Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Man arrested on suspicion of murder - 6th Jun 2009 6:16pm
Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman’s body found in Tuebrook

A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the discovery of a woman’s body.

The woman, named locally as Denise Brown, 45, was found by police at around 4.30pm yesterday in the bathroom of her home in Simms Road, Tuebrook.
[Linked Image]
Neighbours in the road said she did not work but they saw her on a day to day basis, that she was a small lady with reddish hair.

Police have confirmed that a man aged 67 was arrested soon after the discovery.

One neighbour told the ECHO: “We saw that there was activity at the house and nobody knew what was going on.

“After a while there were paramedics and soon enough the men in the forensics suits were at the door getting ready to go in.

“We heard people talking saying that the dead woman had been the girlfriend of the man they arrested.

“It’s a quiet street usually and we’re all very sorry for her, she wasn’t a woman that I knew well, but it shakes you.

“I saw them taking her body from the house and the man being taken away.”

Another neighbour added: “We saw him being put in the van.

“She was a quiet woman, I knew her to say hello to and she always seemed nice.

“She didn’t work and you could see her hurrying off to the shops most days.”

At the time of going to press police had not launched a formal murder investigation and the exact cause of the woman’s death was not known.

A spokesman for police said they were last night awaiting the results of a post mortem examination.

THE ECHO
© Wirral-Wikiwirral