Forums
Posted By: angelina B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:18pm
What happened to the B p petrol station on Seabank rd? Have thecouncil brought the land for more flats?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:21pm
Originally Posted by angelina
What happened to the B p petrol station on Seabank rd? Have thecouncil brought the land for more flats?

its king street smile

Went past before, it looks like its being demolished frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:24pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

its king street smile

B p station on king street think

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:25pm
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by _Ste_

its king street smile

B p station on king street confused think

they`ve ripped all the pumps out and demolished the canopy r kid confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:27pm
wow mad it was open the other day. omg
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:27pm
oshocked
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:28pm
I know i used it to get petrol n pump my tires up confused
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:29pm
unbelievable....
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:31pm
Originally Posted by aegean
unbelievable....

Is kind of wierd, no notice or nothing, 1 minute its there, the next its closed down? Guys in t shop didn`t even say anything and i used it quite a lot confused
Posted By: angelina Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:35pm
Yep. I stand corrected! King st. Soz its been a long week!!! I used it all the time. It was there at the week-end , then mon night it was all surrounded be chain link , today the roof is down.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:37pm
Someone get their arse down their and take pics before its flattened and sheletered housing put up...!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 10:38pm
I`ll get some pics on the way to work tomorrow smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 11:25pm
topic of its own now. wink camera
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 12th Feb 2010 11:41pm
yerrr laugh
Posted By: Angel_x Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:09am
smack could of took some pictures all week lol
Posted By: MrPhil Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:21am
Can't see them building on it as ex petrol stations cannot be built on due to the tanks below.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:26am
Originally Posted by MrPhil
Can't see them building on it as ex petrol stations cannot be built on due to the tanks below.

grove road they did, confused
Posted By: MattLFC Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:38am
They can if they remove the tanks; there is a way around this after a new building has been built as well, because the ones on Reeds Lane/Leasowe Road never had the tanks removed and there was a big delay in them being signed off as a result of it (there was talk of them being pulled down and rebuilt) but they have people living in them now.

Petrol stations do need to close from time to time and have the tanks replaced - Tesco were forced to close their petrol station by the authorities which is why all of a sudden they closed it with no prior warning and for no apparent reason a year or two ago (because they were found to be in breach of safety legislation according to people working there) and then a few weeks afterwards they had their tanks replaced and re-opened it and the Shell on Hoylake Road closed a few months back for two weeks when they had their tanks replaced.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:51am
that a bit mad, it would be nice to inform the customers so they had some insight into what was going on but nothing confused

Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by MrPhil

grove road they did, confused

also breck road.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 1:01am
Ste mate, they don't exactly want to advertise that they were operating in breach of health and safety regulations. The staff were ony telling people because they were sick of people moaning and asking why the petrol station was shut for no reason.

wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 1:11am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Ste mate, they don't exactly want to advertise that they were operating in breach of health and safety regulations. The staff were ony telling people because they were sick of people moaning and asking why the petrol station was shut for no reason.

wink

lol but customers who are regulars shouldn`t be a problem, sorry mate i was on about king st not tescos smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 1:18am
Ah lol tease
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 11:53am
yeah Grove road opposite Flynns piece they built flats on a site of a petrol station. They probably still get a whiff of it every now and then.
Posted By: hoseman Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 12:02pm
They are replacing the tanks at Shell in Elesmere Port as well!
Looks like demolition but not!
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 2:24pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
They are replacing the tanks at Shell in Elesmere Port as well!
Looks like demolition but not!

Sainsbury Petrol station at Cheshire Oaks is in the same state
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 8:52pm
Originally Posted by aegean
yeah Grove road opposite Flynns piece they built flats on a site of a petrol station. They probably still get a whiff of it every now and then.

haha, i used to go there and use the jetty garage round the back to spraypaint my cars with areosol cans laugh
got thru out many a time by the not so amused shopkeepers raftl
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: B p petrol station on king street - 13th Feb 2010 9:13pm
grin ha....Whats goin on with all the garages? weird
Posted By: angelina Re: B p petrol station on king street - 15th Feb 2010 10:19pm
Its completely gone tonight!!!!!
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: B p petrol station on king street - 15th Feb 2010 10:29pm
ha! another one bites the dust.....
Posted By: angelina Re: B p petrol station on king street - 19th Feb 2010 6:40pm
Found out its getting a re-fit, so it will be a petrol station again!!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: B p petrol station on king street - 21st Feb 2010 3:22am
Lmao, were running out of petrol pumps on Wirral atm... the Shell on Hoylake Road in Moreton has been having more work done to it this week as well.

Must be summit in the water, or petrol rather lol.
Posted By: nicky Re: B p petrol station on king street - 21st Feb 2010 6:03pm
Yeah i went to use the cash machine last week to find it had all been knocked down lol
Hope they build a different petrol station than BP though coz it was pretty expensive that one!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: B p petrol station on king street - 21st Feb 2010 6:22pm
BP's are always expensive wink

The one on the Meols stretch is always 3 - 4p per litre higher than the Shell just down the road in Moreton, and even the Total or whatever it is in Hoylake. No justification for the pricing whatsoever.

When it was a Shell, it was only ever a penny higher than the Moreton one.
Posted By: nicky Re: B p petrol station on king street - 21st Feb 2010 6:27pm
Yeah i prefer Shell. Hope it aint gonna take ages tho!
Posted By: Andy13 Re: B p petrol station on king street - 22nd Feb 2010 12:29am
yeh Shell always seems to beat its local rivals! always preferred Shell.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral