Forums
Heard Yorkshire Bank got robbed then a van was burnt out and blew up (people thought it was a bomb)...

And then there was some sort of fire near watson street/beckwith street east

Don't know if it was related?
Apparently it was someone going to the bank making a large deposit who got robbed by masked men.
Sister's just been down to go to liverpool, she said there is a 1 or 2 cars on fire and police and firemen are there by the road near the bank and market.
Lots of police cars/vans and police tape and the bus station traffic is being redirected...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 6th Apr 2010 1:25pm
Seems to be on the rise...
Theres a story in the local paper already.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/7986725.Investigation_underway_after_robbery_at_Wirral_bank/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 6th Apr 2010 1:54pm
Strange that the Jeep is burnt out so close to the actual bank raid. Usually its a case of getting away first before disposing of the car in some woods etc. The robbers might of stole another vehicle in the car park...the silver Vauxhall Vectra.
I would go and get some pics but got no batterys :-(
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Strange that the Jeep is burnt out so close to the actual bank raid. Usually its a case of getting away first before disposing of the car in some woods etc. The robbers might of stole another vehicle in the car park...the silver Vauxhall Vectra.
withthat
Maybe it was a diversion...
A car blowing up would be a good diversion but there must be loads of CCTV around there.
Originally Posted by bert1
A car blowing up would be a good diversion but there must be loads of CCTV around there.

There is, i worked on security there for 5 years
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 6th Apr 2010 2:59pm
2 men arrived in a 4 x 4... one had a sledge hammer one had an axe.... ( not sure of what happened next).... then they dropped the weapons a vauxhall vectra turned up one ran to the car fell over dropped his fags got up n got into the car, the other pretrol bombed the 4x4 and got in the vauxhall... the vauxhall ]was found in dover close burned out like the 4x4.............. the strange thing is... there was also a bmw behind the bombed 4x4 with a smashed back window and a little while later when cops arrived etc bank workers went into the boot of the bmw and retreived a black bag and a few carrier bags of what looked like money..... i dont quite understand that part....any ideas anybody???............ i gathered this info listening in on multiple statements took by police haha =D
Sounds like The Chuckle Brothers.
pics and story here:

http://www.wirralworld.com/investigation-underway-after-robbery-at-wirral-bank-t109.html
Is it just me or is that lifted straight from the Globe story?

One way to advertise your wirral site lol
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2 men arrived in a 4 x 4... one had a sledge hammer one had an axe.... ( not sure of what happened next).... then they dropped the weapons a vauxhall vectra turned up one ran to the car fell over dropped his fags got up n got into the car, the other pretrol bombed the 4x4 and got in the vauxhall... the vauxhall ]was found in dover close burned out like the 4x4.............. the strange thing is... there was also a bmw behind the bombed 4x4 with a smashed back window and a little while later when cops arrived etc bank workers went into the boot of the bmw and retreived a black bag and a few carrier bags of what looked like money..... i dont quite understand that part....any ideas anybody???............ i gathered this info listening in on multiple statements took by police haha =D
did he go back for fags? May have prints on the box?
Would the bmw windows blew due to the bomb blast?
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol

It's not you wink
Originally Posted by scoops
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol

It's not you wink
blatent plagarism.
Mrs Bert has just come back from town with this bit of a story, told to her by the girl in poundstretchers, not the whole story of went went on, a couple of men were drawing money out of the hole in the wall, presumably while the robbery was taking place, one person who had money in his hand was approached by a man with an axe and told to hand it over, the man told him to go and do one and got in his car, which by the way had his children in, the axe then went through his window, the girl said his windscreen but i suppose it could have been the back one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 6th Apr 2010 4:17pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by Anonymous
did he go back for fags? May have prints on the box?
Would the bmw windows blew due to the bomb blast?

no the fags were left on the floor.....police had covered them with a cardboard box till scientific support got there to take pictures.....dont think the bmw's window was smashed due to bomb blast.... when scientific support lady was dusting it she opened car door and it was like a fist sized hole......she dusted it, but could not see enough to see wether she got any prints
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 6th Apr 2010 4:23pm
Mrs Bert has just come back from town with this bit of a story, told to her by the girl in poundstretchers, not the whole story of went went on, a couple of men were drawing money out of the hole in the wall, presumably while the robbery was taking place, one person who had money in his hand was approached by a man with an axe and told to hand it over, the man told him to go and do one and got in his car, which by the way had his children in, the axe then went through his window, the girl said his windscreen but i suppose it could have been the back one.

no ambulances were at the scene... which would make sence if this was the case of an axe going through a window with passengers in....the only car with a smashed window was the bmw....this was the car with the black bag and carrier bags of money in the boot
I don't know, just a story she got, would a ambulance be needed if no one was hurt,
was there money definitly in the bags or is it possible it was someones shopping.
Be funny if they-or at least one of them got caught due to prints on fags. raftl
Window story ties in with mrsberts! Hmm
[youtube]ZFzWUNvK96c[/youtube]
I don't know, just a story she got, would a ambulance be needed if no one was hurt,
was there money definitly in the bags or is it possible it was someones shopping.

if there was children in the car then they must of been in the rear seats, so an ambulance would of been called to check for injuries (broken glass), shock etc

well staff came out from yorkshire bank with police officers opened the boot to the car, took out the bags then took them back into the bank with the police officers, they are not going to do that with someone's shopping
I got this from FaceBook - friend's mum's friend witnessed it:

1 was in the bank, and 1 was sitting in the car up the side of the bank and he saw the car reverse up to the bank and they got out with sledgehammers smashed the back in and threw in the bombs......
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...birkenhead-market-video-100252-26187782/

Sledge hammer-wielding robber and gang make off with thousands of pounds near Birkenhead Market (VIDEO)

A SLEDGE hammer-wielding robber and his gang made off with thousands of pounds in cash.
He struck as two men were putting into a night safe at the back of a bank.

Their terrified victims handed over the money, but the masked man who was joined by one or two accomplices smashed the back window of their BMW searching for more.

The robbers then tossed a petrol bomb into the Isuzu 4X4 they pulled up in, which burst into a fireball.

They struck just after 1pm today outside the Yorkshire Bank near Birkenhead Market.
it sounds like an inside job to me.... why would you rob someone in plain view of cameras and how would they no that they were depositing a large amount of money at that time... the bmw was parked rather oddly too... its a bit fishy if u ask me ... it must of been planned for them to organise being picked up by the vauxhall and to burn that in dover close also... hmmmmmm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 7th Apr 2010 10:01am
POLICE are hunting a gang of robbers who threatened two men with a sledgehammer outside a Wirral bank during a daylight raid.

Officers were called to the Yorkshire Bank on Princes Pavement in Birkenhead just after 1pm.

It followed reports that two men were depositing a large amount of cash at the rear of the bank when they were approached by a man, who is believed to have been holding a sledgehammer.

He threatened the pair before taking what has been described by police as a significant amount of money.

It is thought there were two or three offenders, who were wearing ski masks and dark-coloured clothing.

One of the offenders was wearing a florescent jacket.

The offenders set alight a 4x4 car at the scene. A Vauxhall Vectra involved in the incident was also found alight in nearby Dover Close.

Officers believe the offenders made off from that area but it is not known whether this was in a further vehicle or on foot.

The two victims were uninjured but have been left very distressed by the ordeal.

Crime Scene Investigators are in attendance and a thorough investigation is taking place.

The two burnt out cars have been recovered for forensic analysis.

Officers would appeal to anyone who witnessed anything or who has any information to contact 777 2263, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
That must be old because they wasn't in attendance last night about 6pm and 11pm and i have just been down around 9am and nothing still there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gang make off with thousands of pounds Birkenhead - 7th Apr 2010 10:18am
Originally Posted by Victor_Meldrew
That must be old because they wasn't in attendance last night about 6pm and 11pm and i have just been down around 9am and nothing still there.

Not that old
9:22am Wednesday 7th April 2010
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Victor_Meldrew

Not that old
9:22am Wednesday 7th April 2010

Deffo no police in attendance, just text me mate on security down there and there ain't been any around apart from the local town police which walk around each day.
There was nothing there at 5pm yesterday. Just 2 kids poking around on the bit of road where the Trooper had burnt out
Car on fire:

[youtube]ZFzWUNvK96c[/youtube]

This clip is already on page 2
smile
It doesnt matter how much money you pump into Birkenhead, youll never make a silk purse out of a sows ear.....
Or another way of putting it - you can't polish a turd grin
Yes, some of the changes they are currently making are like sprinkling glitter on a dog turd.... think
ha lol, youre right there snooze!......
Originally Posted by aegean
It doesnt matter how much money you pump into Birkenhead, youll never make a silk purse out of a sows ear.....

Originally Posted by Snooze
Or another way of putting it - you can't polish a turd grin

Originally Posted by StuyMac
Yes, some of the changes they are currently making are like sprinkling glitter on a dog turd.... think

oshocked frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral