Forums
Posted By: red40 Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 5:55am
Glad to see the council are doing something about rogue landlords.

I was sent this article and it is easy to see how one (very bad) landlord gives others a bad name.

As a tenant I was glad to see the council stepped in to do the repairs, but honestly the sooner landlords like this are licensed some how, the better for all of us.

I read the above article and was astounded that the electrics had never been tested and where quite clearly dated. No gas certificates could be produced.

I dont really have much time for Wirral Council, but in this instance (and only this instance)........well done!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 6:54am
I bet that's only one of many, though tenants are as much to blame for putting up with it, There are complaint procedures in place to go through so no one has any excuse. This type of thing should be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can just acquire a property and let it off and sit back to enjoy the profits.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 12:07pm
Been a landlord, never again. Some tenants take the piss as well. Came back and half my fittings were half inched. Another time there was all sorts of crap to put right. The last time the tenant wouldn't move out and I was on my way back from Berlin with my family. A mate of mine had his furnished letting cleaned out of everything when he was repatriated. Don't paint all landlords with the same brush.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 1:16pm
There's good and bad landlords and good and bad tenants thats for sure and there are laws protecting both, but this one is about putting peoples lives at risk. So it was a good outcome.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 5:09pm
Those landlords in the article were seriously taking the mickey, they were given time to sort things out and refused - I am wondering why they were given as long a 6 months to rectify, many authorities (quite rightly) often give two week notices.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 5:19pm
Scumbags, when me and my girlfriend were 17-18 we got a flat, the pervy landlord said to us one day if we cant pay the rent he would let us off if my girlfriend slept with him. ...!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 7:28pm
So like a true gentleman Wheels slept with him raftl shocked
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 8:11pm
As you do, I was able to buy some new scale electrics withthe money smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral landlord prosecuted - 2nd Oct 2009 8:14pm
Can i come around to play, with the scale electric's that is.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral