Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Hunt for Thug who Attacked Disabled Wirral mum - 8th Oct 2010 2:12pm
Hunt for hate crime thug who attacked disabled Wirral mum-of-three

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

A DISABLED woman became the victim of what police have branded a "hate crime" as she waited at Leasowe station.

44-year-old Jane Crawley was sitting on her mobility scooter waiting for level crossing barriers to open when she heard shouting and abuse coming from behind her.

And she was shocked when a man in his 20s got out of a nearby car and picked up handfuls of horse manure from the ground.

The mum-of-three was unable to defend herself as he stuffed the muck down her top and in her hair.

Police say they are treating the incident extremely seriously: "People who carry out hate crimes should be left in no doubt that their behaviour is not tolerated."

Jane told the Globe: "It was awful. I had heard a bit of shouting and general lairy behaviour a bit further down the road but I ignored it and kept my head down.

"Next thing I know is, a man jumps out of the car waiting near me and attacks me in this disgusting manner with horse manure.

"There were other people in the car but they just sat there and watched, laughing at me."

Jane, a former dancer, lives with a string of medical conditions including epilepsy and angina, and has suffered three strokes in recent years.

She relies on her mobility scooter to get around due to regular blood clots in her left leg.

On the day of the incident, Jane was travelling from her sister's Leasowe home to see her boyfriend in Woodchurch.

But now she finds it difficult to leave the house and is reluctant to be on her own.

Jane said: "This has left me absolutely traumatised and I hate going out on my own. I don't know why these people think it's funny to target a disabled person, maybe it gives them a kick?

"How would they like it if someone did this to their mother or grandmother? There is something wrong with these type of people and it has got to stop."

Police are now appealing for witnesses of the incident, which happened at around 5pm, on Monday, August 16, to come forward or for anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV image to contact officers.

Detective Constable Andy Kerr, from Wirral Sigma Team, said: "This was a busy time of day and there were a lot of people around at the time of this incident, which was an extremely distressing and unpleasant experience for the victim.

"We are appealing for anyone with information and in particular the occupants of a yellow Fiat 500 and a white transit van which were in the area at the time to contact us."

He added: "We treat incidents of this nature extremely seriously. People who carry out hate crimes should be left in no doubt that their behaviour is not tolerated and that robust action will be taken to ensure offenders are arrested and prosecuted for their actions."

The attacker is white, in his early to mid-20s, between 6ft 2in and 6ft 4ins, of slim build with short dark hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans and white trainers.

Anyone with any information should call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2612, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE

WTF???
Unbelievable. The state of society just scares me sometimes. Poor lady. frown
Sickening.
what a C*nt
Horrible!

Hope he's caught!
He is sick in the head.
might help if we knew what car he was driving though
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hunt for Thug who Attacked Disabled Wirral mum - 8th Oct 2010 6:32pm
Why is all CCTV footage poor, most of the time it's like watching tv from behind bubble wrap. hope they find him and give him a good kickin frown
cctv is a waste of tax payers money my mate has one behind his shop never cought fookall on it the ones on my house have better footage
Tower Rd is full of CCTV and when i reported a crime, involving someone close as "victim". (I prefer "Survivor" myself)- the police were able to locate the incident on cctv but it cannot be used as evidence because the images are recorded from that high up that peeps look like "stick people". Ie absolutly effin useless!! Grrr
So why bother havong cctv if it doesn't capture any image of use?
Probably used for tracking movement of cars and not for making out smaller objects like faces, etc.
hope they find him & bury him in horse sh*t sick bas**rd.
My eldest son was walking home from school today and some d---head threw a maccies cup of tango at him then raced up town lane in bebington seems to be the latest craze for the corsa boy racer and no brain passeger to do
If you sit off in any of the local maccies with your son im sure you will catch up with the little scumbag cos thats were all the boyracers go, your best bet is the one by green lane. wink
I hope I'm safe next time I go to Maccies in my Corsa - I might put a WikiWirral badge on it to show who I am wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral