Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 27th Nov 2009 5:48pm
Incident in seacombe now on b-head road cops everywere, i got told someone been stabed dont know how true, anyone know anymore.

Am going out rite now .brb
Nearly there
Naybor did cpr on him. Too late. I think, not sure the body still there. L6g knife+ a little one still there. Be innap to take pix. he was in his 30s-several people ere saw him today, latest an hr ago
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 27th Nov 2009 6:03pm
no names please rudebox thanks. happy
Naybor was riding home on his bike and saw him slumped. He dun cpr for bout ten mins. Cops tk him down the station to be interviewed just now. Will give him a knock later.
Oky doky
The tents up now+ the rd still blocked off.
It's ever so sad, i just live by the pub on birkenhead road, loadsa commotion. Poor chap.
Not far fröm me nikki. Im in the new houses nearer the roundabout
yeh, I know it is still cordened* off. Dont know bout your side still. Theres only one copper standing by the tape this side now, he/she must be freezin.
Other end-bottom of new street, there was just a community officer inside the cordon. Few coppers outside the cordon. Am gna give the cpr naybor a knock later. His bike was within the cordon and the community officer had to ask for clearance for his mrs to take the bike home.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 27th Nov 2009 8:01pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
The tents up now

Billy Smart Circus visiting? Bad time for that considering there's been a stabbing. Me ol' mate lives on Corbyn Street and said there's been a stabbing. He's probably sitting on his doorstep with pop corn havin' a right nose.

Considering the "reputation" Seacombe is suppose to have this in fact very rare as most of the numbties live in Poulton.
I know. Whatever the reason this happened, my thoughts are with the family. There is still police presence. I am listening out for it on the news but tiger woods is on there at the moment coz of his crash. So I am waiting for the ITV local news to come on.
Wots the definition of a numptie?
My personal opinion ''numpties are prevelant everywhere regardless of presumption/ bias/ stereotypical opinon/ geographical placement etc
Me mum just rang-she came to 'beruit'- to drop birthday stuff off för the lad-there are 3 coppers in briardale road, bangin fook out the door??
wheres that?
Took the lad down there-cops all over us-wot do ya want? I could only be honest and say am a 'gory wiki reporter'. As i walked home i saw the naybor doing one on his bike up to bargain booze. So, i knokt anyway+ spoke to the mrs-he has had his clothes tuk away. He came bk and was shaken+ so i referred him to a reputable counselling agency-he wont get me coz i know him but 'we' got brill counsellorß!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 27th Nov 2009 10:59pm
Wallasey man arrested after man stabbed to death in Birkenhead street fight
Nov 27 2009 By Samantha Parker
Add a commentRecommend
Merseyside police 320
A MAN was stabbed to death following a street fight in Birkenhead.

Merseyside Police have launched a murder investigation after the 38–year–old was killed on Birkenhead Road at 5pm yesterday.

A 45-year-old man from Wallasey has been arrested on suspicion of murder and the police are keen for any witnesses to the attack to come forward.

It is believed that the victim, who is a local man, had been in a house on Birkenhead Road

with people who he knew when a fight broke out.

The fight spilled out on to the street and it is believed that it was at this time the victim was stabbed.

An ambulance was called and the victim was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where he later died.

Crime Scene Investigators are carrying out forensic examinations at the scene and house-to-house inquiries are underway.

CCTV is being examined totry and establish what has happened and high visibility patrols have been stepped up in the area to reassure the local community.

A Home Office post mortem will take place tomorrow to establish the cause of death.

Officers are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or who has any information which could help them with their inquiries, to contact Wirral CID on 0151 777 2264, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

THE DAILY POST
Shocking news, being down the road. Its weird to think about my day+ wot i was doing/thinkin/feeling/planning etc and jus down the rd sumones dad/ son/ brother/ uncle etc has bin snuffed out.
i work in east street and been watching the goings on as i am in and out of east steet in the van and noticed what must be one of the residents with a dog loose within the crime scene seems very odd giving the situation
U the lass wiv the dogs in the van? Am the loon wiv the labs-one dark, one lite
Shocking news, being down the road. Its weird to think about my day+ wot i was doing/thinkin/feeling/planning etc and jus down the rd sumones dad/ son/ brother/ uncle etc has bin snuffed out.
i'd bin to 'elmeeß' to buy my sons birthday cards. Iz bdy 2möz- got home to fookin chaos!! Jase -ow!d u find out?
i know both the lads involved an just cant belive it. u neva know wa round the corner ,
Both the lads? Wot u meax?
Welcome to wiki x
welcome to wiki, my thoughts are with his family x
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 28th Nov 2009 11:56am
Jase -ow!d u find out?

on me way back from b-head, got told to turn round and move on by the cops. so i rang me Cousin who lives by the ferry and she told me the rest.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 28th Nov 2009 11:59am
Both the lads? Wot u meax?

i take it he means the guy thats been arrested to.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 28th Nov 2009 12:01pm
Originally Posted by devils
i know both the lads involved an just cant belive it. u neva know wa round the corner ,

Welcome to Wiki, Thoughts are with his Family & Friends .
Thanks summer.
Does anyone know whether the fellas been charged, yet?
This is terrible, h punishment for knife crime. There is no need or reason to walk out of your house unless you either work with one or are off fishing etc etc.
It's just been on the news that the guy is due in court tomorrow.
He's been charged and will appear at the Mag's tomorrow Rude.
Good news J, hope they throw the book at him the coward.
I agree with you Andy
this will be the first and last though, most of my ideas are complete pig swill!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 29th Nov 2009 6:42pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Good news J, hope they throw the book at him the coward.

withthat
Agreed. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 29th Nov 2009 9:32pm

Wallasey man charged with murder after alleged knife attack

A MAN has been charged with murder after a 38-year-old man was stabbed to death outside a house in Wallasey.

Police were called to Birkenhead Road in Seacombe on Friday evening where they found the victim, John Boyd, with stab wounds. He died later in hospital.

Martin Peters, 45, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, is due to appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court on Monday.

Forensic examinations have been carried out at the scene and police have viewed CCTV footage from the area.

THE GLOBE
Me mum just rang-she came to 'beruit'- to drop birthday stuff off för the lad-there are 3 coppers in briardale road, bangin fook out the door??
so the mother in law was right then. Dousent miss a trick that one! Lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 30th Nov 2009 1:18pm

Man due in court charged with Seacombe murder of John Boyd

TRIBUTES were paid today to a dad-of-two stabbed to death on a Merseyside street.
[Linked Image]
More than 20 floral tributes were left outside 38-year-old John Boyd’s home in Birkenhead Road, Seacombe, close to where he was killed on Friday evening.
Messages were left on a Facebook page set up by his grieving family.

Martin Peters, 45, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, was charged with Mr Boyd’s murder.

He was due to appear at Wirral magistrates court today.

John, the second eldest of five, leaves behind two sisters Julie and Jennifer, two brothers Joseph and Kevin as well as a loving mother and father Joyce and John.

On the Facebook page set up in his memory his mother, said: “Our beautiful son did not deserve this.

“A piece of us has died with him. I wish I could hug you just one more time.

“Until we meet again John rest in peace. Love Mum and Dad.”

Friends said Mr Boyd was born in Liverpool but lived in Wallasey most of his life.

On a floral tribute outside his home his sister Julie left a message which read: “I miss you so much. Don’t you worry now baby it’s all ok.

“Everyone is devastated beyond belief but you sleep peacefully my lovely kind bro.”

Another referred to Uncle Boydy and said: “Missing you lots. Thanks for everything you have done for me.”

Mr Boyd was described by family and friends as “kind” and a “one in a million”.
[Linked Image]
Another friend said he was “one of the nicest people” she knew.

A Facebook message, from Sue Trevitt, said: “Such a lovely person to be taken away from family and friends so early in life.

“Loads of memories of him, from the early days playing with my kids laughing and joking never a dull moment when John was in the room.”

Another from Kerry Smith said: “Gonna miss your fab smile and your wave when you pass my window. You will be greatly missed sweetheart. Have lovely dreams, sleep well John.”

It is believed Mr Boyd died after a fight broke out in a house in Birkenhead Road which spilled out on to the street.

It happened at around 5pm, close to the small terraced house where John lived, a few doors away from the corner of Corbyn Street and opposite the waste water treatment works.

Mr Boyd was taken to Arrowe Park hospital where he later died.

Forensic examinations were carried out at the scene. CCTV footage was also being scoured for clues.

Anyone with information is asked to call Wirral CID on 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

THE ECHO
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 30th Nov 2009 1:47pm

Man appears in court charged with murder of Seacombe man John Boyd

A 45-year-old man made a brief appearance at Wirral Magistrates Court today following a stabbing death at Seacombe on Friday afternoon.

Martin Peters, of Briardale Road, Seacombe, was charged with the murder of 38-year-old father of two John Boyd at Birkenhead Road, Seacombe.

Peters spoke only to confirm his identity.

His solicitor John Weate did not apply for bail.

District Judge Nick Saunders transferred the case to the Crown Court.

Peters was remanded in custody to appear before a judge at the higher court on December 17.

Reporting restrictions were not lifted.

The public gallery was packed for the two minute hearing hearing.

THE GLOBE
Summer can you empty your inbox please
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 30th Nov 2009 3:22pm
summer you should read & think before you post.

and your over your pm limit..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 1st Dec 2009 1:09pm

Mum speaks of her grief after stabbing of her son John Boyd in Seacombe, Wirral

[Linked Image]
A HEARTBROKEN mum has spoken of her grief after she had to identify the body of her son, who was stabbed to death near his own doorstep.
John Boyd, 38, died on Friday after the attack in Birkenhead Road, Seacombe.
The dad-of-two leaves behind a son, Sean, 12, and his nine-year-old daughter Terri-Ann.

The former student at St Mary’s college, Wallasey, was sitting with a female friend before the tragedy on Friday night.

Mr Boyd’s mum, Joyce said: “John was so popular, he was bubbly and everyone liked him.

“If there was an argument he was always the one to try and calm things down, he was never someone who looked for trouble.

“He was devoted to his kids and family, we had recently had a new picture of him taken for his gran’s 80th birthday, we were going to visit her and he was so looking forward to it.

“Now we’ve told her what’s happened and she’s devastated.”

The second oldest of five, John also leaves behind two sisters Julie and Jennifer, two brothers Joseph and Kevin and his mum and dad Joyce and John.

Born in Liverpool, he was an altar boy in St Teresa’s church, Norris Green, before his family moved to Wirral.

Joyce added: “He was a great gymnast as a young boy, he was a natural athlete and had all his grades and was also a brilliant artist.

“The most awful thing is I had to identify him and he’s behind glass, I couldn’t touch him or hold him because of another post mortem.

“Until that is done we can’t have the body or make any preparations for his funeral. It feels like he’s been taken away from us in one way, but we can’t even bring him home.

“I know the police have to do their job and this is what we have to go through, but it’s the cruellest thing to have someone you love first be taken away from you and then become the property of someone else.

“We’ve been left with nothing, only our memories.”

His family have established a Facebook tribute page for John. On it his nine-year-old daughter Terri-Ann wrote: “To dad, hope you’re with the stars, love and miss you and thinking of you lots love from Terri-Ann xxx”.

Martin Peters, 45, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, appeared at Wirral Magistrates Court yesterday charged with murder. He will appear again at the court on December 17 for committal to Liverpool Crown Court.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 21st Dec 2009 9:29am

Wallasey man appears in court accused of murdering father of two

A MAN from Wallasey man has appeared in court accused of murdering a father-of-two.

Martin Peters is alleged to have stabbed 38-year-old John Boyd to death after a fight at a house in Birkenhead Road, Seacombe, close to his own home.

Mr Boyd was rushed to Arrowe Park Hospital, Birkenhead, after the attack on the afternoon of November 27 but died later that day.

Peters, 45, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, appeared at Liverpool Crown Court on Friday via video link equipment.

Peters was further remanded in custody until February 19 when he is expected to enter his plea. A trial date has provisionally been fixed to begin on May 4.

THE GLOBE
I was surprised to read in this weeks globe that martin peters has pleaded NOT GUILTY ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 5th May 2010 1:03pm
Wallasey man allegedly murders friend John Boyd over love triangle

A JEALOUS man stabbed a pal “through the heart” after discovering he had started a relationship with his ex-girlfriend, a court heard.

Martin Peters, 45, is alleged to have murdered John Boyd, 38, during a confrontation over his former partner Lesley McGee.

Liverpool Crown Court heard Peters armed himself with a knife before going to challenge Mr Boyd.

Jurors were told within minutes he had plunged the blade into Mr Boyd’s heart so deeply it went up to the hilt.

Peters, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, denies a single charge of murder.

But Nicholas Johnson QC told the eight women and four men of the jury Peters had intended to “kill or cause him really serious harm”.

He said: “Mr Peters, perhaps unbeknown to Mr Boyd, was armed with a knife that he had brought with him. Within a minute or two of Mr Peters arriving, John Boyd had been stabbed through, literally stabbed through the heart.

“Mr Boyd quickly lost consciousness and within an hour he had been formally declared dead at Arrowe Park Hospital.”

Mr Johnson told jurors the two men had known each other for a number of years.

But it is alleged Peters erupted into violence after discovering the love triangle.

Mr Johnson described how days before the killing, Miss McGee had split up with Peters and ordered him to move out of the home they shared on Briardale Road, which was in her name. She told him she would stay with a friend on a Leasowe estate while he left the house. But Mr Johnson told jurors: “The truth is that Lesley McGee was staying with John Boyd, the deceased. Unbeknown to Mr Peters, Lesley McGee and John Boyd had started a relationship.”

Mr Johnson told jurors on the morning of the stabbing Ms McGee returned to the home to discover Peters had still not moved out and left a note saying: “I want my house back. Just go or I'll get the police to get you out today.”

But later that day Mr Boyd and a pal bumped into Peters while out buying heroin and a confrontation broke out during which he revealed their relationship.

When Mr Boyd returned to Ms McGee, who was at the next-door neighbour’s home, he told her: “I've just seen that other d****** up the road and told him how it is. I probably better get ready, he’s probably gonna come round here.”

Witnesses saw Mr Boyd put a kitchen knife down the back of his trousers for protection. Soon after, Mr Johnson told jurors that Peters arrived at the house on Birkenhead Road, Seacombe.

Mr Johnson said: “Mr Peters went round to confront them. He was upset at the fact his girlfriend had taken up with John Boyd and he intended to cause John Boyd really serious harm or worse.

“According to the people that were there, there was no effort to reason or negotiate, Mr Peters aggressively confronted Lesley McGee, he progressed to pushing John Boyd and then he started to punch him”

He added: “Mr Boyd had retreated as far as he could in that room. He had been driven back by Mr Peters with his back against the wall. It was in this position that we suggest that, in all likelihood, that the fatal blow was struck by Mr Peters.”

A witness described Mr Boyd saying: “The b****** stabbed me”, before the pair fell to the ground where they struggled as if “trying to kill each other”.

When the melee came to an end, Peters left the house, but when Mr Boyd tried to follow him he collapsed in the doorway. Less than an hour later, he was pronounced dead at hospital. A post-mortem examination confirmed he had been stabbed at least three times. The wound to the chest was so deep, the pathologist said the blade must have been pushed in up to the hilt.

In interview, Peters claimed he had gone round to the house to “negotiate” with Miss McGee about staying at Briardale Road. He claimed it was Mr Boyd who was on top of him and insisted he had acted in self-defence. (Proceeding)

THE WALLASEY NEWS
I am the mother of John and would like you all to know that the Jury is out in the trail of Martin Peters the man who stabbed my son to death. I would ask that you dont believe all the crap written in this case.
Sorry for your loss Joyce.

RIP.
Thankyou. I only want justice for my son. It is the last thing I can do for him apart from looking out for his two young children. It all seems so senseless.
I hope the kids are ok and get over it.
My thoughts are with you and your family Joyce.
They are trying. I think knowing the man who killed their father is behind bars will help them move on. They are afraid he will come back to wallasey.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 15th May 2010 5:41pm
My thoughts are with you at this troublesome time. At the end of the day it is not about the stories that come out of the trial but the justice it serves when Martin Peters is sent to prison for taking a life.
I agree. This man went away got a knife and stabbed my son in the heart whilst he was sitting in his home. All the other headlines mean nothing. But headlines sell papers.
I feel for you Joyce I really do. I am a Mum and Grandmother too.
I have no idea what you are going through, and have no wish to find out. I hope this evil person gets whats coming to him.
God Bless you and your Family. :-(
Karen x
Posted By: joyce Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 16th May 2010 12:21pm
Thank you Karen. Its every parents nightmare to lose a child we are living this nightmare everyday. We want justice for our son not revenge. This coward has put us through hell twice. I couldnt hold my son on the night he died because he had become a peice of evidence. We had to wait two months to bury him. I have had to endure the horror of it all in court. Listen to the 999 call reliving my sons last moments. I will never forgive Martin Peters for that, he has shown no remorse for his actions in court. I just wanted everyone on here to know the devastation of losing someone in this violent way and hope people think about using knives and cost of doing so not only to the victim but to his family. Nobody deserves to be stabbed to deathsitting in your own home.
Sorry Joyce, I don't think anybody can begin to imagine how you feel. frown No doubt justice will be served, and hope you can in some way begin to get your life back together.
hi joyce i dont know you personally but i knew john very well for a lot of years,any one with anything about them would not even read the newspapers or internet regarding this case.im sure this vile person will get what he deserves and rightly so to and i pray for you all as a broken hearted family that you can try and move on with your lives because you deserve to and i am sure john is looking down pushing you all forward to the future i send best wishes to you and yours paula xxxxx
Mr Johnson described how days before the killing, Miss McGee had split up with Peters and ordered him to move out of the home they shared on Briardale Road, which was in her name. She told him she would stay with a friend on a Leasowe estate while he left the house. But Mr Johnson told jurors: “The truth is that Lesley McGee was staying with John Boyd, the deceased. Unbeknown to Mr Peters, Lesley McGee and John Boyd had started a relationship.

All this because of some two timing lying bitch!

Sorry for your loss frown
Ste I dont believe that a two timing lying bitch is any excuse for murder.
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz

seems to be the reason in this case, oh and a slightly unstable knife weilding maniac!

withthat You took the words right out of my mouth.

There is no excuse for murder, but she is the cause and should be punished too!

This guys lost a friend and his own life due to this woman.

She`s probably shacked up with someone else now walking free without a care in the world while one mans dead and anothers in prison.
she did not start the relationship with my son until she had told him it was over. It had been over for sometime but peters had told her he would shivvy her if she ever left him. He was not told about the relationship and after what has happened is it any wonder? Are you saying Ste that any woman or man for that matter deserves to be knifed to death because he cant accept a relationship is over. By the way he says his excuse for my sons death is that he wouldn't be allowed to stay in the house. Added to this Peters told everyone in court she had the electric on the fiddle and didn't pay her tv license. MAYBE THATS ANOTHER EXCUSE TO MURDER SOMEONE.
I didnt say it was an excuse, like i said, there is no excuse!
I said it was the cause.
In answer to your the last post Ste. She has been in court everyday. She is genuinely distraught. I may wish my son had never met her (although he had known her for over 15 years) but I dont blame her in any way. Peters had a choice to walk away. He chose to murder my son.
sorry for your loss.
Ste I dont blame you for making statements. I know all the terrible facts. The press want to make it all sound like a "Love Triangle" Leslie and the family are being hounded by the press and all the magazines women read.To sell our story. It basically comes down to this. Leslie had been in a abusive relationship. She left peters and asked him to move out. She gave him a week to find somewhere else. (His mother owns numerous properties)He hadn't moved out after a week, so she left a further note giving him another week to move out. During this period my son and her started a relationship. Peters found out and murdered my son.
Sorry Ste, hope you understood what I meant ? Just seemed inappropriate at the time.

Joyce I feel for you and hope justice is done, I personally believe that murderers who go out to kill should never be released.
Thought you guys would like to know Martin Peters was found guilty today.
I hope they put him away for a very, very, long time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 18th May 2010 7:48pm
Why should we pay for his upkeep in prison "for a very, very long time" ?

There would be no shortage of volunteers to carry on were Albert Pierrepoint left off. (The long drop !!) With severe government cutbacks looming, it makes sense.

(Waits for flaming from the do-gooders)

A lot of folk's thoughts are with you at this time Joyce.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 18th May 2010 7:49pm
Wirral man is convicted of murder

A WIRRAL man has today been convicted of murdering another man during a confrontation over a woman.

There were cheers from friends and relatives of victim John Boyd when the jury of seven women and four men returned a guilty verdict by a majority of 10 - 1.

Martin Peters, 45, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, showed no emotion when the verdict was returned at the end of the two week trial.

Mr Justice Blair adjourned sentence until tomorrow and further remanded Peters in custody.

During the trial at Liverpool Crown Court the jury heard that Peters stabbed 38-year-old Mr Boyd "through the heart" after discovering he had started a relationship with his ex-girlfriend.

The two men had known each other for a number of years and Peters erupted into violence just days after his partner Lesley McGee split up with him and he learnt of her relationship with Mr Boyd.

He went to challenge Mr Boyd at a house in Birkenhead Road, Wallasey, and armed himself with a knife.

Within minutes of arriving he had plunged the blade into Mr Boyd's heart so deeply it went up to the hilt.

Mr Boyd quickly lost consciousness and within an hour he had been formally declared dead at Arrowe Park Hospital.

Peters denied murder and claimed in court that he had been acting in self-defence after Mr Boyd had repeatedly tried to stab him.

THE GLOBE
Bravo! I hope they throw the Book at the ... bag.
Joyce, my thoughts are with you and your family x
Sentenced tomorrow. He has put our family through hell. We have had to relive John's death all over again, plus listen to him rubbish our son with his lies. Thank God the Jury saw through him. He is a coward. He wants to at big with a knife and then plead not guilty. Not only put our family through this ordeal but his own mother also.
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Why should we pay for his upkeep in prison "for a very, very long time" ?

Because you don't have the death penalty any more.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 18th May 2010 10:05pm
i understand dizdazdoz.

joyce thoughts are with you, good luck for tomorrow, he should get life, he took a knife, they will take it as intentional.

ignore his comments about your son, he`s just looking for some way of getting some `lieniancy` ,you know they aren`t true, people say nasty things when they are desperate, don`t let him hurt you anymore than he has.
Hope you find a way to move forward Joyce.
Also I hope he gets what he deserves, I personally would like to see the death penalty back but doubt we ever will.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 19th May 2010 1:54pm
Martin Peters sentenced to life for Wirral murder of love rival John Boyd

A MAN who stabbed his love rival to death was today sentenced to life in prison.

Martin Peters, 45, killed dad-of-two John Boyd on November 27 at his Seacombe home, over former partner Lesley McGee.

At Liverpool Crown Court this morning Judge Justice William Blair recommended that Peters, of Briardale Road, Wallasey, serve a minimum of 20 years imprisonment.

The decision was greeted by sighs of relief from Mr Boyd's family, who were in court.

The sentencing follows a two-and-a-half week trial which concluded with a guilty verdict yesterday.

Judge Williams said: "This is not a case in which the mitigating circumstances cancel out the serious aggravating factors."

THE ECHO
Thank you to all the posters on here. We have Justice. It wont bring my son back but at least we know this man will not be walking the streets of wallasey for a very long time. God Bless to you all x
Great news for Joyce, just a thought though this retard will be a pensioner when released so will now cost the tax payer until his dying day.
Hang him and save the money.
We are hoping he might do it himself whilst in there. But knowing the coward he wont.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey Man Stabbed in Seacombe Birkenhead Road - 20th May 2010 10:41am
Originally Posted by joyce
We are hoping he might do it himself whilst in there. But knowing the coward he wont.

Keep him alive, let him suffer!
john and leslie were good friends of my dads and john was there when i was a child growing up, at this time he lived in percy road a few doors away from me, john was an amazing and funny person to have around. my thoughts are with all the family and keep your chin up sean he will always be watching you mate

R.I.P John
Andy Beech
© Wirral-Wikiwirral