Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Behave or you might lose your home - 13th Dec 2008 1:57pm
NEW powers to tackle anti-social behaviour across Wirral have come into force this week as part of a Government scheme.

Under the closure orders a property where persistent disorder is reported can be closed temporarily. They work in a similar way to current “crack house'” closure orders that allow premises where the misuse of Class A drugs is causing serious disorder to local residents to be closed for a period of time.

The powers, which are available to police and local authorities, are tenure-neutral and apply to any home, including owner-occupied properties.

Premises can also include residential properties, common areas next to properties, factories, shops, pubs and clubs, public buildings, community centres or halls and car parks.

The affected properties can remain sealed for a further three months, up to a maximum of six months, but other interventions will be used alongside the power to resolve the problem in the longer-term.

Caroline Laing, manager of Wirral's anti-social behaviour team said: “The Home Office has responded to requests from practitioners and enacted this significant piece of legislation.

“While use of this power will not be Wirral's first response to a situation, it is a robust tool and will hopefully provide a significant deterrent to individuals who are either responsible for, or fail to adequately control, anti-social behaviour at their premises.”

Posted By: Wheels Re: Behave or you might lose your home - 13th Dec 2008 2:44pm
does that mean i can get an asbo on next doors kids who keep playing football outside my house and hitting my windows and putting bomb bags through my door?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Behave or you might lose your home - 13th Dec 2008 5:33pm
Wirral ASB Team are a waste of space as far as I am concerned - no use to me when we were trying to get some order next door.
I got sick of filling out incident reports. And then when they did want to take some action it would have involved putting my family, myself and our property (cars included) in a vulnerable position. Needless to say the male has left the female in the lurch. All I need now is for the hag to disappear too.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Behave or you might lose your home - 13th Dec 2008 5:38pm
They have helped tidy up my flats no end, so they do an okay job, but it takes so long to get anything done.

I think what the problem is, is getting the first order; after that, it makes it much easier for them to get further order's, in the same area.

Our area became an ASBO Watch area for 12 months, which meant anyone who stepped out of line, could be given an ASBO very easily. And of course, this would lead to accelerated eviction.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral