Forums
Posted By: paper_boy Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 6:38am
I'm a reporter on the Echo. Been reading Chris Kay's stuff about the recently uncovered Tranmere Tunnels ventilation shaft on the history page with interest. Get in contact Chris! If you would let me use the pic of the shaft and give me some details would look to do a story on it - with the calls for it to be opened as an attraction by the council. [email protected]
I did something on it for Wirral News a few years back, with a timeline of construction/its use as a ministry of agriculture food store after the war and stuff like that - an interview with one of the lads who got stuck down there and the firemen that rescued him etc. It's full of crumbling asbestos too so don't go breaking in!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 6:46am
Hi paperboy smile
Check this out... Click me
This is our Bidston hill tunnel venture, these have now been sealed forever and we think thats what will eventually happen to the Tramere ones frown
We had a look round these ones, everythings in the link, enjoy smile
Posted By: paper_boy Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 8:02am
I read this at the time! To be honest was thinking of doing something on that too but thought might get some of you chaps in trouble! Certainly seems a waste to have these structures just rotting - they've done loads with their tunnels in Exeter. Think because construction was going on on Holborn Hill it gives us a good excuse to do something.
You're a braver man than me going under Bidston...
Posted By: chriskay Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 8:53am
@ paper_boy; you have e-mail
Posted By: Paul450 Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 10:54am
chris it's [email protected]
Posted By: chriskay Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 12:32pm
Thanks, Paul; it was a statement, not a question. (I know where the question mark key is). wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 6:00pm
Originally Posted by paper_boy
I read this at the time! To be honest was thinking of doing something on that too but thought might get some of you chaps in trouble! Certainly seems a waste to have these structures just rotting - they've done loads with their tunnels in Exeter. Think because construction was going on on Holborn Hill it gives us a good excuse to do something.
You're a braver man than me going under Bidston...

Unlikely to get us in trouble with the Birkenhead Tunnels
as apparently the police have watched them so a councilor
informed me and chris and came to the conclusion that we
were there in a positive way and not destructive.

I believe we have the most accurate map of Bidston Tunnels
measured and mapped, videos and pictures smile

If it gets some attention all the better for them and us smile

Well that's my opinon anyway.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 10:03pm
If the council used their heads they may benefit from opening these tunnels and doing tours sleep
Posted By: hoseman Re: Can anyone help?! - 30th Jul 2008 11:19pm
If the council used their heads they may benefit from opening these tunnels and doing tours
Sorry, but that would mean them doing a bit in the public interest!! Cant see THAT happening TOO soon!! doh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Can anyone help?! - 1st Aug 2008 11:42pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
If the council used their heads they may benefit from opening these tunnels and doing tours sleep

withstupid
© Wirral-Wikiwirral