Forums
Posted By: polo_phil One of Wirral’s oldest houses to go to Auction - 17th Nov 2010 11:35am
SMITH and Sons is set to include one of the oldest houses in Wirral in its latest property auction, on November 23.

“The Old House”, in Limekiln Lane, in Wallasey, was built in 1627 and has only recently become vacant after 90 years’ occupancy by a single tenant who was born at the property.

Built in sandstone, the property is in need of some modernisation and upgrading but has potential to create a detached family home.

Designed over three floors, it has a guide price of £60k – £70k.

A total of 20 lots will be offered at the event at the Village Hotel in Bromborough, comprising mainly terraced, semi-detached and detached houses in need of repair and modernisation.

Source: Liverpool Daily Post
More details., and someone included a link already to Wirral News! D'oh
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/439064/3.html
Posted By: Nigel Re: One of Wirral’s oldest houses to go to Auction - 17th Nov 2010 11:44am
I lived in a new built block of flats in Birkenhead at one time, the management company were Smith & Sons. The freeholders went bust. And Smith and sons who where the managing agents at the time responsible for collecting service charges. Still took our monies and would not do any repairs. So we all stoped our standing orders and they promptly quit as managing agents. Refusing to give us back any of our money.

So be warned!
Most management companies are the same, they excel in doing the least possible, its a competitive market and so they don't have a lot of choice. As a landlord you want a cheap management company, as a tenant you have no effective say in the matter.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: One of Wirral’s oldest houses to go to Auction - 17th Nov 2010 12:08pm
Bloomin eck! That's cheap for an old property such as this!
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Most management companies are the same, they excel in doing the least possible, its a competitive market and so they don't have a lot of choice. As a landlord you want a cheap management company, as a tenant you have no effective say in the matter.

Oh yes I (WE)did have a say DD, we stoped paying the service rent effectively firing them therby forcing them to resign. Se we had a say at the end of the day by telling them to COOK OFF!
If I were that management company Nigel I would of sent heavies round to punch the money out of you so you got off lightly, don't go bragging about it son wink
Not clever!
Originally Posted by _Ste_
If I were that management company Nigel I would of sent heavies round to punch the money out of you so you got off lightly, don't go bragging about it son wink
Not clever!

Ok, point taken but it was a long time ago.
I would buy the old house if I won on the lottery
It would be a nice property if you could pick it up and move it from the dive it's located in!
withthat
Someone with taste, welcome to the forums, please stay smile
Its Birds House, as mentioned in one of my previous posts!
It is grade 2 listed and needs COMPLETE modernisation, which will obviously be restricted by English Heritage!
Also on my thread are some inside pics put up by someoue else.
Listed Building Consent

3.2 Anyone who wants to demolish a listed building, or to alter or extend one in any way that affects its character, must obtain 'listed building consent' from the local planning authority (the District or London Borough Council), or in some circumstances the Secretary of State. The procedure is similar to that for obtaining planning permission. (Details can be obtained from the Planning Department of any County, District or London Borough Council).
3.3 It is an offence to demolish, alter or extend a listed building without listed building consent and the penalty can be a fine of unlimited amount or up to twelve months' imprisonment, or both.

Listed Building Consent and Planning Permission

3.4 Anyone wishing to redevelop a site on which a listed building stands will need both listed building consent for the demolition and planning permission for the new building. Planning permission alone is not sufficient to authorise the demolition. Similarly, anyone wishing to alter a listed building in a way which would affect its character, and whose proposed alteration amounts to development for which specific planning permission is required (as distinct from a general permission given by the General Development Order), will also need to apply for planning permission and for listed building consent. See also Sections 1.10, 7 and 9.2.

SOURCE - ENGLISH HERITAGE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: One of Wirral’s oldest houses to go to Auction - 19th Nov 2010 11:53pm
Guys, I will be bidding. Anyone want to rent a flat?
Anyone heard who bought it?
It didn't sell, Smith & Sons will look at offers around the guide price.
It didn't sell, Smith & Sons will look at offers around the guide price.
Thanks for the info. Seems very cheap - must need a lot of work doing.
This place has now got a 'SOLD' sign up, anyone have any more information?
The end of THIS topic tells you what happened - all good news smile
Ahh good stuff, I should have knew better than to think it would be just the one thread on this topic.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral