Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral man told to behave or face losing his home - 8th Jul 2009 2:59pm
Wirral man told to behave or face losing his home

A Wirral man has been issued with a suspended eviction order following aggressive and threatening behaviour.

Action was originally taken against Paul Taaffe of Moreton Road, Upton, in December, 2005, when he threw bags containing household rubbish and bottles at employees of a contractor of Wirral Partnership Homes, hitting an employee in the face.

He also used foul and abusive language towards staff.

Action by Wirral anti-social behaviour team was taken against Taaffe, who gave an undertaking to Birkenhead County Court not to threaten, harass or be abusive towards any employee of Wirral Partnership Homes or any employee of a contractor engaged by them.

He also agreed to not to remain within his home or its immediate locality when contractors were carrying out works.

At Birkenhead County Court on Tuesday, Taaffe was issued with an eviction order, agreed by the parties, which was suspended for two years on condition that he complies with the terms of his tenancy agreement.

If Taaffe breaches the order, he faces eviction from his home.

THE GLOBE
Whats up with him? Whats the issue with contractors? I dont get it.
Meanwhile, there are plenty of hard-working, decent human beings on the housing lists desperately in need of somewhere to live...

Sure I know this guy as well, shame it don't mention his age.
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Whats up with him? Whats the issue with contractors? I dont get it.
He's allergic to them?
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Meanwhile, there are plenty of hard-working, decent human beings on the housing lists desperately in need of somewhere to live...

Sure I know this guy as well, shame it don't mention his age.
age 5 ??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral man told to behave or face losing his home - 8th Jul 2009 5:26pm
I've met people like him when I was working at Maritime Housing. They don't like you going into their "castle" and making improvements! One guy threatened a housing officer with a tennis racket when he was told that he must have new kitchen cupboards put in!

Some tenants need "professional" help!
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I've met people like him when I was working at Maritime Housing. They don't like you going into their "castle" and making improvements! One guy threatened a housing officer with a tennis racket when he was told that he must have new kitchen cupboards put in!

Some tenants need "professional" help!
no shit Sherlock!
There are a few points which may not relate to the above case but do relate to how some older tenants see things.
For example John who lives where I live thinks that improvements are a ploy to put the rent up and being on a pension its a worry to him.
Contractors
some contractors seem to think and do as they please in tenants homes, recently a gas contractor called on me and decided to put his gas torch and tools all over my new carpet he didnt even bother to put his safety blanket down,when I raised the issue with the housing association, all I got back was "prove it"
The housing association also lets contractors visit your home on a sundays and even after six which is fine for them going into places that they know a private home owner wouldnt put up with.
katrina
The reason the improvements are being done is because of the government "decent homes standards" target, which they will fail to meet for 2010, but won't be too far off.

A lot of the investment for this nationwide programme has not actually come from rent, and the rent will go up no matter whether they do the work or not, so it's best just letting them.

They do take the pi$$ contractors though, they are generally lazy barstard and for the mostpart they tend to be useless and untidy.
I am fully aware of the decent homes standard and indeed how much money housing associations are being paid to impliment it or not as is the case here. I also asked the house of commons Library whom is responsible for enforcement to make sure housing associations carry out this work! turns out its the local council whom didnt even know that they had that responsibility.
I am all for bringing homes up to a decent standard what shocks me is that housing associations take this money then claim properties cannot be modernised due to construction methods in the 1800s.!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral