Forums
Posted By: Angel_x Text i received please beware - 14th Oct 2008 10:14pm
A Police woman has said that there is a man goin round in a black hackney picking up group's of girls dropping them off and the last one he has been raping them it's happend 10 times in liverpool and on the wirral he is hackney looks normal but without the serial number on the back warn all the girls you know
Posted By: Wheels Re: Text i received please beware - 14th Oct 2008 10:42pm
C*nt ! hope her burns in hell!
Posted By: Shambo Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 3:57am
Can we have a source please? I don't want to make light of such a serious subject but I'd have thought this would be headline news, especially if it has happened ten times.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 6:25am
Originally Posted by Shambo
Can we have a source please? I don't want to make light of such a serious subject but I'd have thought this would be headline news, especially if it has happened ten times.

I received a text message From my cousin and asked Ste if i should post. If i find any more out i will let you know!
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 7:49am
Originally Posted by angel_x

I received a text message From my cousin and asked Ste if i should post. If i find any more out i will let you know!

think

This prompted Me to have a look online at local news pages and found nothing.
So I emailed my cousin about where She got the information from
so I could check it out as it is serious information

My reply was off Her friend
When asked to find out from her "FRIEND" Where she got the info from I was send a snotty reply back

"says in the text she got it from a police woman thats what she texted me i dont see why she would text something like that if it wasn't true!!"

So i really dont know if it is true or not!
I will be keeping my eyes and ear's open on this one! omg

On receiving that text my first thoughts was OMG and Automatically you pass it on!

So thanks Shambo for bringing it up to look for a source!
Thats what i will be doing from now on whenever i receive information like that!

Right hope you all have a good day I'm off to college!

Posted By: CustomIce Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 9:19am
Sounds like a bad thing to say, but these are often hoaxes, but it's always wise to check the plate on any cab you get into, and the driver's card.

But being vigilant won't harm
Posted By: J800NN0 Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 10:50am
Sounds like an urban legend this one to scare the teenagers into not going out and drinking, regardless i shall hunt the git down an cut his hands off.
Posted By: Wench Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 11:19am
Unfortunately, it's not QUITE urban legend. It did happen in Wigan recently, but has also happened several times in Liverpool too - one or two cases are still in Court now.

Even so, it still pays to be vigilant. Easy things like pre-book your taxi or call a firm you know well and ask the despatcher to tell the driver to tell YOU your name. If the driver can't do this - don't get in!

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 11:40am
spoken to colleagues..hoax...sorry to disapoint
Posted By: Wench Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 11:48am
Thanks for that Audi - it's always good to clear these things up. I must admit, I did laugh when I first read this as it would have been front page news had it been true. But then I guess that's what comes with age - you get a nose for these things raftl
Posted By: Shambo Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 7:03pm
Fair play for double checking angel_x. I'm glad it was a hoax... It just didn't scan for me.

In our media saturated world, were constantly bombarded with stories of terrible things showing how the world is going to hell in a handcart. Truth is, society isn't getting any more deviant than it's ever been, you just get to hear more sensational stories about it when it does.

Whilst vigilance is to be commended, because there's no denying the is some sick people out there, I take everything I read or hear with a large pinch of salt, whatever the source. If you didn't you'd be too scared to leave the house. This misanthropic urban myth plays on that sensation. Thankfully the world isn't quite as dangerous as some people would have you belive.

Just by coincidence, I was doing a bit of reading up about urban myths last night. Maybe thats why I had to question your text message. It's a textbook urban myth. Have a link.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 7:27pm
Fair play for double checking angel_x. I'm glad it was a hoax... It just didn't scan for me.

In our media saturated world, were constantly bombarded with stories of terrible things showing how the world is going to hell in a handcart. Truth is, society isn't getting any more deviant than it's ever been, you just get to hear more sensational stories about it when it does.

Whilst vigilance is to be commended, because there's no denying the is some sick people out there, I take everything I read or hear with a large pinch of salt, whatever the source. If you didn't you'd be too scared to leave the house. This misanthropic urban myth plays on that sensation. Thankfully the world isn't quite as dangerous as some people would have you belive.

Just by coincidence, I was doing a bit of reading up about urban myths last night. Maybe thats why I had to question your text message. It's a textbook urban myth. Have a link.

I'm glad you did question it hun opened my eyes to prompting me to question it myself! happy

Thanks for the link too! smile
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 10:28pm
wife woman got that text too, but no harm in vigilance (does that itch)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Text i received please beware - 15th Oct 2008 10:31pm
me burd got it today.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Text i received please beware - 7th Nov 2008 4:00pm
looks like its true.
click hear------> Witness appeal after sex attack

**and hear**
Posted By: Shambo Re: Text i received please beware - 7th Nov 2008 4:06pm
Ah FFS! What a horrible world.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Text i received please beware - 7th Nov 2008 4:11pm
bad for black cab business
Posted By: hoseman Re: Text i received please beware - 7th Nov 2008 7:52pm
NEWS Today, it is actually sort of true!
there has been 2 instances, one in Liverpool and one in Birkenhead, both same situations!
Unlicenced cabbie pics up girl and assaults her! The police are saying that it is NOT a serial rapist!
Hmmmmm..........! think
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Text i received please beware - 8th Nov 2008 3:04pm
yeah i saw this on the bbc news website last night

be vigilent girls
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Text i received please beware - 8th Nov 2008 4:04pm
Surely he can't be that hard to trace!
How many unlicenced black cabs are there in the north west somad
Posted By: spinking Re: Text i received please beware - 8th Nov 2008 4:13pm
Originally Posted by angel_x
A Police woman has said that there is a man goin round in a black hackney picking up group's of girls dropping them off and the last one he has been raping them it's happend 10 times in liverpool and on the wirral he is hackney looks normal but without the serial number on the back warn all the girls you know

Wife got the same text about a month ago from her mate who got it from a friend also.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral