Forums
Posted By: hansioned police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:00am
There are a quite few of them, by the four bridges, there is white bike there. does anyone know what has happened? hope someone has not fell in, becuae of wind or even jumped.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:18am
Wheels? You down there? confused
Posted By: Wheels Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:19am
Yup a guy fell in. At 0748 I was watching him all over the place via CCTV. He climbed over the barrier and was trying to walk along a ledge by the water. I rang my super and informed her about him and a few seconds into the call he flew backwards into the water. I called 999 and requested the fire service. He was lucky to be dragged out by passengers and other members of the public that heard it coming over the radios in the waiting area of 12quays. The EMC services lobbed him in the back of the ambulance and took him away just now 0817. He's one lucky Sod I'll tell you as he fell right at the inlet that sucks water from the dock under 12quays to the Mersey.

Picture to follow smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:23am
[Linked Image]

Special branch are coming to see me now :S uh uhhh.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:23am
Nice one mate happy good report and good work wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:41am
Great work wheels. Nice one..
Posted By: Wheels Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 7:50am
Just doin ma job tease

I was just questioned by special branch and police, it might be possible that the guy told them he was pushed in (I saw him alone and fall in alone). I think he might be trying to cover up his stupidity?. Oh well, I just celebrated with some smart price cookies. smile
Posted By: hansioned Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 11:19am
woah, he lucky you saw him
Posted By: kermit Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 12:48pm
oooo he is very lucky he is out alive, u mave have just saved his life by reporting it,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 12:58pm
Our hero wheels clap
Posted By: lansyp Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 1:43pm
I want your job mate lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 30th Oct 2010 2:16pm
Well done Wheels. Hope you enjoyed ya celebratory cookies!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police,ambulance and fire engines at docks - 1st Nov 2010 3:25pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
He's one lucky Sod I'll tell you as he fell right at the inlet that sucks water from the dock under 12quays to the Mersey.

What would have happened if he'd have been sucked in, would he have been spat out somewhere having drowned?
A FORMER ambulance man who helped to save a drowning man from a Mersey dock dubbed his 15-year-old nephew the true hero.

Tom Hawkes, a pupil of Wirral Grammar, and his uncle, Steve Smith, rescued the men from the docks at Twelve Quays, in Birkenhead.

Proud Mr Smith told the ECHO: “His sharp eyes spotted a man in the dock at 12 Quays, where a rescuer had been struggling for 10 minutes on his own trying to pull him out.

“None of the passing motorists had seen the drama and both the rescuer and the victim were close to exhaustion when fortunately Tom spotted them.”

Thanks to the eagle-eyed teenager, Mr Smith, who was on his way to work at 8am last Saturday morning, turned his car around and drove back to the water’s edge where the man, who had toppled into the water, was hanging on to the arms of another passer-by who had come to his aid.

Mr Smith said: “We were driving over the bridge when Tom said something was in the water by the docks.

“I kept driving, it hadn’t really registered, but then Tom said it again, so I turned the car around and we saw these guys struggling.

“From what I understand, he had been staggering about the dock, walking along the edge of the water, when he just fell in.

“The other guy must have seen this and run over.

"It was clear they needed help."

Mr Smith added: “[The other rescuer] didn’t go in the water, he was on the side hanging his arms down there, but there was no way for him to get out. He had gone down to the side and got hold of the victim and they were getting more and more desperate.

“What they needed was another pair of hands. The guy reckoned he had been there for about 10 minutes, he was absolutely exhausted.

“I thought, in another three or four minutes, it might well have ended in a tragedy.”

Mr Smith helped drag the man from the water, while quick-witted Tom grabbed a roll of carpet from the boot to keep the casualty warm until the ambulance arrived.

He added: “I am positive that Tom’s intervention saved a life. It’s a great feeling for a 15-year-old.”

A spokesperson for Merseyside fire service said: “We were called, but we were not required because a male had been rescued.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...n-from-birkenhead-docks-100252-27610619/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral