Forums
Posted By: ronnie Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 11:18am
Just read on an other forum it's just been robbed at gunpoint, anyone heard anything?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 11:42am
Nope. Car on fire in Knutsford Green this morning though. About 11am.
Posted By: ronnie Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 12:19pm
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/4666623.Cash_in_transit_robbery_in_Moreton/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 12:30pm
Yes they robbed money from bank/gaurd then abanded there car in Knutsford Green and set it on fire.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 12:30pm
At 11.30 unmarked police car with stick on blue light and marked police estate, possibly ARV, flew past me by the Acorn ,Bebington, earlier than the report says the robbery was though.
Posted By: alfiemag Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 12:50pm
pc
Just txt a mate who works in Moreton. Pretty much what you already know. Said they had ski masks on, and guns also burnt one of the getaway cars. Hopefully no one hurt. Very shaken tho, would imagine.

Alfieag
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 1:46pm
Take some bottle to do that literally down the road from the Police Station.

I wondered why plod were everywhere whilst I driving through Moreton, thought it was a tad strange for them all to be lingering like a bad smell just because of a car fire (thought they were all using it as an excuse to skive lol).

Madness to risk Moreton cross traffic at that time of day as well. Hopefully they will be caught in time though, just a shame under this Labour government they will probably get a slap on the wrist.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 1:51pm
It might have been the govt what done it. They've got to get a load of brass from somewhere.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 1:54pm
Whoah! Any more news! Lloyds the one opposite the Big House?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 1:56pm
Yer, Lloyds is on the roudabout, opposite the HSBC and Big House.

smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 1:57pm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes they robbed money from bank/gaurd then abanded there car in Knutsford Green and set it on fire.

Quick - get their IP - they know too much!! raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 2:00pm
Any self-respecting criminal with the intelligence to pull this off, would be virtually untraceable via IP anyway.

The dumbest ones would just use someone elses wifi connection, the clever ones would use a series of proxies.

Trust me, trying to chase hackers (well hacker wannabe's) is nigh on pointless nowadays, my security team rarely bother after the initial trace nowadays as you get so far and realise your just wasting your time or stuck in a loop.

smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 7:50pm
OMG I am such a total feckwit - I read this earlier and thought it was Lloyds the chemist. The penny has only just dropped.
I scare myself sometimes
raftl raftl raftl

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 10:40pm
I saw this in person - traffic wasn't an issue as there was a white fiesta blocking both lanes of moreton cross roundabout to ensure the get away car could well, erm - get away, lol.

very scary for my 4 year old son though - he keeps asking me where the bad men have gone and if they'll be back?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 10:43pm
p.s. i still can't work out why the fire engine got to the burnt out car in knutsford green before the police got to the bank???

fire engine arrived 10 minutes after it all happened but chadwick st. police station is literally 30 seconds away on foot behind the bank??????????
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 6th Oct 2009 10:45pm
That time of day, the plod will be busy dealing with multiple incidents in KFC im afraid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lloyds Bank Robbery Moreton - 12th Oct 2009 1:35pm
£25,000 reward for information on Moreton bank robbery

A £25,000 reward has been offered for information following a robbery at Lloyds TSB in Hoylake Road, Moreton Cross.
Officers were called just after 11.30am, on Tuesday, October 6, when three men, thought to be armed with crowbars, entered the bank.

They threatened staff and assaulted a G4S Security Guard before taking a substantial amount of cash.

The men then left to a waiting car, where a fourth man drove them in the direction of Tesco, Bidston.

The car, a silver Volvo, was later found burnt out in the Knutsford Green area.

It is thought that the offenders then got in a silver coloured Audi A4 type car and drove in the direction of Liverpool via the tunnel.

It is thought that both cars had been stolen.

The guard received treatment for his injuries in hospital. No one else was hurt but staff were left shaken.

The offenders were described only as male and wearing balaclavas and having their faces covered.

The silver Volvo was recovered and has been forensically examined.

CCTV from the area is being examined and witnesses from the area are being spoken to.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact 0151 777 5608, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral