Forums
Posted By: lonewolf Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 12:31pm
Just been to West Kirby, and the jewellers in The Cresent has been robbed. A smash and grab type. Police are all down there and have taped off the area, Shame I didn't have my camera with me to take pic's. There has been alot of these at moment in wirral / liverpool. Must be related.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 12:38pm
Which one? Is it the small one near the alleyway?
Posted By: lonewolf Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 12:45pm
Yeah that one near the post office.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 1:27pm
What's the name of it, my mates mum is a manager of one of them.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 1:30pm
Just text my mate to let her know so she can contact her mum to check she's okay and see if its her shop, much appreciated you posting this. Tis amazing Wiki!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 1:32pm
It's the one near Thorntons, and next to the abbey bank.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 1:33pm
She has checked, its not her mums shop thankfully. They really do need to do something about these gangs, the problem is, even if they caught them, they would probably get away with it!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 1:38pm
Lot of people are getting desperate, not heard of so many before!
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: Robbery at jewellers in West Kirby - 17th Mar 2010 7:01pm
I actually witnessed this I was sat in the cafe opposite when the robbery took place & have given a statement. The same jewellers got robbed a couple of weeks ago & I feel sorry for the poor owner he was in bits.

Basically there was 4 young lads (2 that robbed the place & 2 in the car an Astra) they put the window through & got away with a lot of the display jewellery.

I have since heard that the police have found the car & arrested one lad, I cant confirm if this is true though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral