Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 9:14am
There's been an accident/incident on Arrowe Park Rd, just before the lights junction with Arrowe Brook Rd. A BMW and a Corsa involved. Plenty of police and ambulance there.

Also spotted a police car racing down Leeswood Rd and even police on foot wheezing into the same road.

There were even police parked in the road that runs parallel with Arrowe Park Rd behind the hedges.

BMW front-end was facing towards the pavement passenger door open. Corsa had mashed left front axle and wheel was sitting on the ground. Driver was still in car looking around, being treated by paramedic.

Reckon it'll be blocked for a while, looked like they were still trying to apprehend someone down the side-roads!

OK, any theories?
Posted By: kimpri Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 9:32am
Lot more police there now,
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 9:34am
OK, I've just been told by a colleague its armed robbers and up until about 10 minutes ago they were still running round the Woodchurch! Think they have them now but loads of roads closed off round the Woody.

The Corsa belongs to a member of staff from the hospital who was on their way to work with their family.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 10:48am
Thats explains all the blue lights on the M53 this morning going the other way.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 10:49am
Yes I was told there was mayhem through the tunnels as a load of cops came across from Liverpool to deal with it.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 10:58am
and ellesmere Port by the look of it.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:09am

Three men arrested following cash-in-transit robbery at Co-Op store in Heswall

THREE men have been arrested following a cash-in-transit robbery in Heswall this morning.

Security guards were delivering cash to the Co-Operative store in Pensby Road at about 8.15am when they were approached by four men armed with a sledge hammer and angle grinder.

The men threatened one of the security guards with the sledge hammer and then assaulted him and forced him to hand over a cash box.

They then turned their attention to the cash machine and stole a further quantity of cash.

It is believed the offenders escaped with tens of thousands of pounds.

They got away in a silver BMW, which was found a short while later on nearby Fishers Lane and were seen to get in to a black 4x4 BMW.

A traffic patrol car spotted the BMW on Arrowe Park Road and a pursuit ensued - the offender's vehicle was driven erratically and clipped a number of cars.

The offenders abandoned the car on Arrowe Park Road and officers pursued on foot - as a result three men have been arrested on suspicion of the robbery.

Police have recovered an angle grinder and cash boxes.

The three men are being taken to a police station on Merseyside where they will be interviewed by detectives. A fourth man is being hunted by police.

One of the security guards has been taken to hospital with minor injuries and both security guards have been distressed by the incident.

A couple of motorists who had been in cars on Arrowe Park Road, which were clipped by the offender's vehicle, have also been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Crime Scene Investigators are carrying out forensic examinations at the scene and house-to-house inquiries will be carried out.

Police are appealing to anyone who may be able to help them with their inquiries to contact 0151 777 5608, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source: Wirral Globe
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:16am
Just been past there on the bus and it looks like half the police are out for this one and the road has been blocked off since it happened, just had to have a nice detour around Greasby.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:17am
Thank fook they caught them smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:21am
Originally Posted by Beaker
One still not caught...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:26am
3 out of 4 aint bad though - Im sure he will be rounded up now they have the others happy
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:41am
I keep hearing sirens...but maybe that's because I work at the hospital doh
Posted By: bert1 Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 12:23pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
I keep hearing sirens...but maybe that's because I work at the hospital doh

Or suffering from tinnitus
Posted By: Volly Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 12:30pm
Wonder if it's the same gang who have been targetting wirral/merseyside banks and jeweller's over the past few months?

They scared the **** out of me when they did Loyds TSB in moreton - my son just stood there and thought it was great but me being a big softy nearly wet myself, lol.

Hope it's the same ones.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 12:33pm
Might be linked to this ...

Supt Bill McWilliam said: "We are keen to trace the four men involved."
Posted By: AR_One Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 1:09pm
Bet that we hear tomorrow that they've been "released on bail pending further enquiries" GRR
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 2:18pm
Why don't these shops have the old drop shelves, they all seem to have shutters and smoke, neither of which are particularly effective. If the shelf drops down beyond reach it is much more effective.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 3:24pm
Trio arrested over cash van raid in Heswall, Wirral

Three men have been arrested after a cash-in-transit robbery at a Co-Operative store in Heswall, Wirral.

Security guards were delivering money to the store on Pensby Road when four men approached them armed with a sledge hammer and an angle grinder.

The men threatened one of the security guards and assaulted him, forcing him to hand over a cash box at about 0815 GMT, Merseyside Police said.

The gang had also taken a quantity of money from the store's cash machine.

The offenders escaped in a silver BMW which was found a short while later on Fishers Lane.

Police said the men then got into a black 4x4 BMW.

A patrol car spotted it on Arrowe Park Road and gave chase.

The men abandoned the BMW on the same road and officers ran after them - three men were then arrested on suspicion of the robbery.

Police recovered an angle grinder and cash boxes.

One of the security guards was taken to hospital with minor injuries, police said.

Some motorists who had been in cars on Arrowe Park Road, which were clipped by the offenders' vehicle, were also taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Source: The Beeb
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 3:31pm
their not the brightest of bunches who done this job, lets face it 8.15 am at that roundabout is gridlocked. silly billys.

PS anyone need a getaway driver pm me LOLOL

Some how think they are not related to the Jewel crooks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 3:34pm
In a perfect world, when they are found guilty, they would be sentenced to 15 years in prison; but I would be surprised if they get 4!!

Either way, it's excellent that they caught them (or at least 3 out of 4).
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 3:38pm
f**k i was at this shop around 10 past 8 this morning and then went back 40mins later and there were police everywere
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 4:14pm
Originally Posted by vw_kyle
f**k i was at this shop around 10 past 8 this morning and then went back 40mins later and there were police everywere
Hope you didn't have the angle grinder on you when you went back...
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 4:26pm
no made sure i got rid off it first lol
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 4:27pm
no made sure i got rid off it first lol
You ARE the 4th man!!!!! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!! Stop thief!!!!! seeyu
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 4:48pm
arrgh no ive been caught busted busted busted
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 4:52pm
Kyle ya dodgy fook lol tease
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 5:07pm
lol anyone want to buy a sledge hammer
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 5:14pm
were the car was found on fishers lane i usually park there every morning waiting for me gf to finish work and usually there for about half an hour reading the paper but for some reason never parked there this morning been there every morning for bout 5 months, 5 more mins would of seen the whole thing doh
Posted By: Tatey Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 5:55pm
I was at home working on my confuser, but I think I feel whiplash coming on!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 5:58pm
were the car was found on fishers lane i usually park there every morning waiting for me gf to finish work and usually there for about half an hour reading the paper but for some reason never parked there this morning been there every morning for bout 5 months, 5 more mins would of seen the whole thing doh

Your not much use then are ya... you could have got the whole thing on video for a Wiki exclusive lmao!!

laugh
Posted By: lawton Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 8:53pm
pretty scary stuff. only live 3 roads away from the co-op, glad none of my family were around there at the time
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 9:07pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
Originally Posted by Beaker
One still not caught...

Wont be long before the little fag gets blown up by one of his `mates`

GET A FU**IN JOB! Lowlife ...!

smile
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 19th Jan 2010 11:54pm
Ok now i know vw_kyle isnt telling the truth. You went to St Mary's! No one from there can read! Someone call the rozzers!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 12:05am
lol, ian ian ian
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 11:03am
Noooo, he learnt to read inside, was doing time for attempted armed robbery I believe... forgot to put enough fuel in the getaway car lol.
Posted By: bromatt Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 11:25am
Hello All,

I've been on here a few times but never reg'd. I was present just after the accident and managed to get a pic. Not very clear i know. The car wasnt a corsa but a C3 and was hit on the passenger side front destroying most of the wing and causing significant damage to the front suspension, driveshaft, susp, hub, breaks all detached. BMW was being pursued by the police at the time and was travelling at a significant speed (50-65mph approx).

[img]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BTtPfggC_kqQyvoXa0jXEQ?feat=directlink[/img]

Regards

Matt
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 12:23pm
matty you learnt me how to read when we were inside i believe it was your job to put the fuel in the car u owe me big time.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 1:04pm
yeah, told u already, i forgot tease
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Accident on Arrowe Park Road - 20th Jan 2010 1:10pm
well if u never went to that westlife concert the night before and got up early you wouldnt off
© Wirral-Wikiwirral