Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 23rd Dec 2009 7:10pm
Wirral Council reschedules wheelie bin collections because of icy weather

WHEELIE bin collections on Wirral are being rescheduled due to the icy weather - causing yet more havoc for householders.

In a statement, the council said it had "been forced to reschedule some rubbish collections after icy conditions have made it difficult to operate collection vehicles".

The statement added: "The borough’s refuse and recycling collections have been significantly affected by the current adverse weather conditions, meaning that some rounds for both green and grey bins will not be completed on Wednesday, December 23 and Thursday, December 24.

"If any residents are scheduled for a collection on either of these days, but do not have their bin emptied by 6pm on Christmas Eve, they are advised to take their bin back onto their premises and put it back out for collection Sunday, December 27 by 7am in the morning.

"There are no collections planned for Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

"Collection crews will be working flat out to resume normal collections and clear any back-log resulting from recent weather conditions."

If you're a household who normally has a bin emptied on a Friday, your next collection will take place on Sunday, December 27.

Ensure that your bin is placed out on the kerb edge or communal collection point by 7am.

These Christmas working arrangements have been detailed in your latest Waste and Recycling Calendar.

As regards extra waste, Biffa will take any additional side bags placed beside the green bins arising from late collections.

Make sure all extra rubbish is secured to prevent litter from escaping and that no sharp objects are placed inside the bags.

Side waste can not be taken alongside grey recycling bins, says the council.

This is because all recycling must be delivered loose to the sorting facility at Bidston.

As most extra waste generated at Christmas is recyclable, such as cardboard packaging and wrapping paper, recyclers may wish to store extra recyclable rubbish somewhere dry if your grey bin is full.

You may then top up your grey bin on future collect days in the New Year.

Alternatively, glass bottles and jars, tins and paper can be taken to recycling facilities across the borough.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 23rd Dec 2009 8:20pm
Cheers Jase. I was womndering when my bin was being emptied.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 23rd Dec 2009 10:35pm
If I can do it on my scootay they can do it!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 23rd Dec 2009 11:46pm
Cant remember wot goes out when. Put them both out+ cross me fingers!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 23rd Dec 2009 11:53pm
Grey bins this week...good timing when throwing out the wrapping paper!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 24th Dec 2009 9:07am
Paul... I'm on green bin this week it's not the same across the borough
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 26th Dec 2009 6:15pm
RESIDENTS in Wirral whose bins were not emptied due to icy weather should put them out to be emptied tomorrow.

The borough’s rubbish and recycling collections were delayed on December 23 and Christmas Eve because binmen found it difficult to operate lorries in bad conditions.

If residents were scheduled for a collection on either day but did not have their green or grey bin emptied by 6pm on Christmas Eve they should put it back out for collection by 7am tomorrow.

There are no collections planned today.

Wirral council said collection crews will be working flat out to resume normal collections and clear any backlog resulting from recent conditions.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...n-dates-for-wirral-bins-100252-25469414/
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 26th Dec 2009 6:36pm
I overheard a binman who lives over the road it would be collected on Wednesday, and then on xmas eve. I'm not sure the management know their arse from their elbow, they don't seem to be able to organise a lorry to go round and empty bins.

Ice has never bothered them in the past, this is utterly pathetic and a true sign of the times.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 29th Dec 2009 3:47pm
My bin is STILL THERE!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 29th Dec 2009 3:51pm
Both bins been out since wed. Not a sniff of a bin man. Grr
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 29th Dec 2009 3:57pm
Our's were collected as scheduled on Sunday smile
Posted By: angelina Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 30th Dec 2009 10:07pm
Mine was sheduled for sun and not collected!!! Trouble was it was not collected the time before that either. I rang streetscene up tonight when I got in from work (after several abandoned tries on tues) only to be told it is guaranteed to be emptied tomoz!!! Ha.They blamed icey roads on other streets being a problem.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 30th Dec 2009 10:18pm
Don't think me mums got collected yet either, or my Aunties. Not entirely sure.

Don't have this problem myself, but have to move soon so most likely will lol!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 30th Dec 2009 11:13pm
Green one was emptied today. Grey one still there!
This year they've been really shitty over picking bins up, the road gritters have been a bit slack, I wonder what next?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 30th Dec 2009 11:32pm
Lets hope they turn up ere tomoz
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 31st Dec 2009 7:52pm
Our grey bin was collected on due date (Thursday) this week, green bin was collected on Monday just a couple of working days late.

Still laugh that the Green bin is not the Green bin if you know what I mean.
Posted By: angelina Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 31st Dec 2009 11:08pm
Bin still not emptied, despite a guarantee from barbara that answered the phone yesterday at streetscene that it would be!!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 1st Jan 2010 12:04pm
I wasnt sure which one they would collect earlier this week (Wednesday) - put both out, they emptied the green one as per schedule, but then came back 30 mins later and did the grey one that they had missed the previous week...

I recon they see how full they get over an extra week, ie, see if people have to bag rubbish - if there isnt much overflowing from the bins, maybe they plan to cut collections further think
Posted By: angelina Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 3rd Jan 2010 10:34pm
Its mon tomoz. Streetscence here i come.... again!!!!!! Still not emptied and it will be due this thurs anyway!!! Suppose the road will be too icey by then .He he !!!
Posted By: angelina Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 11:54am
Tues the bin wagon came and emptied the green one that should have been emptied on sat, but I missed the collection as I was out at work. Later in the day tues while I was out with the dog, the grey one (and any other bin in the st got emptied) So much for recycling! Why bother when garden bins ,green bins and grey bins were going in the same wagon.I phoned up and was told because i have missed the collection I now have to wait until jan 18thfor my next collection. That is over 4 weeks away from the time the green bin was last emptied.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 12:42pm
I'm not being nostalgic, but I remember snow never stopped these lazy arsed binmen in the past.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 12:44pm
Blame claim culture

My bin is still overfilled and in need of collected :@
Posted By: jimbob Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 2:49pm
It use to be easy for the bin wagon to get round the roads and streets in the snow, but that was before ALL THESE WORKING FROM HOME TYPES HAD CARS PARKED ALOND THE EDGES OF THE PAVEMENTS ALL DAY LONG
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 2:53pm
I saw next door put her bin out last night for collection today - no chance raftl
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 2:54pm
No Jimbob, your thinking back to when all us peasants and working classes weren't allowed to have cars.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 4:12pm
YOUR RIGHT BERT1. THEY WHERE THE HAPPY SRESS FREE DAYS OF PLENTY OF JOBS, 10PM CLOSING FOR THE PUBS AND THE KIDS COULD PLAY OUT TILL IT WENT DARK WITH NO FEAR FOR THE PARENTS THAT THEY WOULD COME TO ANY HARM {WHATS GONE WRONG}
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 4:29pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
YOUR RIGHT BERT1. THEY WHERE THE HAPPY SRESS FREE DAYS OF PLENTY OF JOBS, 10PM CLOSING FOR THE PUBS AND THE KIDS COULD PLAY OUT TILL IT WENT DARK WITH NO FEAR FOR THE PARENTS THAT THEY WOULD COME TO ANY HARM {WHATS GONE WRONG}

I think they call it progress!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 4:33pm
think Not sure some of the issues we see now are "progress" - maybe more social evolution....

Back to the bins - mine where due to be done today - anyone know when this will now happen?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 5:11pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
think Not sure some of the issues we see now are "progress" - maybe more social evolution....

Whichever it is, give me the good old days I think
wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 5:39pm
I'd rather the binmen leave our bins, the road and pavement is far to dangerous for residents to get the bins to the pavement side, also it would be to dangerous for the binmen to get the bins to the wagon, that's if the wagon can get down the road in the first place. I would worry if they attempted it, a few cars would lose there sides, best left till the weather picks up, providing they don't refuse to take bags that are not in the wheelie.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 5:45pm
and what about the bins being knocked over or becoming a rats paradise?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 5:52pm
If i was that worried i would take my rubbish to the tip myself, at this moment in time I'm more concerned for peoples safety, residents and binmen.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 5:56pm
But the collections are a big issue, otherwise we'll be living in a tip.

The country doesnt hault just because of extreme weather conditions, plenty of people have worked today and that includes HGV/Long distance driving aswell as walking the streets.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 6th Jan 2010 6:22pm
Our bins are due tomorrow, i am certain they won't come, however even if they did it is unlikely they would even get down our road, even if they did, the residents are unable to get the bins from around the back, along the alley to the road, i was out in the alley earlier and its like an ice skating rink, its almost impossible to walk on let alone drag a heavy bin along, On saying that i still wouldn't want a binman to put himself at risk for the sake of a few days. They will soon catch up on collections when its safe to do so.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 7th Jan 2010 9:41pm
Bin collections suspended

05 Jan 2010

Wirral Council's bin collections will be suspended until at least Monday January 11th as the current icy conditions make it unsafe to operate collection vehicles.

A spokesperson for Wirral Council said:

"The latest weather forecast has indicated that extreme sub-zero temperatures are to continue into next week. Therefore, all waste and recycling bin collections are suspended until at least Monday 11th January, when a further assessment will be made as to the condition of the roads. All residents that were scheduled to have their green or grey bin collected between Tuesday 5th January and Friday 8th January are advised to return their bins to their property if it is safe to do so. There will be no collections over the weekend, as conditions are still predicted to be too dangerous.

"We appreciate that residents may have a back log of waste from the Christmas period and urge residents to be patient through this challenging time. The Council website will be updated with further information on Monday afternoon (11th January).

"Should collections resume next week, It is anticipated that additional crews will be needed to help keep collections to schedule. Therefore the Council is suspending all garden waste collections until at least Monday 25th January."

Wirral is not alone in suspended services; Liverpool, Knowsley and Halton Councils have also stopped services until Monday.

The Council will post a further update to the bin situation on their website, www.wirral.gov.uk on Monday.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/News/news_0001226.html

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 7th Jan 2010 10:03pm
Ive decided its unsafe to bring bin 'back on to property'. It can stay on the kerb with its evergrowing family of blåck bags!
Posted By: insanekitty Wheelie rubbish council - 9th Jan 2010 11:13am
If I took some of my own rubbish to the tip because the lazy binmen cant be arsed emptying them would I be right in sending a bill to cover my costs to the council?
They send us bills for the year before any work is done and expect payment and within this bill they say they will empty our bins etc.
So i think maybe £5.00 for fuel and £20.00 for my time should suffice. Head of Finance be expecting my bill in the post Thanks!
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 11:14am
Or maybe I should be like the binmen and do it on a Sunday and charge double or the reported 5 times pay!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 12:35pm
we woouldn't we would fall to shit!
Posted By: kimpri Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 2:13pm
Originally Posted by insanekitty
Or maybe I should be like the binmen and do it on a Sunday and charge double or the reported 5 times pay!
My brother has been driving bin wagons for 20 years or more,
people cant stop them self slipping over on the ice,
Its very hard to control a 20 ton vehicle sliding on ice?
As for the 5 times pay, If it was 20 times the pay,
I still wouldn't drive MY wagon As all LIFE means more to me Not my pay slip.

Its all down to health and safety
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 2:28pm
I do think it is a bit unfair to have a 'pop' at them.
I bet most of us on here have stayed home more than usual this week. I know I have only gone out when I have to and am lucky enough to be able to work from home if I need to.
They're in a no win situation - if they don't work they're a load of lazy gits and if they do work and end up smashing into someone's car / house / child then they'd be in the wrong then as well.
I wouldn't want to walk or drive on some of the roads round here right now.

Oh.......... and well done to the postie who seems to have made it through every day.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 2:54pm
Yeah big up to our postie and our milkman. Deliveries without fail - heroes!
Posted By: jimbob Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 4:08pm
To all them who are pulling the bin men to pieces. Go out side and drag a full wheelie bin accross the pavement and out into the middle of the road at least ten times in the next half hour and dodge the cars that are driving pass you as you do so. {have a nice day}
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 9th Jan 2010 4:17pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
To all them who are pulling the bin men to pieces. Go out side and drag a full wheelie bin accross the pavement and out into the middle of the road at least ten times in the next half hour and dodge the cars that are driving pass you as you do so. {have a nice day}
withthat
Posted By: Katryn Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 10:20am
Is there any bin collections in Birkenhead today please?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 10:25am
They are going to look at the situation today and make a decision.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 10:53am
Clicky
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 10:54am
...good, at least they are willing to take bin bags placed next to the bins smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 11:10am
I've just BIN out and i still wouldn't expect a binman to do his job on our road and pavements, still very dangerous.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 3:59pm
SNOW: 'Gradual' return to Wirral bin collections

BIN collection services have partially resumed in Wirral today after being suspended due to last week's big freeze.
Biffa are currently collecting this Monday’s scheduled work along all gritted routes – but road and pavement conditions are still too icy to safely service untreated roads.

Biffa will attempt to collect all bins placed out on main roads that have been gritted and residents living along those routes are advised to place the colour bin that is due for collection this week out on their usual collection day.

Biffa will not be able to catch up on last week’s missed collections and residents are now being asked to wait until their next scheduled collection day for the colour of bin that was missed.

Garden waste collections will be suspended until January 25 to allow the crews to provide additional support for refuse and recycling collections.

When the normal scheduled collections are able to resume, Biffa will collect any bags that are left by the side of full green bins.

Recycling cannot be collected in extra bags as they cannot be separated at the sorting facility in Bidston.

If your grey recycling bin is now full, the council is encouraging residents to store recycling for future collections.

Alternatively, Wirral's three Household Waste Recycling Centres at Bidston, Clatterbridge and West Kirby are open seven days a week.

Special skips have been provided to take all recycling that would normally go in your grey bin, even if it is mixed together.

The council is asking that any residents wanting to make use of that facility empty their recycling into the skips and take away their bags, or use the litter bins provided to dispose of them.

Full collections will resume once the road and pavement conditions improve.

- see related links below - will be updated daily to inform residents when this is likely to be.
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 4:22pm
Here I am moaning again sorry, but why not play some catch up instead of just leaving the ones they missed last week, surely better to delay normal collections until the backlog is cleared. We have now missed 2 collections over the xmas/NY period and to be honest with a family of 6 thats a lot of rubbish.

And not everyone can get to the tip!

And we live on a main gritted road
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 4:34pm
Last week they said that they would need to catch up some how. The only way they can do that is by asking the teams to work overtime which they will not do for nothing - double, treble time? Maybe they just won't do it at all?
At a time when the council are being asked to cuts costs left, right and centre maybe they just don't have the money to pay these extra costs.
I'm not defending Wirral council, I don't like the situation any more than anyone else but I'm just trying to see it from all sides.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 4:44pm
I totally understand, and also with pavements being slippy it is going to take them longer, but it would just be nice to try and catch up rather than leave people now with 2 missed collections only having their bins emptied once a month basically for 2 months. Its bad enough fortnightly.

I just thought at the end of the day, that they could do what other councils in the region are offering, drag your bins to street corners or something to make it easier, i would be happy to take mine and a few others if they cant, then it might be easier. I just want them emptying.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 5:02pm
It's a pain. Trouble is where would the temp sites be???? So many morons would see that as an invite to dump anything there.
As bad as it is we just have to grin and bear it.
On the plus side at least there isn't a heat wave to make it all smell wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 5:08pm
The overtime is up to the contractor. It shouldn't cost the council a penny more because that is the whole point of contracting out, it gives a definite price to the council and it is up to the contractor to take the financial risks.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 11th Jan 2010 5:11pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
The overtime is up to the contractor. It shouldn't cost the council a penny more because that is the whole point of contracting out, it gives a definite price to the council and it is up to the contractor to take the financial risks.

So I'm guessing it's them that won't/ can't pay the guys overtime????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 12th Jan 2010 4:57pm
Wirral wheelie bin collection update

ATTEMPTS were made yesterday to collect all Monday's grey and green bins placed out for collection along gritted routes.

Gradual thawing means that Biffa are able to access more streets.

Today they are visiting all gritted routes in areas due for a Tuesday collection.

Again, both grey and green bins will both be collected in separate vehicles.

Biffa will also attempt to collect from some ungritted roads where ice has thawed, if it safe to do so.

Spare crews have been sent to other areas today along gritted routes, including Wallasey and New Brighton to collect any bins that are presented on accessible roads.

This is to relieve the back log situation that is expected to increase towards the end of the week.

Do not worry if you did not have your bin out today as they will revisit the Wallasey and New Brighton area on the normal scheduled day.

Due to the uncertainty of when your collection will take place, the council is advising all residents to put out both grey and green bins that have not yet been emptied.

Biffa are operating under the following priorities so we will attempt to collect your bins in the following order:

1. Bins scheduled for collection this week will be priority one and collected on the scheduled day of collection wherever possible. All roads will be revisited at a later date if they are inaccessible on your normal scheduled day. Please leave your bin out until it is collected.

2. Green bins missed last week due to bad weather will be priority two and collected on the same day as the grey bin wherever possible.

3. Grey bins missed last week due to the weather will be priority three. It is unlikely that many grey bins from last week will be collected. However, If your road is currently accessible, resources will be directed here if available. The council is encouraging residents to store excess recycling in a dry place until your next scheduled grey bin day. Alternatively, Wirral's three Household Waste Recycling Centres can receive your grey bin recycling all mixed together, providing you remove all plastic bags.

4. Brown bin collections are suspended until at least January 25.

Street Cleansing crews are also being diverted to help with residual waste collections.

All residents who reported a missed collection before the bad weather hit last week will have additional refuse bags taken by these crews whilst they are awaiting their normal collection.

The council will also attempt to access some 350 households known to produce additional waste due to medical needs in order to remove excess waste.

The bulk bin round servicing multi-occupancy dwellings will be operational from tomorrow today and will work through the weekend to remove the back log waste from all sites we can safely access.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 15th Jan 2010 5:10pm

UPDATE:

WIRRAL Council has issued the following advice on bins:

Due to the uncertainty of when your collection will take place, we are advising all residents to leave out both grey and green bins that have not yet been emptied.

Biffa are operating under the following priorities so we will attempt to collect your bins in the following order:

1. Bins scheduled for collection this week will be priority one and collected on the scheduled day of collection wherever possible. All roads will be revisited at a later date if they are inaccessible on your normal scheduled day.

Please leave your bin out until it is collected.

2. Green bins missed last week due to bad weather will be priority two and collected on the same day as the grey bin wherever possible.

3. Grey bins missed last week due to the weather will be priority three. It is unlikely that many grey bins from last week will be collected. However, If your road is currently accessible, resources will be directed here if available. We encourage residents to store excess recycling in a dry place until your next scheduled grey bin day. Alternatively, Wirral's three Household Waste Recycling Centres can receive your grey bin recycling all mixed together, providing you remove all plastic bags.

4. Brown bin collections are suspended until at least January 25.

Street Cleansing crews are also being diverted to help with residual waste collections.

All residents who reported a missed collection before the bad weather hit us last week will have additional refuse bags taken by these crews whilst they are awaiting their normal collection.

We will also attempt to access some 350 households known to produce additional waste due to medical needs in order to remove excess waste.

The bulk bin round servicing multi-occupancy dwellings is operational and will work to remove the back log waste from all sites we can safely access.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 15th Jan 2010 5:43pm
I would have thought those bins not done last week would be priority one! Our streets black bag city now-we in a cul de sac on a hill, hence why ours havent been done for ages.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 15th Jan 2010 8:22pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
It's a pain. Trouble is where would the temp sites be???? So many morons would see that as an invite to dump anything there.
As bad as it is we just have to grin and bear it.
On the plus side at least there isn't a heat wave to make it all smell wink
The binmen went on strike mid 70s (I think) Was in the summer, very warm summers in them days, Strike lasted about six weeks Tons of stuff dumped on temp sites 100s of Rats running round? smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 15th Jan 2010 9:33pm
The road I live on is full of overflowing green/grey bins and black bin bags. Be sure to write to your MP and complain, this is inexcusable.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 15th Jan 2010 9:35pm
omg
Posted By: AR_One Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 12:28am
Everyone's got 2 bins out (some nutters all three) and piles of bags - no snow or ice on our road and scheduled collection and guess what no collection.....

This is going to get stinky!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 1:08am
we had our Grey ones emptied on Monday and our Green ones Today
(Friday)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 1:13am
Originally Posted by Violet
The road I live on is full of overflowing green/grey bins and black bin bags. Be sure to write to your MP and complain, this is inexcusable.

I would bloody complain but if I get a reply from the MP where do I put the envelope as my grey bin is full??
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 2:06am
would be good to get our bin emptyed some time soon been 4 weeks now this is the 5th week and nooooooooooooooooooooo
Posted By: Tatey Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 9:38am
Looks like a second trip to the tip is due as ours have not been emptied yet (Saturday)even though a council email said they would collect on Friday
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 11:22pm
Did anyone see any bin lorries today(Saturday)?

Thought it would be major catch-up time but nothing doing.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 16th Jan 2010 11:49pm
No! Nothing. Just took anuva 2 bags out.
Just wish i could disguise the couches, on the side of the drive, that 'lower the tone' (even furthur)!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 17th Jan 2010 10:20am
The bin men have just been by mine, doing green bins from the looks of things - and moving extremely fast I must say!!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 17th Jan 2010 10:41am
bin men havent been our way for roughly a monthy, we have about a dozen bags and 4 bins full! hopefully they come today smile
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 17th Jan 2010 11:23am
They cleared my bins Thursday (grey and green - both went in the same waggon) and they were in the adjoining side road at 9am this morning.

Snod
Posted By: karenjon Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 8:58am
still waiting should have been collected fri
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 9:09am
Still waiting - we ended up going to the tip yesterday to get rid of a load.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 10:13am
They came yesterday-took all the bags but didnt empty the bins.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 10:38am
No grey bins collected around breck road area frown even though we left both out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 10:39am
Still waiting snob Takes the piss.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 12:39pm
Originally Posted by _jase_
Still waiting snob Takes the piss.

us 2 sill waiting there,s bin's every were ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 12:48pm
They done the road at the back of me on friday, omg but no sign of them in are road?? snob
Posted By: SUExx Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 3:43pm
WELL MY BIN DAY IS A TUESDAY SO LETS SEE IF THEY TURN UP TOMORROW, THAT IS UNLESS IT SNOWS, HAILS, RAINS , BE WINDY OR ITS SUNNY THEN I CANT SEE THEM COMMING
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 3:44pm
Originally Posted by susan
WELL MY BIN DAY IS A TUESDAY SO LETS SEE IF THEY TURN UP TOMORROW, THAT IS UNLESS IT SNOWS, HAILS, RAINS , BE WINDY OR ITS SUNNY THEN I CANT SEE THEM COMMING

If you talk to them the way you leave your caps lock on I doubt they want to go near you!!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 3:44pm
Stop shouting Susan raftl
Posted By: philmch Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 4:42pm
Green and grey bins are still out in Prenton. Anyone know which areas have had collections in the last week ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 4:45pm
I have wandered around Prenton/Oxton area today and still haven't seen a bin lorry - guess they have stopped trying to catch up and just doing their regular rounds again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 18th Jan 2010 4:53pm
BIN COLLECTIONS UPDATE: We're only halfway through the backlog, admits Wirral council

WIRRAL Council has admitted missing its self-imposed deadline to clear all the wheelie bins backlog by today. The local authority now says it could be a week today before all green waste is cleared.

Today, only scheduled collections were taking place - although some crews were making return journeys to help tackle the growing household waste problem. In a statement issued a few minutes ago, the council said: "Wirral Council and its contractors Biffa are continuing to work hard in an attempt to tackle the backlog of bin collections that has built up as a result of the disruption due to the recent poor weather. "Once again over the weekend, there were 20 teams of staff out on the streets collecting green (non-recyclable) waste bins.

"We estimate that around half of the backlog of green bins from last week has now been collected. "Today, and for the rest of the week, the priority will be for crews to carry out their regular rounds, collecting green and grey bins that are scheduled to be collected this week in line with the waste collection calendars. "Once crews complete their scheduled days work, many are returning to areas still outstanding from last week to empty green bins. "In our catch up arrangements, we aim to collect green bins missed from last Friday first and then move to Thursday's outstanding green bins and so on until all green bins have been emptied. "Therefore residents are advised to leave their green bins out until we get to you.

"Crews will also be out this coming weekend to ensure we catch up on all outstanding green bins by Monday. "All bagged waste placed by the side of your green bins will be taken. "In some areas, cage crews have also been sent to collect black bags in order to help relieve the situation until a Refuse Collection Vehicle can be freed up to visit those streets. "Unfortunately, we do not have enough resources to catch up on any recycling back log and urge residents to store extra recyclables in a dry place until their bin has been emptied and make use of bring sites where possible. "We have also arranged for skips to be placed at our three Household Waste Recycling Centres in which residents can deposit mixed grey bin recycling.

"We understand that, for some residents, it may now be close to four weeks since one of their bins has been emptied. "We are extremely grateful for the patience and understanding shown by residents as we work through these current issues and would like to reassure them that we are getting there and hope to return to a normal collection schedule, possibly as early as next week."

THE GLOBE
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 10:38am
A van has just been down our road - collecting bags only though frown

Bin day is tomorrow...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 10:50am
I had a feeling they'd do that...
Posted By: SUExx Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 12:26pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by susan

If you talk to them the way you leave your caps lock on I doubt they want to go near you!!!
Originally Posted by Snooze
Stop shouting Susan raftl

It worked they have been emptied
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 12:29pm
omg raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 2:26pm
They just been to New Brighton (Mount Road / Kirkway / Mount Pleasant area) and emptied...just the green bins.

Its a start!
Posted By: raymondo Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 19th Jan 2010 6:46pm
i live on the beechwood and there are black bags everywhere! what a bloody mess!
Posted By: philmch Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 20th Jan 2010 1:57pm
Just had our green bins done (Prenton), Wed 20th approx 1.50pm.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 20th Jan 2010 2:35pm
Söme parts of tranmere are a disgrace. The foxes have had a picnic! Food packaging-even a turkey carcass -all over the roads.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 20th Jan 2010 3:01pm
I put my bins out (grey and green - you never know
[Linked Image] ) as I left the house this morning - will find out when I get home if they have been done - today is our regular bin day...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 20th Jan 2010 3:47pm
I've seen TWO bin lorries going down small side street NOT collecting any bins?????
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 12:04pm
HOORAY Green bin lorry been round at last!!!

Haven't had a collection since before Xmas it's a total disgrace!

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 12:44pm
Yessss, our green was collected as well, road looks so different without the green army lining it!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 2:56pm
Our area done, looks like they are catching up now.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 3:20pm
Grey got done yesterday as per the usual day, and they have just been and done the green now bananadance
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 4:42pm
We had both emptied today, at last. Now the grey bin is already half full with the stuff we had in bags in the dining room. That doesn't count all the stuff that ended up in ASDAs recycle bins. We recycle more than we chuck out, the green bin still had it's lid fully down by the time the bin men arrived. At least we can walk down the street again now without falling into steaming piles of rotting binbags!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 7:12pm
Nothing has been emptied this year, though I suspect they did a stealth collection as some green bins disappeared, while some where left out. Maybe people got sick of seeing them and brough them back in, or got sick of the local feral urchins pushing them all over scattering rubbish in the road. frown Can't believe they can't sort collections out two weeks after the snow.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 7:43pm
the kids have just knocked our bins onto the pavement ,just spent half hour cleaning it up not pleasant,. will be glad when they finally empty them
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 8:58pm
To be honest, although we only had our green one done today, they were round last Thursday doing the Grey ones and I heard the 'bottle' truck but they didn't do ours.

I rang streetscene and according to their records they had done ours, so he said sorry and got the truck out first thing Friday morning and they did the grey ones.

So dont be scared to ring them and let them know
Posted By: kimpri Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 21st Jan 2010 9:56pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
the kids have just knocked our bins onto the pavement ,just spent half hour cleaning it up not pleasant,. will be glad when they finally empty them
They should empty your tomorrow? Green ones, smile
Posted By: kezzbag Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 22nd Jan 2010 12:58am
I am in a family of 5 and no green bins emptied for over 4 weeks. Thank goodness for the cold! I didn`t think I`d ever say that coz I complained when the ice was here but at least it kept any food waste smell minimal. Am sick of cats scratchin at bags etc. Loads of waste has fell back into garden after animals have had their share of sniffin about.
Posted By: karenjon Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 22nd Jan 2010 4:20pm
another week on still waiting
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 22nd Jan 2010 4:41pm
Our bins have all been emptied.......just waiting for the brown one to go now. Anyone know when these are meant to go? Mount Road area
Posted By: history Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 22nd Jan 2010 4:58pm
green bin emptied, waiting for the grey bin to be emptied before all the school kids do it. or the people walking home very late at night.
Posted By: karenjon Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 26th Jan 2010 8:51am
green bin collected fri still waiting for grey one think it will be this fri
Posted By: AR_One Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 26th Jan 2010 11:25pm
Not quite sure what the council are playing at now - just had our Grey bin that was missed on the 15th emptied today - I'm assuming that they're going to come back again when it supposed to be emptied on Friday.....
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 26th Jan 2010 11:28pm
^ Nope.
Posted By: daveybm Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 27th Jan 2010 10:16am
Still waiting for our green bins to be emptied, last done on 2 Jan, last due on 15 Jan, probably won't come until Fri 29 Jan,
All I can say is it's RUBBISH.

Dave
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 27th Jan 2010 10:49am
my grey bin was emptied just now in tranmere
Posted By: philmch Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 27th Jan 2010 1:49pm
We've just had our grey ones done in Prenton too. Buggers left a right mess behind them though.
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Wheelie bin collections - UPDATE - 27th Jan 2010 2:06pm

Just to let you all know, the BROWN bins in the Hose Side area of Wallasey will be emptied on Friday 5th Feb.......yay! smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral