Forums
Posted By: AR_One The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 8:41am
Popped down to Oxton for a pre-christmas pint on Sat to find the Shrew in total darkness, a couple who I met outside said it was something to do with a new licensee having to apply for a license but it can't be good for business being closed on the busiest time fo year.

Hope it opens again, it was one of the last proper pubs left in the area!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 10:30am
hope its not for good ,class boozer the shrew
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 10:31am
Why did`nt he apply for the license befor taking over the pub,surely logic must prevail.
Posted By: AR_One Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 10:33am
Don't really know any details other than what another disapointed punter told me.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 6:14pm
Originally Posted by dava2479
Why did`nt he apply for the license befor taking over the pub,surely logic must prevail.

well from experiance in dealing with pubs and licensing authorities you cant apply for a pub until you have met a certain requirment due to the new laws which now require anyone interested in becoming a licensee you need to compleate a NCPLH course lasting 3 days before they even think about becomin a licensee once passed it then takes 14 days to receive the license you are then eligable to apply for the pub premises license once granted this license after bein torn apart by a panel of judges which include the cheif fire officer the cheif police officer once there pleased with you it then takes a further 14 days i think to recieve the license to sell alcahol on the premises you applied for so yes its a bit of a ball ache especially right on top of xmas so i cant understand some people i really cant but in answer to you dave you cant apply for any license for a pub before hand untill you ave either transferred from one pub to this one or compleated this 3 day NCPLH course
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 6:50pm
Thanks for setting me straight on this Scott,I was under the impression you could.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: The Shrew Closed? - 22nd Dec 2008 6:52pm
Originally Posted by dava2479
I was under the impression you could.

why is that dave

Posted By: DavidB Re: The Shrew Closed? - 23rd Dec 2008 11:17pm
And all in one breath as well!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral