Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Elderly lady punched in the face by robber on bike - 31st Mar 2009 6:42pm
Elderly lady punched in the face by robber on bike

A ROBBER on a mountain bike punched an old lady in the face and stole her handbag.

The attack happened on Kingsmead Road North in Oxton, Wirral, at 11am today.

The 83-year-old woman was walking from Shrewsbury Road into Kingsmead Road North when she was approached by a man on a mountain bike.

He stole her handbag containing a quantity of cash and left her lying in the road.

She was taken to hospital and is being treated for injuries to her face.

The attacker is described as white and had a prominent nose. He was wearing a black jacket.

Det Insp Mark Tivendale said : "This is a particularly cowardly attack on an defenceless elderly lady.

"We are treating this incident very seriously and I would urge anyone who may have been driving down this road or may have been walking down it, to make contact with us.

"You may have witnessed something, that could be vital to our enquiry."

Call 0151 777 2262 / 2265 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Birkenhead baghead ...

how can you people be `proud` of your area?

no
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Birkenhead baghead ...

no

You will have to explain that one Ste
Originally Posted by bert1

You will have to explain that one Ste

I`m not from `the worst area on the planet` thank fook.

So, what do you mean `i`ll` have to explain burt?
Well your condemning the whole population of Birkenhead with statements like that and even with your follow up statement, condemn the scumbags by all means and you will get my backing but leave the decent people out of it.
Im decent but im from the north end wink
Originally Posted by Jamie_LFC
Im decent but im from the north end wink

Jamie your not on your own, there's a lot of decent people in the North end
I know :D, Im really happy with myself today, Featured member for like 30 seconds I was laugh
Hey burt?

correct me if i`m wrong but didnt i say `birkenhead bagheads`? think

99.9% of crime in wirral is based on people from birkenhead is it not? think

i have associates in birkenhead, i`m not tarring you all with the same brush laugh

now, back on topic, this being normal in that area there were probably people walking past as it happened so no-one would of noticed.

poor old dear frown
Yeah lets get back on topic ste laugh

Poor Old Lady smile
Absolutly dispicable! Knocks me sick....
disgusting and cowardly, if Id of seen that, although its not really in my nature, but i would of been compelled to knock fk out of the bag ed.
WHAT A WORD... Dispicable smile

Old But Cool laugh

offtopic
its a discrace!

Even the cops don`t care anymore no

They are too busy taking cars off people who are insured! mad
[quote=_Ste_][quote=bert1]

I`m not from `the worst area on the planet` thank fook.

The place this happened is in Oxton, and if my memory serves me right its a road with large houses with big fronts to them and a quiet road, i could imagine a crime like this could easily be done without anyone seeing it. as for the percentages , i have no idea what is correct, i don't even know whats classed as Birkenhead any more.

cheer up burt happy
don`t take things so seriously smack

The daily mirror once done a centre page article calling birkenhead `Birkenhell, the worst place on the planet`.

wink
I hope this scumbag is proud of himself, after all, he's a real hero isn't he, punching an old lady.I don't think it's fair though to criticise Birkenhead or Birkenhead folk though.Sadly, this sort of thing can happen anywhere.
I'll have 5 mins in a locked room with him please!! I have a lot of pent up anger in me at the moment, I need an outlet!!
i honestly ,honestly dont know what type of person could do this and live with it ,i havent led a sheltered life ive met good people ive met bad people but it still shocks me when i hear something like this ,they just dont seem to realise that older people take a lot longer to recover from any type of fall and in the meantime we have to share our planet with them ,id like to share the 5mins with p jay in the locked room with the ba****d and kick **** out of him feeling so angry just thinking about it,hope the old lady recovers ok
I currently have a list of people I'd like in that locked room!! People like that don't deserve to be walking the earth! somad
His parents must be so proud. I hope he lives to that age and the favour is returned.
I hope he doesn't live to that age and is soon flattened by a bus.
If that was my nan.I would hunt that sh*t bag down put him in boot of my car drive to Chester zoo in the dead of night and feed the T**t to the lions.....
Originally Posted by kimpri1
If that was my nan.I would hunt that sh*t bag down put him in boot of my car drive to Chester zoo in the dead of night and feed the T**t to the lions.....

Sure that would be animal cruelty - to both parties...... raftl
Your being very unfair to animals yes
Hopefully they'd bat him around for a bit first - cats like to play with their food before they eat it.
"i honestly ,honestly dont know what type of person could do this and live with it"

Unfortunately a combination of extreme selfishness and a total lack of an upbringing mean that someone like this won't even think about "living with it". They think only of themselves and the rest of the popluation are a resource to be harvested (robbed & burgled) for thier own personal gain.

I caught some of these characters on a robbing mission once and there was no shame at all, they were just furious that I'd stopped their little game for the night!

Lock the lot of them up!
Drug habit might be a factor as well.
He Probably thinks hes all 'ard now, "Waaa Look at me I can beat up old ladies" moment?
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Birkenhead baghead ...

no

withthat

i hate where i live all my life all i ever here is bad things about my home town which is horrible what happened to it look back at when we had trams, flowers and things you dont see today.. In regards to the low life who punched the old lady... YOU ARE ..... Im horrified at this terrible. somad
Doesn't matter where you live, if no one is on the street to see it how can they help? At least one woman and her son were witnesses and a nurse was soon at the scene, no consolation to the Lady in question I know.

On the subject of retaliation...I say leave him in a locked room with some angry blokes mad and tell them to imagine it was their nan. somad

Just for the record I live in Central Birkenhead, by the Park, and I like it. thumbsup
metal bar to the knee caps would be good punishment for him
© Wirral-Wikiwirral