Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wallasey man hopes for World Cup song hit - 13th Jan 2010 2:04pm

A FOOTBALL fan from Wallasey has written and recorded a song for this year’s World Cup.

Geoff Jackson, a pharmaceutical assistant, wrote the song on his home computer in November.

It was his first attempt and he now hopes someone will offer to make a professional recording of the song and turn it into a hit in time for the World Cup, which takes place in South Africa in June.

The 43-year-old father of three, who is now working on a Christmas song, has posted video performances of the song onto social network site YouTube.

He has also entered the song into an online competition on www.worldcupsong.com.

Proud of his work, he told the Globe: “The song is my lighthearted way of supporting the England team and getting Wirral behind them too. It’s a bit of fun and I really enjoyed creating it.

“I love music and am always messing about on the keyboard and had thought about writing a song for a while.

“Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive about recording a song, because I can’t sing. Anyone who listens to the track will agree that it shows.

“That’s why by getting it posted on YouTube, I’m hoping someone with a much better voice will pick it up and take enough interest in it to want to record it professionally and get it into the shops.

“It would be great to have someone like Robbie Williams singing it, for example, because he’s a massive football fan.”

Geoff, who also works as a doorman and a steward at Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield ground, has posted two videos of the song on YouTube.

The first video features Geoff singing and playing the keyboard. The other includes a few extras.

To watch the clips, log onto: www.worldcupsong.com and YouTube, key in Geoff’s account name, geejacks and the videos will appear.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey man hopes for World Cup song hit - 13th Jan 2010 2:09pm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral