Forums
Posted By: DebbieQ Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 10:23am
Woke up in the night by house alarms going off and complete blackness - very eerie!
Apparantly affeceted the CH45 & CH46 areas but can't find any news on what happened - anyone else hear anything?
Posted By: Volly Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 10:40am
Yeah, our daughter woke us up at around 2am - absolutely pitch black with the odd house alarm going off.

We did notice that there seemed to be torch lights around the flats in the Sandbrook area - wasn't sure if it may have been police or just somebody out at that time of the morning with a torch??

Power soon restored though thank god - my reptiles were getting cold, ha ha.

Still don't know why it happened though
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 10:54am
I went out with a torch to check on the neighbours houses etc, it was out for some time - there is a rumour, there was a car crashed into an electrical box in wallasey village - not sure if this is true or not though! the whole of Leasowe was in darkness, including Leasowe road! which was quite a sight!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 11:41am
Did anyone take the opportunity to look at the stars?
Posted By: DebbieQ Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 11:45am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Did anyone take the opportunity to look at the stars?

Funny enough that was one of the first thing I noticed - you could actually see the stars properly! haha!
Posted By: SUExx Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 1:00pm
we noticed the stars were out on the friday night ghost hunt, we commented how long it had been since we last saw stars.
Posted By: ninja573 Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 1:24pm
yes very strange ;last night good thou
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 1:26pm
I am in the CH45 area but no lights went out! The lights did dim a little (I thought it was cos I was pissed!!).
Posted By: ninja573 Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 1:27pm
lmao
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 3:15pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I am in the CH45 area but no lights went out! The lights did dim a little

withthat
Posted By: PLUSONE Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 4:15pm
Any news on this, wot caused it?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 4:27pm
All the lights were out at J1 at about 3am'ish... however, they were working fine between J1 and J2, and on the connecting roads, from about Tesco onwards, and from about Max Spielman onwards. Not sure if my flat was affected, but it didnt seem a massive cut, however loads of people said they were affected for about an hour.

My mum said her alarm clock was flashing, she is in Moreton, and my auntie said she was awake when it happened, and she is on Reeds Lane in Leasowe, so it must have been bigger than it appeared.

All the street lighting seemed to be working in the local area's apart from J1 however.

I did'nt notice myself cos I wasnt in, but ill ask the goldfish if their filter went off later on haha! The TopUp TV was not downloading anything until 5am onwards but they all worked, so it must have been between 2am and 5am, my auntie said it was about an hour and street lights in Leasowe were out and there was a bang when they came back on lol... oh and the Spar alarm was going off.
Posted By: 82373415c Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 5:20pm
I live in Murrayfield Drive and the lights dmmed for a moment and then all the electric went off around 1.38am including the street lamps. At about 3am I was looking down the road and noticed the lights coming on in the houses as if in turn, the street lamps dimmed and then mine came back on. I heard that a power line went down on the motorway.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Power cut over night. - 22nd Nov 2009 9:50pm
Im in Wallasey Village, just off leasowe road, and we experienced the power cut aswell. Went out in the street with a torch to see what was going on and loads of people were out talking, could hear the party people from the rugby club on cross lane cheering. we lost power around 1:20am and when I woke up this morning at 7am, power was back and the alarm clock was showing 4:30am, so I calculate the power came back on around 2:30am and was off for just over an hour.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Power cut over night. - 23rd Nov 2009 9:29am
Has anyone phoned the Electrickery Board and asked the simple question "What happened" ??
Posted By: DebbieQ Re: Power cut over night. - 23rd Nov 2009 5:14pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Has anyone phoned the Electrickery Board and asked the simple question "What happened" ??

Yep - All they would say was "a fuse went".
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Power cut over night. - 23rd Nov 2009 7:13pm
They will never willingly hold their hand up to any form of power cut incase they are liable for damages, but might I suggest that anyone who's alram went off getting the battery changed inside the box as this is not ment to happend and your alarm will not be funtioning correctly.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Power cut over night. - 23rd Nov 2009 8:26pm
get* sanchez meant. instead of getting.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Power cut over night. - 23rd Nov 2009 9:36pm
well thanks my young padawhaaa
Posted By: SpecialK Re: Power cut over night. - 24th Nov 2009 1:15pm
By 'stars' do you mean the deceased kind (Olly Reed, Dixie Dean, Superman etc) or do you mean those big bright sparkly things that are in the sky every night?
Posted By: manc54 Re: Power cut over night. - 2nd Dec 2009 2:06am
I read in the paper that 2 road workers had been killed when the wagon they were tipping contacted some overhead power lines maybe this was the cause ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral