Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Train - 21st Dec 2009 10:40am
Man wanted in connection with assault on Wirral train

BRITISH Transport Police have released this photograph of a man wanted in connection with the alleged robbery and assault of two 13-year-old girls on board a Wirral train.

The incident happened on Saturday, November 28 on board a train between Wallasey Grove Road and New Brighton.

A British Transport Police spokesman said the two girls were on board the train and were chatting loudly to each other and to others on a mobile phone.

A passenger asked them to keep the noise down and shortly afterwards a man wrestled the phone from one of the girls and threw it out of the train window.

The girls left the train at New Brighton and it is alleged that one was assaulted by the man some time later outside the station.

Detective Constable Dominic Wilcox, of BTP, said: "We need to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV images as we believe he has vital information in relation to this case.

"The girls admit they were being noisy, but the reaction of the offender in grabbing the phone and throwing it from the train was outrageous.

"His later assault of one of the girls was disgraceful and we are following up all possible leads in a bid to trace him and bring him to justice.

"Violence and intimidation has no place on the rail network and BTP is working closely with Merseyrail and Network Rail to make the environment as safe as possible.

"We will continue this work, but occasionally we need help from the public to put offenders before the courts."

If you have any information about the incident – or recognise the man – please contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Train - 21st Dec 2009 12:34pm
He looks a right grumpy sod! In one respect it is annoying when teenagers are rowdy and giving you lip but at the end of the day there's no need for the heavy handed approach. Kids are kids. We all give back chat and were noisy when we were sproggs.
So those cameras actually do work on the trains.
Unfortunately for him they do. That is the image of a coward who attacks 13 year old girls, if the police don't get to him first I'm sure there will be a lot of people willing to have a go bringing him in. Good luck to em with that.
He will be busted soon?
0r in hospital if the girls dad gets him first, hammer grin
Originally Posted by kimpri1
He will be busted soon?
0r in hospital if the girls dad gets him first, hammer grin
withthat
5-1 bet, he is currently growing a beard.

And has bought a new coat.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 21st Dec 2009 4:19pm
If he has an ounce of decency he'll hand himself in and get it over and done with.
think they got him (wirral globe)
Ooh jolly good. Can we have a linky plz?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 21st Dec 2009 5:29pm
Wirral man arrested in connection with assault on train

A 48-YEAR-OLD man from New Brighton has been arrested in connection with an alleged robbery and assault on board a train.

The allegation relates to an incident in which two 13-year-ol girls were targeted on-board a train between Wallasey Grove Road and New Brighton on 28 November.

British Transport Police had released details of the offence, together with an image of a man they wanted to speak to about the incident.

At around 8.30am today a man from New Brighton reported to British Transport Police and was subsequently arrested. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries.

THE GLOBE
At least he had the decency to surrender then.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 21st Dec 2009 6:38pm
apparently it was said
(by someone also on the train at the time) that these 2 girls were very abusive to several passengers on the train when they were asked to cool the language and shouting down, they replied with a torrent of swear words by the two young errmm 'ladies'
Originally Posted by Tilly
apparently it was said
(by someone also on the train at the time) that these 2 girls were very abusive to several passengers on the train when they were asked to cool the language and shouting down, they replied with a torrent of swear words by the two young errmm 'ladies'

That sounds feasible and quite likely.
If they were abusive to the guy? As you do get it from some kids, He should of reported them to rail police had passengers to back him up?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 22nd Dec 2009 12:29am
yeah! he should of reported them.
there's many a time I've wanted to throw a phone off a moving bus/train with the schoolkid holding it whistle he shouldn't of done what he did, tbh
Posted By: Token Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 22nd Dec 2009 5:48am
well done on him for throwing the phone out the train, I have to admit I feel some doubt to his 'assault' on the girl later on though, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the girls smacked each other around a bit and decided to blame it on him...

Its a shame that their parents (most definitely) haven't ever laid a hand on them, a bit of discipline might have taught them some respect for their elders.
It's a tricky one, with it being two young girls, it's obviously going to be looked at differently, but im guess most people agree that some of the young lads who go around giving lip to everyone and causing trouble, could do with a good smack or three.

Should have just told the train guard at the next station and had them removed from the train and station.

It's always the way though, they think their all-hard until someone actually has the balls to speak up to them, and they cry to anyone who will listen.
On the Wirral Line a couple of years ago and got charged at by 3 lads acting the goat. I think I was supposed to end up on my arse as they barged off the train but I dropped my shoulder and he ended up on his arse instead, a bit of a Mexican standoff when he got up and then he got off with his mates before the doors shut and they were throwing peanuts at me through the window. I got funny looks from some passengers so you can't always rely on them. What was I supposed to do, let the youngsters flatten me?
Sounds like good old Miseryrail, it's not as bad as it used to be but trains are still full of loose cannons.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wanted in Connection with Assault on Wirral Tr - 22nd Dec 2009 2:49pm
i punched some lad in a scream mask when him and a couple his
idiot mates jumped in front of me from behind one of them posts at New Brighton station. i told the police it was just a reflex raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral