Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 15th Jan 2010 5:19pm
Woman forced to lie on the floor during Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery

A LARGE amount of cash and cigarettes were stolen in a robbery in Ellesmere Port last night.

Two men entered the Bargain Booze off licence on Princes Street at around 8.10pm.

One of the men stood by the door while the other grabbed hold of the sales assistant and forced her to open the till.

He then made her lie on the floor while he stole a large amount of cash from the till and cigarettes from the store before running off through the front door.

The first man is described as 5ft10 and was wearing a black waterproof waist length jacket with a peaked hood, which partially covered his face.

He was also wearing black gloves, black bottoms and black shoes.

The second man was slightly shorter and was wearing a grey hooded top, which also partially covered his face.

Both men had Ellesmere Port accents and police are calling on witnesses to come forward.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or Cheshire Police on 0845 458 000.
Posted By: nissangti Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 9:52pm
Just thought i would mention that every bargain booze ive been into have had plastic anti theft sheets around the shop which stop anybody from actualy touching anything in the premises, until passed thru the counter hole.

umm, would be nice to know why this particular store wasnt fitted with one?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 10:00pm
Bargain booze by me dont have one.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 10:00pm
The one oppersite my has is all open plan swift?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 10:01pm
Outside of certain areas, it amazes me how lax they are with security, same with some petrol stations. They know they are targets, pity the staff that get involved in this type of thing, the employers should be done for lacking duty of care.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 10:16pm
simple answere is shut all the booze shops down, it would save the NHS a fortune. {no I am not tea total}
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Ellesmere Port Bargain Booze robbery - 17th Jan 2010 11:14pm
And the banks...post offices...restaurants...pubs.,.cafes etc. Lets all sit and wait to be criminally violated!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral