Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 11:03am
A woman who finished off her sandwich at the wheel of her car says she was stunned to be fined £60.

Ediri Tsekiri, 36, from Liverpool, had just popped the last remnant into her mouth when she was pulled over by police in the Childwall area.

She was accused of not being in proper control of her vehicle and accepted a fine and three points rather than go to court and risk a £1,000 penalty.

Miss Tsekiri told the BBC she had no idea she was breaking the law.

Miss Tsekiri had been driving her Vauxhall Zafira down a 30mph limit road near her home in November 2008 when she was stopped.

She had already eaten most of the sandwich and was finishing the crust at the time.

"I wasn't aware that something as minor as that would attract a heavy penalty and points on the licence," she said.

"I think there are numerous situations where you do take your hands off the wheel and its perfectly legitimate to do so.

"If you wind down your window does that then mean you should be getting a fine?"

Last year, Merseyside Police issued 46 penalty notices to motorists for not being in proper control of their vehicles.

They included other cases of people eating at the wheel, as well as motorists applying make-up.

A spokesman said: "Each case is treated individually on its merits, but by eating at the wheel a driver is likely to be not in control of their vehicle."

THE BBC
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 2:49pm
!!!Justice is served!!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 3:22pm
How the Hell can a Copper do this. I know I couldnt. Shame on them, no wonder they get a bad name. pfff
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 3:47pm
How will they explain changing gear then. Taking your hand off the wheel, and by pressing the clutch, you are in effect "Coasting".

Pathetic, thats someone taking advantage of their power Im afraid.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 5:01pm
i think its because you are not paying 100% attension whilst driving. I can see the lodgisc in it, I bet she was driving really poorly though and the copper rightly so thought....fuuck this your getting points here you shity woman driver !
Posted By: bert1 Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 6:36pm
Women drivers, i was driving along in my van when a woman with a phone jammed in between her ear and shoulder cut in front of me, making me slam on causing me to drop my razor into my corn flakes.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 6:41pm
raftl
Posted By: jimbob Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 6:50pm
Was that one of your cut throat razors or one of these modern battery operated ones
Posted By: bert1 Re: Hungry driver stunned at £60 fine - 17th Jan 2009 7:05pm
No but it was a close shave.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral