Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:03am
Something happening in Liscard precinct. The place is crawling with police cars (did not know we had that many) ambulance and video car. Primark has been closed and police at the door.

Someone said the kids clothing area had been taped off and a security man (perhaps) had gone in the ambulance.

Pics up soon - if I can work out how to get them off the camera phone

Snod
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:13am
WIKI on the spot again
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:31am
ye just been now and i can confirm that the secuirty guard from primark has been stabbed three times. and that info come from a primark worker.. photos up in a mow
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:31am
Pics

Attached picture Image008.jpg
Attached picture Image009.jpg
Attached picture Image014.jpg
Attached picture Image015.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:37am
wink
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:46am
OMG what is this place we live in coming too! My thoughts are with the guy who has been stabbed and his family! sick world we live in.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:49am
bloody ell omg hope the guys alrite christ wonder what it was over.. Getting worse around ere..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:50am
Liscard has never been so busy!
Posted By: Wench Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:53am
This kind of thing is getting far too close to home. It was always something that happened in other places but now it's on our doorstep!!

Thoughts are with all concerned.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 11:56am
frown
Posted By: bert1 Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 12:12pm
I hope the guard is ok, but what protection did he have apart from his bravery, probably nothing, the way things are going very soon they will need body armour and a baton to do their job., but i dare say the do gooders will have something to say about that.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 12:18pm
flippin eck!
primark?
are security guards in a clothes shop gonna have to wear stab vests now?

poor guy - hope he's gonna be ok frown
Posted By: DebbieQ Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 1:04pm
God! that's terrible!
Hope he's ok.

update- Link to Globe
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 1:27pm
Jesus, i'm hoping to do retail security soon too.. hasn't put me off though. Makes me want to do it more than ever, just wearing a stab vest..

Hope the guard is okay
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 1:33pm
Stabbed 3 times in the back?

Does this sound like a planned attack rather than a thief stabbing him in confusion trying to escape think

Either way, hope hes OK, not good something like that happening in a big store one morning during school hols frown
Posted By: Wheels Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 5:12pm
Originally Posted by bert1
I hope the guard is ok, but what protection did he have apart from his bravery, probably nothing, the way things are going very soon they will need body armour and a baton to do their job., but i dare say the do gooders will have something to say about that.

Looks like I left just in time eek

I was the guard at that store and birkenhead up until I left and got this lock keepers job a few weeks ago.

I hope the guy is ok as he could be my Replacement frown
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 8:53pm
wow its getting worse around here not good

not good at all frown

2 stabbings in 1 week WHAT IS IT COMING TO !?

Hope he will be OK smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:04pm
Does anyone know the guards name? My uncle started working there last i heard..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:09pm
no name is out yet izzy. all i know is he is a middle age man with a bald head.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:10pm
Oh great, our rob has a bone head. I know there are loads of people about with skin heads but it's too much of a coincidence for my liking
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:17pm
you need to find out to put your mind at rest hun,i do hope its not.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:17pm
Sercurity Guard stabbed 3 times in the back, maybe a revenge attack.

Whats going on in the wallasey area at the moment, 2 RTA's resulting in deaths and 2 stabbings in 2 weeks......
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 15th Apr 2009 9:20pm
Just phoning around family now to find out, just got this off the BBC News Site

"
Man is stabbed in Primark store

A 43-year-old man has been stabbed at a fashion clothes store in Wirral.

Police were called to the Primark store on Liscard Way, Wallasey, late on Wednesday morning and found the victim with a stab wound.

He is in hospital, where his condition is stable. The attacker ran off through Cherry Tree shopping centre.

A Merseyside police spokesman said the motive for the attack is unclear. Patrols have been stepped up and officers are speaking to witnesses.

The offender was white, about 5ft 10in to 5ft 11in tall and stocky build. He had short cropped dark hair and stubble.

He was wearing a dark zip up jacket with a gold Adidas emblem and black combat style trousers, and spoke with a Mancunian accent. "
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 9:01am
Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack

A SECURITY guard was stabbed in broad daylight at a busy store.

Horrified onlookers rushed to help the man, named locally as Keith, after the attack at Primark in Liscard Way, Wallasey, yesterday morning.

The victim is currently in a stable condition in Arrowe Park Hospital.

One worker at the Cherry Tree Shopping Centre, which has an adjoining entrance to the store, said: “Keith was standing in the middle of the shop when a man came up behind him.

“He seemed to hit him in the back but Keith didn’t fall or anything, he was surprised at first but it was only when he put his hand to his back that he saw the blood.

“At first he didn’t realise he had been stabbed, but another security guard came over and started giving him first aid and the ambulance was called.

“I didn’t see the man who did it.

“The paramedics arrived and the police sealed everywhere off, they’ve been searching the bins around the area for a weapon and they even had the helicopter up looking for him.”

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 9:07am
So it was a planned attack, and not a fumbled robbery think

Theres gonna be more to this than just a random stabbing...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 9:28am
I'm amazed the guy didn't realise he'd been stabbed!
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 9:32am
If this is a revenge attack then regardless of what the victim has done,the attacker is nothing short of a coward with 1).attacking a person with a knife,2). attacking a person from behind.This should not happen wether it`s in a different part of the country or on our own doorstep.Knife crime is becoming far too common.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 11:08am
Originally Posted by Shell88
My mum works in Primark and the security guard is fine, it was a 2 inch wound and he went home yesterday afternoon (I think against doctors advice though) and its believed it may have been a personal attack.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 16th Apr 2009 9:59pm
Glad to hear the s.guard going to be ok although being nosy, i really hope we get to find out more about this- motive, intent etc
Of course i cant speculate- here at least....
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Primark guard stabbed in Liscard attack - 17th Apr 2009 9:33am
I can't post everything I'd like to on this but it does seem personal. This was the first time he'd seen this lad however the way the attack took place makes it look like he'd planned it, he made sure the Primark staff were out of the view before hand and spoke to the guard prior to the attack but not in a malicious manner and Keith didn't know he had been stabbed at first. He is doing fine though and will soon be returning to work and was even back in the store yesterday to check the staff were ok and to explain what had happened, bless him.

Shell
© Wirral-Wikiwirral