Forums
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 28th Nov 2008 11:07pm
TWO dogs were saved by Merseyside Fire Service's rescue boat after falling into the River Mersey at Eastham Ferry.

A passer-by raised the alarm on Monday afternoon after the animals were seen drifting away from the shoreline.

Rescuers found the pair panicked and stranded 40 yards apart at Eastham Ferry. They had escaped from a garden in Eastham and were later taken to a holding kennel before being reunited with their owner.

Paul Donnelly, a crewman with the brigade's marine rescue team, said: "When we found the dogs they were in an area with a really steep bank.

"The female managed to half pull herself to safety but the male was struggling. We went to him first and reversed the lifeboat up to him so we could coax him on board. He was so exhausted he collapsed the moment he made it onto the boat.

"The dogs were frightened. The female was distressed because she couldn't reach the male and they were obviously heavy because they were soaking wet.

"We brought them ashore and gave them water and food and towel-dried them. They were lovely dogs. Both of them were so amiable
Posted By: Wench Re: Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 28th Nov 2008 11:18pm
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - glad they are ok though.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 28th Nov 2008 11:23pm
I bet they shook themselves real good and soaked everyone when they got out lol.
i hope so lmao raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 29th Nov 2008 1:45am
Wirral dogs rescued from Mersey after falling in at Eastham Ferry
thumbsup

[youtube]dblgGuxgMAA[/youtube]
ill get into trouble here if i say what i think!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 29th Nov 2008 10:17am
what do you think, I can see any thing other to say than good job all round.
only joking...im a dog person...but not a cat person!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Dogs rescued after falling into the Mersey - 29th Nov 2008 2:04pm
Awe I'm glad . smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral