Forums
Posted By: abcdefgh Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 10th Feb 2010 9:53pm
shocked This may be old news but just wondering does anyone know what has happened to the Car showroom on Seaview Rd? It was quite a big one, loads of cars there one day, then overnight the whole place is empty, every single car gone ....very strange. Anyone shed any light?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 9:56pm
Ste might know? smile
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 9:58pm
tired yeah be good if he does, very suspicious thing.....ste where are ya? think
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 9:59pm
U.E?? laugh laugh
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:01pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
U.E?? laugh laugh
withthat
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:01pm
Lmao it might not even be shut yet haha! Do you mean Sovereign Motors btw?
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:06pm
Its on the same side as Kwik Fit just a bit further along the road, its def gone. I know the motor trade is suffering a bit but didnt think it was this bad.
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:13pm
it was clear when I went past the early last week, thought it may have closed
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:20pm
weird....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:31pm
I noticed as I passed it on the bus yesterday. Its called Motormall. All cars were gone.

website still up..

http://www.motormall.tv/
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:51pm
Ah motormall, Ste said they were dodgy anyway, so no great loss.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 10:55pm
It shut down a couple of years ago. It always amazed me how they got the cars in there, let alone out again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 11:02pm
Originally Posted by bobi1
It shut down a couple of years ago. It always amazed me how they got the cars in there, let alone out again.

No, not that one. The other one. On the corner of Burns Avenue and Seaview Road. You are thinking of the one nearer to ASDA, corner of Massey Park and Seaview Road. Thats been closed longer then 2 years!
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 11:08pm
Oops, my mistake.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 10th Feb 2010 11:26pm
Crikey, you mean the big showroom opposite Edinburgh Road? Just asked hubby and he said it had shut down, had no idea! We bought our first ever car from them, a white Peugeot 309. Brill little car.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 6:56am
Talk in the pub is of dodgy deals, taking several cash deposits just before they did a runner. How unusual for second hand car dealers!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 9:19am
The one that was Skoda?
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 9:49pm
whippy mmmm Id heard on the grapevine that alot of 'la clocking' used to take place...... It was called Motormall in the end but was called something else a couple of years ago.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 10:01pm
This place was renamed `motormall` after the original company `wallasey car centre` where named and shamed in the paper in connection with money laundering. Several staff where arrested in connection with that offence. They are still wallasey car centre with a different name.

The cars where being removed at around 10pm sunday night,next morning the place was empty omg

I `heard` they may of moved to widnes, how true this may be i have no idea.

Very shifty company though, i don`t suppose there are any old customers in here who had trouble with them?

Me and jase used to work for seaviw motors (one next to kwik fit) and they were forever `hiding` cars in our garage.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 10:11pm
Hi Ste, yep we had problems with them over a car we purchased a couple of years ago. No good. There probably doing business in Widnes now.... shifty buggers.... wink There were two cars in there this afternoon, right by the building...could have been the wikis doing a ue
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 10:18pm
Originally Posted by aegean
Hi Ste, There were two cars in there this afternoon, right by the building...could have been the wikis doing a ue

hi Yes, i seen those 2 cars today, wondering if they`ve left any of the p/x`s around the back. confused
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 11th Feb 2010 11:47pm
whistle Do you think they have?......might have a look....
Posted By: Macgold Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 12th Feb 2010 11:51am
Allegedly they have declared themselves bankrup following a visit from trading standards. Not sure if it's true !!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 12th Feb 2010 12:58pm
The tax man wants them. wink as for a ue on the place its not worth it there is nothink to see, also good old frank will release the hounds on to you. raftl
Posted By: daveybm Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 12th Feb 2010 3:23pm
Went past there at 12.00 today and there'as a bloke in their painting the entrance way, maybe getting it ready for new owners?

Dave

No cars in showroom but 2 round the back.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 12th Feb 2010 11:18pm
Originally Posted by angelina
Used to be Seaview car sales then it was a mans name that escapes me!!!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 15th Feb 2010 11:02am
pic from about 1988
Seabank Autos
sorry got mixed up between Seabank and Seaview

didn't read thread thru

Attached picture Seabank Autos.jpg
Posted By: dag37 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 23rd Feb 2010 10:43am
We bought a renault there 6 months ago with a 12 month warrenty to find they had disapeared when the engine blew up it will cost £700 at renault in prenton but i have found where the cars which were on the forecourt are , they are in widness under a company name motorswitch just openned last saturday i spoke to trading standards and they say you need his home address. mad
Posted By: charlie Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 26th Feb 2010 2:20pm
Your right they are trading in widness under the name of Motorswitch. Tan house lane is the address. Surely they cant get away with what they have done, many people have lost deposits on cars. Isnt it fraud that they have commited !!
Posted By: tomo44 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 22nd Mar 2010 8:48am
yes, they are supposed to have gone to widnes,to a firm called motor xxxxx.they are indeed dodgy. they have given false detials to companies house , accoring to the info they are still operating from seaview road and the new director is damian ford who took over the last time that this happened at thre same site. warn people in widnes not to buy anything off a saleman called carl.

Posted By: tomo44 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 22nd Mar 2010 8:56am
hi, home address of the saleman carl let me know how you get on, as they owe me £950 for repairs that should have been done under the warrenty.

ADMIN :Personal Details Have been removed.
Please use Private messages.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 22nd Mar 2010 11:31am
Hi Tomo.

Welcome to the machine.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 22nd Mar 2010 2:21pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
pic from about 1988
Seabank Autos
sorry got mixed up between Seabank and Seaview

didn't read thread thru

Have you got anymore of those? any other dealer photos as well?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 22nd Mar 2010 6:52pm
wink
Posted By: alysia Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road - 27th Mar 2010 2:12pm
Hi RE: Motormall UK. I bought a car of them for £8000 and the engine blew up twice, the last time it went back to their garage a year ago now they said it was my fault and offered me £4000. I refused and got in touch with trading standards and eventually got them to court, where the court official passed a order on them to repay me the whole £8000. This was back in January now and the baliff obviously can't serve judgement on them because they have moved or shut up shop. I am a pensioner and this garage has not only had my £8000 but also have the vehicle. I contacted the police and they say that they can't do anything because the vehicle is not regiestered in my name. I have never in all my years come across a company that does its business this way. If anyone has any information on where this company is trading from, or needs any advice as far as the correct channels to go through, trading standards and small claims court, post a reply. I just hope no one else will be ripped off.
Posted By: alysia Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 27th Mar 2010 5:39pm
Same happened to me, apart from they have my vehicle and my £8000. Ive put a post on with all the details.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 27th Mar 2010 6:29pm
This company has got away with murder, shouldnt still be trading surely? This lot needs sorting out in a big way, hope nobody else suffers.
Posted By: LiamJG Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 27th Mar 2010 9:44pm
This salesman Carl, he wouldn't have ginger hair by any chance would he?
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 9:09pm
yep
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 9:19pm
mad Enjoy carl, enjoy! smirk

[youtube]8pASZWxxA-Q[/youtube]
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 10:13pm
Its mental that Ste lol! I wondr if carl would like it lol?
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 10:15pm
Very sinister, everything comes to those who wait-whether they like it or not lmao.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 10:17pm
ha, youre right! horrible vid wasnt it?
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 10:21pm
Well I dunno how Carl sleeps at night. There are certainly plenty of people on here who have good reason to wish he didnt sleep well, he's probably one of those gits who gets away with murder and just walks away scott free.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 28th Mar 2010 10:29pm
sickening it is.....
Posted By: Texas Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 17th Aug 2010 8:24pm
I'm afraid i found your posts too late. I have recently bought a car from motorswitch in widnes and i am really worried now about the comments i have read on here. The car needed several jobs doing on it and i was told they would all get done for me under my warranty. This was a couple of months ago and all i keep getting from them is excuses as to why they cant do the repairs. I wish i had found this forum before i went anywhere near this dealer. Anybody else got any more news about them?
Originally Posted by Texas
I'm afraid i found your posts too late. I have recently bought a car from motorswitch in widnes and i am really worried now about the comments i have read on here. The car needed several jobs doing on it and i was told they would all get done for me under my warranty. This was a couple of months ago and all i keep getting from them is excuses as to why they cant do the repairs. I wish i had found this forum before i went anywhere near this dealer. Anybody else got any more news about them?
Report them to trading standards, if they receive enough complaints they will investigate properly.
gutted to hear about this, i guess every company makes one or two mistakes however not on this scale, 100% con men who shouldnt be walking.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 17th Aug 2010 9:50pm
The former site is again a car showroom.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 18th Aug 2010 11:38am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
The former site is again a car showroom.

The former Seaview Road site has now been split into three different businesses. the car wash bit is run by the pizza place over the road. the cheap cars along the back wall is the guy in the yard behind the pizza place, and the cars on the front are owened by another guy. wink
Welcome to the machine Texas.
Posted By: kerrim Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 23rd Mar 2011 5:42pm
unfortunately I found this site too late! I purchased a citreon off motormall last January, traded my car in for it also and paid the extra in cash. Stupidly I took the car away on the promise the minor repairs I had pointed out and that it was due an MOT 2 months later were going to be carried out within the next week! 2 days after I purchased the car the clutch went so I went straight back over to the garage to find the forecourt cleared out, which had been apparantly done in the early hours of that morning, I phoned the carsales man straight away that I had done the deal with and he pretended he knew nothing at all about it, to cut it short we ended up having a huge row on the phone and he cut me off. I ended up paying £750 on repairs that the car needed, informed trading standards who basically said i didn't have a leg to stand on unless I could find out if they were trading elsewhere. Any how 12 months on the saga continues, after my husband loses his job we have to tighten the belt and one of our 2 cars has to go, rang a garage up and they were offering me a good deal cash but obviously wanted to see the car first, took the car down to the garage he ran his tests and my car has finance outstanding on it from the previous owner, plus its a category D insurance loss, which I knew totally nothing about ( this is one of the questions i asked the salesman before I purchased as having kids want them to be safe, yes should have done an HPI check myself!!! but didn't) and basically now can't even sell the car because of the insurance loss and finance outstanding. Have telephoned the finance company and now have to prove I was an innocent purchaser in all this as I could have woke up one morning to the repo man coming to take my car away as its not legally mine it belongs to the finance company. Just wish I could get my hands on the ... bags that have done this and really do hope they get their cumuppance !
Posted By: Texas Re: Used Car Showroom on Seaview Road, Wallasey - 18th May 2011 8:36pm
Motorswitch has now gone and (suprise suprise) opened up again under another name! Same premises,same cars,new name. How on earth this is allowed to carry on is beyond me. Further to my comments many months ago about my car needing several jobs doing on it,it has now gone completely kaput. In a nutshell it needs £700 worth of repairs to get it through its next m.o.t so now i am stuck with a worthless car i have to scrap for next to nothing & take a huge loss on the price i paid for it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral