Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 14th Oct 2010 3:28pm
Police warn Wirral cyclists after surge in bike thefts

HOUSEHOLDERS in the Seacombe, Liscard and New Brighton neighbourhoods are being asked to be extra vigilant in securing their push bikes after a recent surge in thefts.

Police are urging people to make sure bikes are locked away securely in sheds and garages, especially at night, when most of the thefts are happening.

Bike owners are reminded of the importance of ensuring their bikes are security marked, so if they are stolen they can be easily identified making it easier for stolen property to be returned to its owner.

Wallasey Neighbourhood Inspector Mike Barrett said: "It is really important for people to take care of their own home security.

"By taking a few simple measures you can significantly reduce your chance of becoming a victim of crime. If you have a shed or a garage make sure you lock bikes in it, but also make sure you padlock them to something secure.

"Think about fitting a security light as this can often scare off would be thieves."

He said Wallasey Neighbourhood Policing Team will soon be launching crime reduction events where they will security mark bikes and give out crime prevention advice.

Anyone with any information or who know who maybe involved in the theft of pedal cycles is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

You can contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team by contacting the following number 0151 7096010, alternatively you can visit the Merseyside Police website and type in your postcode to access all the latest news and information.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 14th Oct 2010 3:34pm
This sounds 'organised' rather than 'opportunity'. Scumbags.
Posted By: raymondo Re: Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 14th Oct 2010 4:06pm
mine was locked in a garage but that didnt stop the robbing basta*ds
Posted By: Wheels Re: Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 14th Oct 2010 4:20pm
Rarrrrrrr! Fecking ...! I want my bike back!

We had a letter from police saying a local house was robbed and to be sure everything is locked in my house. Then a house 2 roads down had there shed robbed after it.
Posted By: shazza51 Re: Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 21st Oct 2010 11:31am
yeah last week our neighbour heard a noise in the entry and chased 2youths who had taken our mini moto out of our garden, luckily they were startled and dropped it as they ran but they were dead cheeky coz they wud of had to lift it over the wall/gate coz of the kids big toys causing obstruction! Comes to something when we cant have nothing in a 'private' back garden without some cheeky tw*t wanting it for themselves!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police warn after surge in bike thefts - 21st Oct 2010 11:44am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Rarrrrrrr! Fecking ...! I want my bike back!

We had a letter from police saying a local house was robbed and to be sure everything is locked in my house. Then a house 2 roads down had there shed robbed after it.

To weeks ago we had an attempted burgaly, we gave the police the handle they used from our gate, they got the lad in custody and he is now on remand smile
Apparently he was responsible for other break INS in our road mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral