Forums
Posted By: 8HBob Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 5:47pm
Just got in from work & the police have got a section of Grove Road shut, from Sea Road lights towards the Nelson pub. There is a car on its roof on the pavement - must have been shifting !

Bob.
Posted By: gossipking Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 6:09pm
Hi,

Live close to the crash site. Been down and took some pictures but unfortunetly the max file size is 1 mb and mine are 6.75mb. Can any one help me with this...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 6:13pm
If you email them over to me I can put them on photobucket? Or you could do it yourself? They allow such sizes to be uploaded?

Or you could link to them from there.

Saw the crash myself, well not the actual crash but the aftermath. Must have been going very, very fast. Wonder if the person inside was OK, didnt seem to be too many people about so would assume so.
Posted By: busy_mum74 Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 6:43pm
it was an elderly man driving, he isnt dead but also didnt look to promising. they got the elderly woman out she was taken into near by house.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 6:57pm
Awww, thats terrible. Hope he's o.k!
Never make assumptions, i had wrongly decided that the driver was a boy racer!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 7:07pm
Boy racer or old... was a given.

I hope the old boy makes a recovery, the mess didn't look pretty.
Posted By: busy_mum74 Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 7:07pm
i know, i asked police officer how the driver was, he said doesn't look good but fingers crossed eh, poor family!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 7:08pm
no doubt a peugot, hope alls well!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 7:15pm
It was a Suzuki Jimny 03 reg, Black or Dark Blue.

Probably not the hardest things to flip over.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 7:20pm
wow, madness, would be interesting to find how it flipped, those are very slow on acceleration.

Hope the peeps are ok, must have been a shocking experience for them frown
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 11th Mar 2010 10:24pm
Yeah, I live close to there and heard loads of emergency sirens.... Being a dog walker, that set of lights is really hazardous as trying to cross with dog has proved. Loads of cars trying to outdo the red light...it needs a pedestrian thingy putting on it. Hope the gentleman and lady are ok.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 12:03am
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 1:27am
thanks for the photos.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 8:46am
crikey
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 8:47am
Car maybe on its roof, but the shell / roof looks to be in tact. If belts were correctly worn the occupants should be ok smile

Looks like it has just caught the wall at a funny angle and flipped - 20mph+ could flip a car if the angle was right.

Guess the only question is how did the old boy manage to leave the road?
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 10:15pm
As Ive said before, cars shoot those lights. The car looks like it was coming down the hill. Its been an accident waiting to happen, sorry about that. Hope people are ok.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 12th Mar 2010 10:41pm
Originally Posted by aegean
As Ive said before, cars shoot those lights. The car looks like it was coming down the hill. Its been an accident waiting to happen, sorry about that. Hope people are ok.

Awww hope alls well frown
Posted By: Waddi Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 4:51pm
Is that a Toyota?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 6:03pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
Is that a Toyota?

Its a Suzuki Jimny mate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 6:44pm
Originally Posted by aegean

Its much further down the hill, I doubt very much if the lights have anything to do with it.

I heard that the old boy passed away; certainly there are the 'serious incident' boards up at the moment which generally only get put up after crashes? Is that right?
Posted By: lansyp Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 8:19pm
drove past on friday think he must have been going up the hill because the wall is down but a metal fence attached to it is bent asive it has been hit coming up the hill i am no expert but thats how it looks .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 8:35pm
Id like to know how the occupiers of the car are?
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 13th Mar 2010 9:27pm
Probably nothing to do with the lights themselves but this area is notorious for speeding cars coming down that hill, Ive seen it all too many times. The type of car looks like it could probably tip over. I think that pedestrian lights could only perhaps slow this traffic down? The number of times Ive had to dodge out of the way of cars trying to get through the red light is ridiculous, some even beep the horn at me!! I just laugh....and think you saddo
Posted By: Mark Re: Car crash , Grove Road ,Wallasey. - 15th Mar 2010 10:05am
Originally Posted by janet
Just to put your minds at rest, the man passed out at the wheel. So if you would like to close this subject, as it is very upsetting for the family. Photos would NOT be appreciated.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral