Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 26th Feb 2010 10:29am
Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson, say police

POLICE investigating a fire at a barn in Wirral believe it was started deliberately.

The fire on Carr Lane, Newton, on February 14 destroyed the barn and the winter cattle feed it contained, causing around £150,000 of damage.

It also destroyed a barn owl nesting box where a pair of barn owls had been nesting for the past two years. Neither of the owls were harmed.

The fire also led to the roads around the barn being closed for four days, which caused a lot of disruption for the local community.

Four men were seen in the area near the barn around 5pm on the day of the fire.

Anyone with any information is asked to call Det Con Mal Adeniran on 0151 777 2247 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: nickynocky Re: Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 26th Feb 2010 11:34am
Hooo Hooos the twit Hoo told you the owls are OK
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 26th Feb 2010 1:58pm
Originally Posted by nickynocky
told you the owls are OK

did yeah. first av heard?? confused

sleep
Posted By: oggie Re: Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 26th Feb 2010 11:38pm
The barn owner is a good friend of mine,he and his family are very very distressed over this,the police at first did not seem to be treating this fairly,it now appears they are treating this as it should be treated.He believes that the same ... trashed a house earlier on.

I also know the president of the Wirral barn owl trust who work hard to get this bird re-established here and I know he too will be very upset about losind a very important site for a nesting pair of Tyto Alba.

Chris
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 26th Feb 2010 11:50pm
Its a real shame, I hope repairs can be made and that the barn owls will be re-established again.
Posted By: nickynocky Re: Fire at Wirral barn may have been arson. - 27th Feb 2010 1:34am
stuff the Tyto Alba? We should be directing our efforts towards the displaced barn owls
© Wirral-Wikiwirral