Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 8th Jun 2009 12:57pm
Wirral pensioner in court charged with damaging cars near mosque

A PENSIONER has appeared at Wirral Magistrates Court today with regard to alleged scratch damage running into thousand of pounds to cars parked near a new mosque in Birkenhead.

James Widnall Hodson, 82, of Cedar Street, Birkenhead, was denied summary trial by District Judge Nick Sanders and was remanded on bail until August 3 for committal proceedings to take place.

He faces thirteen charges of causing damage to parked vehicles near the mosque in Whetstone Lane and also 13 similar charges with the added element they were religiously aggravated and to which not guilty pleas were indicated.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 10th Jun 2009 8:00pm
Saw this in the paper today.
Couldnt believe the age of the racist doddery old fart.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 10th Jun 2009 10:53pm
Just curious as to how they worked in the religiously aggravated element or is this standard when dealing anything vaguely muslim-related ?

If it had happened by a church would it be classed as such ?

Like I said...Just curious...
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 10th Jun 2009 11:04pm
Hmm.. On reflection, i agree. Its easy to label these crimes as racially 'motivated' but perhaps not!?
Gawd, shocking how judgemental that i can implicitly be! Oh well room for improvement...
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 10th Jun 2009 11:36pm
I notice you said 'racially' motivated there..my post was edited as I originally racially instead of religously too....paging Dr Freud....

See what I mean about anything vaguely muslim related being labelled as a hate crime in general ? I think it's right to question that and how it came to be so.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 11th Jun 2009 12:00am
Hear Hear

We live in England, not Mosqueland.

How do we know he wasnt drunk, and just decided to key peoples cars out of spite, but unfortunately, they happened to be parked outside a mosque ????

A lot of these sort of events are reported as being racially motivated, but with the numbers of Mosques appearing within our country, Im not surprised
82 year old wow
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 11th Jun 2009 10:53am
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig

A lot of these sort of events are reported as being racially motivated, but with the numbers of Mosques appearing within our country, Im not surprised

withthat
do the crime, serve the time... age shouldnt be a factor when dealing with such incidents. unless he has mental health issues, he would have known he was in the wrong regardless and should be dealt with as such.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wirral pensioner charged with damaging cars - 11th Jun 2009 8:25pm
So if a Muslim does the same what happens?
I think Islam's a really fooked up religion, but the Mosques are just small little rooms in crappy old buildings, they're not bothering anyone, they really aren't!
and WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG! smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral