
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 9:30pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

Huh? confused

At which point did i say i was going to new brighton may i ask?

smile
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 9:31pm
I think this is something the old bill will wanna keep hush hush! If infact this is the case.
Posted By: starakita Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 22nd Nov 2010 11:21pm
The same thing happened to my other half a few years ago when he was a taxi driver.He was at the junction of New Chester rd &Bedford rd, 2 police cars came through blue lights on he let them through checked it was clear started off & out of nowhere a third police car hit him. His passenger ended up sitting on my hubby.The car was written off which Iwas glad because it would have been my next car and I found it heavy no power steering.Hubby was ok no damage done just a bit of shock.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 12:12am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Huh? confused

At which point did i say i was going to new brighton may i ask?

smile

Sorry, I thought you were going home!!! idiot
Posted By: spinking Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 1:33am
Hope the corsa driver was ok
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 8:21am
How bad was it Ste - is the police car in the pic the one at fault?

If it is, it doesnt look like its t-boned the other car too hard as it appears to maybe still touching... think

Hope all are ok...
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 8:28am
Why don't they just phone up and tell them they're on their way and ask politely if the donut shop will stay open a bit longer?

Hope noone was hurt
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 9:46am
Originally Posted by summer01
dont have a go at this guy he is good ,why are you being well how could i say it not nice .hes not making it up

eh?? Has someone pile-drived you on ya head!!!??
Posted By: DavidB Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 12:28pm
They should at least slow down at red lights. Maybe he/she thought it was safe because the other two went through.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 1:10pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
Why don't they just phone up and tell them they're on their way and ask politely if the donut shop will stay open a bit longer?

Hope noone was hurt

The flashing blue lights only mean they are trying to get the CHIPS back to the station hot nothing else.
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 1:23pm
You'd all have different opinions if the police were rushing to come and assist you when your in trouble yet whenever a accident happens the police get slated to hell by the very people they're trying to protect.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 2:30pm
Originally Posted by Dodgy_Bob
You'd all have different opinions if the police were rushing to come and assist you when your in trouble yet whenever a accident happens the police get slated to hell by the very people they're trying to protect.

withthat

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 2:53pm
Book em Danno. Murder 1.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 4:15pm
as with all blue light drivers, the police are required to treat red lights as "give way" signs, this means they should only proceed at slow speed and only when they are sure that all drivers are aware that they are there and are about to cross the junction. There are occasions when blue light drivers have abused this rule (look up fire appliance crash luton on youtube), but these are rare cases. The aim of being under blue light conditions is to get to the incident (a cry for help at the end of the day) safely in the quickest possible time without putting yourself & equipment (potentially life saving equipment) or other road users at risk. Whatever happened at this incident, I firstly hope all involved are ok and secondly doubt that the police driver set out to cause a crash (too much paperwork if nothing else!)
btw I am not nor ever have been a police officer nor do i always support them!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 4:18pm
Originally Posted by Dodgy_Bob

They should have common sense at least, there's no reason to t-bone a car because a police officer assumed a car wasn't coming the other way. That's what this thread is about.
Posted By: DarkArtist Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 5:21pm
No offence to anyone involved, but who knows, for fact that the driver/vehicle was using its blue lights when it crashed. Whose to say they weren't activated after the crash to warn others of the hazard?

I won't take sides until there a video or something of the crash occuring, as those crossroads are a pain in the backside for crashes. It could be the person turning right onto breck road jumped the light/didn't see the police vehicle, or it could be the bobby has driven too fast/jumped the light. Who knows at this stage.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 5:36pm
Originally Posted by DarkArtist
No offence to anyone involved, but who knows, for fact that the driver/vehicle was using its blue lights when it crashed. Whose to say they weren't activated after the crash to warn others of the hazard?

I won't take sides until there a video or something of the crash occuring, as those crossroads are a pain in the backside for crashes. It could be the person turning right onto breck road jumped the light/didn't see the police vehicle, or it could be the bobby has driven too
fast/jumped the light. Who knows at this stage.

withthat
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 6:27pm
Scare the #$%^ out of me the way the local bobbies zoom up and down Wallasey Village past my parents' house several times a day at very high speeds, sirens blaring. It's one thing if the Traffic boys do that (at least they have very advanced driver skills training, and even then, only if in hot pursuit!) - but the local bobbies? NO WAY they should be doing that.

IMNSHO it was only a matter of time before they took someone out. No-one minds them blue-lighting their way to an urgent call and not wasting any time but the way some of them drive is just way out of order. Running a red light at any time is liable to get someone killed including themselves so they should simply not be doing it, period.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 6:36pm
Would you expect an ambulance or the fire brigade to stop at a red light on an emergency call out? No! Thought not. smile
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 6:43pm
No - but as already said here, they should either treat it as a give-way or at least slow down enough to be sure it's OK to proceed - in other words, use appropriate caution.
Better to get there a few seconds later than (as in this case) not at all (and at worst, to kill or maim anyone) isn't it?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police crash wallasey breck rd - 23rd Nov 2010 7:27pm
I know for all the people saying police should stop at red lights, I can go one better, if you can make it to a phone, you don't need the police, so if your house is being robbed and they stab you and set your house on fire, go to the first aid box put tape on the cut, and get the hose from the greenhouse put it on the tap and shop crying. coz every police car with its lights on is a cop going for a donut, ffs
© Wirral-Wikiwirral