Forums
Posted By: MattLFC 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 8:13pm
Went past about an hour ago, a load fire engines etc there. Went past on me way back 10 mins ago, still there, the blaze is out, but the investigation team was just setting up.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 8:20pm
Sounds pretty shifty to me think
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 8:24pm
They been goin down for a while from what I can see.
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 8:45pm
3 counties? Name rings a bell! Car showroom, is it. Leasowe rd. Grrr buggging me i cant place it
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 8:46pm
Hoylake road, by Fender
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: 3counties on Fire - 10th Feb 2010 9:03pm
Aaar, cheers matt. I know it!
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 7:14am
I heard on a number of occasions an Aldi or Lidl was being built there sometime soon.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 7:50am
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol
I heard on a number of occasions an Aldi or Lidl was being built there sometime soon.
read somewhere aldl where seeking planning permission!
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 8:03am
Wow is it destroyed or just a small fire? I used to do there tyres years ago.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 9:04am
How long has it been empty?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 9:16am
I drove past about 9 last night... there was a fire engine stopped in the first lane of the Moreton Spur heading towards Tesco...

Didn't even notice anything odd about 3 counties
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 10:47am
It's not empty, their still in business. All the fire trucks were over at 3counties at around 19:00 - 20:00 (I never went out again after this).

Iirc, there was two fire engines over at 3counties itself, and another one over at the Fender Way flyover. The place was clogged with smoke the first time I went past, I was in a hurry so didnt have to time to stop and see what was going on. Upon returning later on, the fire investigation unit and a couple of cars were also in attendance, again, outside 3counties.

smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 11:01am
Clicky I guess they used the Council's Arson Services first...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 11:03am
think Its all becoming clear now....
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 11:06am
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/webtables/20096344-16.gif

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/planning/webtables/20096344-30f.gif
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 4:02pm
Earliest decision date on the planning application is Wednesday of next week......... think
Posted By: SilentReader Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 5:39pm
TWO teenagers escaped unharmed after rubbish caught fire outside their first floor flat in Moreton.

The fire spread into the the former Three Counties car showroom on the ground floor, causing smoke damage.

The incident happened at around 6.30pm last night.

Three fire crews spent two hours at the scene, where they led the the boys, aged 15 and 18, down a ladder from the flat.

Smoke alarms were fitted at the property.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/5002986.Mersey_Fire_and_Rescue__News_in_brief/
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 6:11pm
I knew I wasnt seeing things lol!!

laugh
Posted By: manic28_am Re: 3counties on Fire - 11th Feb 2010 7:38pm
There was a feature advert in the paper last week saying that they (3 Counties) had just been taken over and were very much open for business and were looking forward to the future.

Sounds a little bit sus to me I'm afraid. There as a potential get-out?

I thought it strange when the Aldi application was going through.

Hum. Pondering on this now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 12th Feb 2010 1:07pm
Originally Posted by manic28_am
There was a feature advert in the paper last week saying that they (3 Counties) had just been taken over and were very much open for business and were looking forward to the future.

ye i seen that, it was one of there long term workers that was buying him out. somethink Smells Fishey. whistle
Posted By: LilBeechie Re: 3counties on Fire - 22nd Sep 2010 3:19am
Hello, just to let you all know, i was living in the flat above the 3counties show room when it was on fire, someone had set bins and rubbish on fire in the alleyway at the side which led to my motorbike and anything in its path, i was trapped above the showroom for over an hour. they had to rescue me out the window with a ladder. the smoke was unbearable but the actual building was not damaged in anyway. it has now been knocked down for an aldi to be built
Posted By: LilBeechie Re: 3counties on Fire - 22nd Sep 2010 3:21am
Originally Posted by SilentReader
TWO teenagers escaped unharmed after rubbish caught fire outside their first floor flat in Moreton.

The fire spread into the the former Three Counties car showroom on the ground floor, causing smoke damage.

The incident happened at around 6.30pm last night.

Three fire crews spent two hours at the scene, where they led the the boys, aged 15 and 18, down a ladder from the flat.

Smoke alarms were fitted at the property.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/5002986.Mersey_Fire_and_Rescue__News_in_brief/

i did not know that was in the paper.. it was me and a friend rescued from there as i was renting the flat above..
Posted By: DavidB Re: 3counties on Fire - 22nd Sep 2010 9:58am
Does anyone -not- agree that this sounds really dodgy?
Apart from someone randomly setting fire to rubbish next to the showroom, but planning permission granted for yet another supermarket being built on the grounds?

Glad you're OK LilBeechie. smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 22nd Sep 2010 10:06am
Tony bell eh? Up to his old tricks, tosser!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 22nd Sep 2010 10:15am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Tony bell eh? Up to his old tricks, tosser!

withthat

Posted By: LilBeechie Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 9:20pm
I know who set fire to the rubbish, and yes im lucky to be ok thanks David.

Tony Bell was my landlord and he was a complete utter knobhead, He left the property with no heating or hot water for 8 months the only hot water we had was the electric shower, he refused to remove all the rubbish from the alley, tried to stop me having family and friends visiting the flat and much moreeee mad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 10:07pm
Originally Posted by LilBeechie
I know who set fire to the rubbish, and yes im lucky to be ok thanks David.

Tony Bell was my landlord and he was a complete utter knobhead, He left the property with no heating or hot water for 8 months the only hot water we had was the electric shower, he refused to remove all the rubbish from the alley, tried to stop me having family and friends visiting the flat and much moreeee mad

Like i said before, yes, the guys a tosser, total inconsideration for anybody but himself and money, may he be struck by a truck and crash into a river over a high bridge in the freezing cold christmas winter! mad

smirk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 10:18pm

Like i said before, yes, the guys a tosser, total inconsideration for anybody but himself and money, may he be struck by a truck and crash into a river over a high bridge in the freezing cold christmas winter! mad

smirk

Or even get hurt in some obscure way!!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 10:18pm
raftl
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 10:37pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
Or even get hurt in some obscure way!!!
Quality thumbsup
Posted By: Sanchez Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 10:52pm
Who is tony bell? I aint never heard of him. Sounds like a bully.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 11:32pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Who is tony bell? I aint never heard of him. Sounds like a bully.

hE WAS THE owner of 3 counties, ripped many a person off with the warrantys, was a total prick to his workers and didn`t give a toss about his tenants.
has an estate with various propertys in ness, also within which he lives, all work done on his property was denied by planning permision but he still went ahead and done it anyway, the property has electric gates, the keycode is....
Hieght of summer working in his garage in tarren way and the tosspot made us wear full uniform and wouldn`t put the air con on, if you removed clothing you would be sacked.
i`m pretty sure there are some customers from 3 counties who would like to express their opinions?
Guys a BELL full stop.
Scooby used to work for him too!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 11:39pm
And the keycode is?????????
Come on, that's a UE waiting to happen, surely!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 11:55pm

cant remember, besides that i`m sure his two large dolbermans will have something to bark about, lol wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: 3counties on Fire - 23rd Sep 2010 11:58pm
raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 24th Sep 2010 12:13am

cant remember, besides that i`m sure his two large dolbermans will have something to bark about, lol wink

Bring 'em on!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 3counties on Fire - 24th Sep 2010 12:17am
Bring 'em on!!!

You going to BBQ them as well?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3counties on Fire - 24th Sep 2010 12:18am
As long as they aren't too stringy!
I'll eat anything!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 24th Sep 2010 12:44am
raftl
Posted By: dave_g Re: 3counties on Fire - 25th Sep 2010 11:28pm
firm i used to work for used to do the valetin for im...
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: 3counties on Fire - 26th Sep 2010 6:53pm
oh right
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: 3counties on Fire - 26th Sep 2010 7:34pm
Its a bit late for a UE now. I drove past on Saturday and the whole sites now levelled. Sounds like the guy there was well dodgy. This explains why I was always warned under no circumstances to buy a car from there by one of my family members. She worked for the inland revenue and was responsible for collecting motor traders tax at the time. She never told my why due to customer confidentiality but it looks like I made the right assumption about the place.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 3counties on Fire - 26th Sep 2010 8:07pm
Aye, take for instance a chap from seabank road saved £10,000 for a nice toyota celica vvti in silver, paid for the car and got a warranty with it.
couple of months went by when the hydraulic struts that hold the boot up were leaking and no longer worked.
Mr bell refused to supply new ones and instead insisted that he just `remove the rear spoiler` (which was factory fitted by the way).
I think the poor guy ended up taking him to court, never did find out the outcome though. The guy still has the car now to this day. I`m the one who had to take the crap when delivering it back to him (i felt a right b*****d but had no choice) i told the guy he was an asshole too and to take him to court.
There was a lot more than that belive me. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral