Forums
Does anyone know what's happening by the Tesco Express / Post Office at the top of Borough Road in Poulton? There are numerous poice cars, and the police helicopter is out too.

Apparently there's also a car on fire down one of the side roads (not too sure which road)....
armed robbery on the post office i think, from rumours i heard in tesco.
The helicopter shot over mine about 10-15 mins ago. I hope nobody was hurt.
[Linked Image] the latest gossip is that two man tryed to rob some one in a car ouside the post office open fire on the car the man ran into the post office and the staff put up the securty shutters dont know how true this is but some one standing accros the road was telling me :s
Just had a text from a friend who witnessed the lot.

Armed Robbery Men in white paper jumpsuits and masks with Machetes and sledge hammers, he just says by the post office in Seacombe, so not exactly sure where was robbed.

They got away in a very fast car.
I got a MSG saying it was the murco garage?
[Linked Image]
bit of an update on what I know.

Armed robbers were sat in a transit van seeming to be waiting for someone or something, they them jumped out and attacked a bmw with sledge hammers and machetes trying to get the boot open, then an alfa romeo turned up, the armed robbers jumped in the alfa and fled, the alfa was found a few streets away burnt out. This is from a good reliable friend who witnessed it in person from a very close distance.
POLICE are hunting three men in connection with an attempted robbery Wallasey this morning.

Just before 11.45am three men, believed to have been armed with a sledge-hammer and an axe, damaged a BMW belonging to a customer before threatening him to hand over cash.

The victim ran into the post office where he was followed by the three offenders.

The three offenders left the scene empty-handed in a black Alfa Romeo, which was being driven by a fourth man in the direction of Wallasey.

The car was later found abandoned and on fire in Shakespeare Road 10 minutes later. Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene.

The offenders are believed to have then headed off on foot down several alleyways, leading back onto Poulton Road. They may have left the area in a further vehicle.

DI Anne Rannard said: "We take reports of armed robberies extremely seriously and are determined to catch the people involved in this incident to get them off our streets.

"I would like to take this opportunity to appeal to anyone with information to contact us and help us bring these people to justice."

The three men who entered the post office are described as wearing white overalls with black balaclavas.

Anyone who may have seen this incident or has any information is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2263 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8...ing_attempted_armed_robbery_in_Wallasey/
Hahahaha empty handed, the fkin losers, quality, love it, hope they get caught and arse-raped by their fellow inmates!!

..., complete and utter ..., glad the guy in the BMW managed to hold onto his money.
Wonder if they are the same ones who tried to rob the guy outside Yorkshire bank in Birkenhead. Lots of targeted "individual" crime recently, worrying.
they targeted the owner of the petrol station on liscard road, he was banking his weekends takings, rumours are he had 30-40k on him, whoever these idiots were it must of been well planned and i think someone local must of been in on it for them to know wat side streets and entrys lead were. scumbags they are, the staff in post office were very badly shaken by the events, just good to see nobody got hurt.
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Hahahaha empty handed, the fkin losers, quality, love it, hope they get caught and arse-raped by their fellow inmates!!

..., complete and utter ..., glad the guy in the BMW managed to hold onto his money.

withthat

Pure cowardice. And incompetence, I bet it was like watching the Chuckle Brothers.
Originally Posted by DavidB
Originally Posted by MattLFC

withthat

Pure cowardice. And incompetence, I bet it was like watching the Chuckle Brothers.
to you to me with the sledge-hammer laugh
Gna make an effort to corresponde wiv a 'family member'. Find out the goss- she works in the dog shop next door.
The p.o staff are a family business, at the core -dad/ daughter.
Nice people.
Amazing that they still have that much cash to bank in takings - business owners must be really glad for card transactions that can't get robbed like this.

Great that they ended up empty handed - can't stand thieving scumbags!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police & helicopter: Post Office/Tesco in Poulton - 8th Jun 2010 12:22pm
Originally Posted by AR_One

Great that they ended up empty handed - can't stand thieving scumbags!

withthat
"The police take armed robbery very seriously." Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
"The police take armed robbery very seriously." Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

raftl
sherlock !!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral