Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 5:54pm
Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat

TWO men were rescued after getting into difficulty while diving in choppy waters off New Brighton.

New Brighton Lifeboat was called to the scene just before 2.30pm (Wednesday) after being alerted by Liverpool Coastguard.

An ambulance was standing by but the men did not need hospital treatment.

Graham Sale, deputy launching authority at New Brighton Lifeboat, said: "They got into some difficulty trying to board their diving boat on Victoria Slipway because of the strong current.

"They were in danger of being swept away but fortunately they were spotted and the Coastguard contacted us.

"They didn't need to go to hospital and we gave them a hot drink at the lifeboat station to warm them up before they went home."

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: Wench Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:22pm
That answers one of todays questions then happy saw these today and just thought it was training - oops!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:46pm
can you see through the water at New Brighton? Surely its very sandy/silty. Wouldn't visibility be poor?
Posted By: Wench Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:49pm
Some parts are surprisingly clear.
Posted By: Vanquished Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:54pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay

Well that's good news. happy

We were up on the Wirral and visited New Brighton on Saturday. The tide was out and I was very surprised at how much sand there is now. I was telling my wife and kids about how it used to be years ago before the sand collector thing were put in. Oh and my dogs loved the water! happy
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:55pm
Originally Posted by Vanquished
Originally Posted by PaganJay

Well that's good news. happy

We were up on the Wirral and visited New Brighton on Saturday. The tide was out and I was very surprised at how much sand there is now. I was telling my wife and kids about how it used to be years ago before the sand collector thing were put in. Oh and my dogs loved the water! happy
I'll bet your car didn't like the smell of the dogs afterwards raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Two men rescued by New Brighton Lifeboat - 8th Apr 2009 6:59pm
I bet too MissG! Tarot seems to find the skankiest bit of stale rancid water and take great pleasure in running/standing/swimming in it or even worse, drinking it then hurling!! I think Scott can vouch for that after today raftl

She doesn't smell very nice after that! Good job she likes having a bath raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral