Forums
Posted By: Wench Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 5:30pm
Two motorists have been injured after an HGV left the road and smashed into four houses. The vehicle careered into the homes in Queens Drive, Liverpool, following a collision with a Renault car. No-one in the affected houses was injured, but the two drivers received injuries police said.

Police were called to the scene of the accident at the junction of Walton Hall Avenue at 7.20am.

A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: "Two casualties were taken to hospital from the scene. The driver of the Renault is believed to be in a serious condition and the driver of the HGV has also been taken to hospital, with his injuries not believed to be serious at this stage.

"The people in the houses are all safe and well."

The spokesperson added: "The scene has been attended by the council's highways team, building surveyors, Enterprise Liverpool staff and members of the emergency planning team.

"Police are working with all these partners to make the area safe and accessible as soon as possible.

"A small number of residents and people staying in the houses affected have made arrangement to stay with relations.

"There is currently major congestion in the area and will be for some time and motorists are advised to avoid the area until further notice. A joint CID and traffic investigation into the incident is ongoing."

Source
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 5:35pm
twafficccc!
Posted By: Wench Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 5:43pm
Roooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 5:49pm
Pictures and further details
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 5:57pm
scarey

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 6:51pm
Oh boy! The Scenic does look very well...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 7:02pm
that looks a bad one omg
Posted By: Wheels Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 25th Apr 2009 10:15pm
[youtube]zWjGdSe6XIM[/youtube]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 27th Apr 2009 3:11pm
Family home destroyed by lorry that careered out of control in Liverpool

A MAN told how he was awoken by the sound of a scrap metal truck crashing into his Liverpool home.

Steven Dodds, 41, was upstairs in bed at his home in Queens Drive, Walton, at about 7.20am on Saturday when he heard a massive bang.

A lorry seemingly swerved to avoid a Renault Scenic turning across Queens Drive from Walton Lane and crashed into his terraced home.
The lorry careered across the dual carriageway and into a row of four houses.

Mr Dodds said: “I couldn’t understand what was going on but then it hit the corner of my house.”

Daniel and Deborah Smith’s home took the brunt of the impact.

According to neighbours, Mr Smith was knocked out of his brass-framed bed.

The 27-year-old Renault driver was critically injured in the smash and today remained seriously ill in hospital.

Mr Dodds said: “I was just astonished. I jumped up and put on some clothes quickly and just got out of there.

“I had to climb across rubble that had been my brick wall and get past the cab at the front of the truck which stopped about a foot from my front door.

“The council have now been out and put structural supports in the front room as a precaution.”

Eyewitnesses, including Fidel Albadwr, owner of Queens Drive News, reported seeing the Renault driver flung though his windscreen onto the road.

Police, who launched an investigation into the collision, said Mr and Mrs Smith’s home is now “structurally unsound”.

Miraculously, no one in the houses was hurt.

Neighbour Jim Ormrod, 60, said: “I just heard the bang and the vehicle scraping along the houses. It sounded like a gas explosion.”

Mr Ormrod saw neighbours knocking on one door to see if anyone was injured.

They heard nothing and turned to walk away but moments later the upstairs bay window crashed to the ground.

Mum-of-six Denise Lloyd, 44, said: “As I walked from the lounge into the kitchen I heard this horrible noise and froze. I came running in and saw the wagon. There were people running out of the houses.”

Yesterday Liverpool City Council engineers carried out an extensive clear-up and surveyors were expected to visit the properties today.

Witnesses are asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 5702/5771.

THE ECHO
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 27th Apr 2009 4:12pm
Mr Ormrod saw neighbours knocking on one door to see if anyone was injured.

They heard nothing and turned to walk away but moments later the upstairs bay window crashed to the ground.

Ahhh good old community spirit eh?
Like bein bakkk in de war laugh
Posted By: Wheels Re: Two hurt as HGV crashes into houses. - 27th Apr 2009 4:28pm
a truck drove into green lane bridge today
© Wirral-Wikiwirral