Forums
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Cash carrying security guard robbed - 12th Oct 2010 2:54pm
ROBBERS armed with a hammer have targeted a secruity guard carrying a box of cash in an audacious daylight raid.

The crooks struck at Barclays Bank on Bebington Road, Bebington, just before 1pm this afternoon.

It is understood the security guard, who was left shaken but unhurt, was approached by two men as he was carrying the box of cash thought to contain a large amount of money.

It is not clear if he was entering or leaving the bank, but he was threatened with a hammer before the robbers made off with the box

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...g-security-guard-robbed-100252-27455548/
Posted By: SUExx Re: Cash carrying security guard robbed - 12th Oct 2010 3:16pm
So thats why the police helicoper was hovering over head by me today, well now i know. Just shows , the bank is only two mins from me and the first i know of it is on wiki.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cash carrying security guard robbed - 12th Oct 2010 3:25pm
Do the boxes still stain the banknotes rendering them unusable, if they go off course? Ive always wondered why people bother to rob CiT boxes nowadays, considering the technologies that are available to make the stolen banknotes useless, but maybe it's cimply that CiT companies don't bother using them?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Cash carrying security guard robbed - 12th Oct 2010 5:40pm
Sure these boxes have a tracker in them?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral