Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 4:49pm
Just been to Burleydam, took half an hour to drive the usual 5 minute drive, coming back its absolute murder around Hooton/Willaston/Ellesmere Port. A lorry has gone over on the M53.

Went back via the M53 S from J5, tailbacks for miles, took 5 minutes to go up the sliproad, took another 20 minutes to get past the tailback, got free at just past J6, avoided J7 like the plague and came off at J9. The tailbacks on the Northbound were well past J9, couldnt see how far they went back so I assume they are hitting J10 at least.

Avoid these routes if you are on you're way out. Will get me photos up in a sec.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 4:58pm
scrap wagon tunrned over this morning mate, right by jct 6, load allover m/way.... a new 4x4 then hit debris and mounted it and central reservation.... m/way closed at jct 7, all traffic being diverted up to a41... saw it this morning bout 11 am on wayb to warrington, then got stuck in diversion route comin back... took me 1 hr 30 to come back from warrington...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 4:59pm
Here we go, took em on me fone, safer then gettin the camera out!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

smile

Attached picture DSC00313b.jpg
Attached picture DSC00314.JPG
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:00pm
good lad matty wink ya caught this one laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:02pm
Originally Posted by jonah
scrap wagon tunrned over this morning mate, right by jct 6, load allover m/way.... a new 4x4 then hit debris and mounted it and central reservation.... m/way closed at jct 7, all traffic being diverted up to a41... saw it this morning bout 11 am on wayb to warrington, then got stuck in diversion route comin back... took me 1 hr 30 to come back from warrington...

Jeeze so its bin like this all day omg

Absolute murder locally, as you say, the northbound carriageway is completely shut off from J7 onwards, the southbound is down to 1 lane from J5 to J6 (just passed the crash area) madness!

1hr30 to get from Warrington, I can easily believe that matey; mind you it takes Pomp that long on a good day grin
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:03pm
my mr2 could be amongst all that scrap heading for china laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:04pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
good lad matty wink ya caught this one laugh

Yes, unfortunatly! We had just bought a load more tropical fish and needed to get home within a certain timeframe. Fortunatly though, passed the crashsite at J6, the southbound is quite free flowing.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:05pm
yeah, i heard bout this on thye radio in work, peeps were phoning in 96.7 to warn peeps smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:13pm
Lol I never listen to the radio except when the cat has it on tease
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:27pm
i have no choice, it the spray fellas radio and he` has it loud mad
lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:30pm
Haha gutted, wouldnt have been so bad if it was Talksport or summit, but Radio shitty, ffs, they have a playlist of about 6 tunes that Emap want to sell in the shops, and they play the same tunes over and over and over in the daytime haha!

I feel for ye!! grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:40pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Part of the M53 motorway has been closed after a lorry jack-knifed, hitting another lorry and a car. The crash happened on the northbound carriageway between junctions seven at Ellesmere Port and five at Hooton.

The Highways Agency said one of the lorries was carrying scrap metal, some of which has spilled onto the carriageway. An empty oil tanker was also struck in the incident, which happened at about 1100 BST on Thursday.

The car driver was taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries and shock. The motorway remains closed between junctions six and seven.

Drivers are being advised to avoid the area if possible until further notice. The outside southbound lane was also shut for a time but has since re-opened.

A police investigation into the incident has opened.

At least the car driver is safe, doesn't mention either lorry driver though frown

BBC News Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:43pm
just see this looks really bad just taken me hour and a half to get from chester
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 5:51pm
Originally Posted by fordsteve
just see this looks really bad just taken me hour and a half to get from chester

Ouch!!
Posted By: Mark Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 6:58pm
Heard about it, it sounded bad and looks bad too :OMG:
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 7:02pm
i took the back way home so seen right over were it happend and look like they were no were near ready to open motorway up looked like it just happend was going to take pic but dont think the big line o cars behind me would of been happy with me
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 7:22pm
Just been out, and Ellesmere Port isd still quite busy with a flood of cars and jams in certain area's, so I assume it is still not cleared!!

frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 7:29pm
hope the truck drivers are okay frown thought it would of well been cleared by now.

They must still be investigating the incident so it must be serious frown
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 7:30pm
when i seen it mate looks like it going to take a good few hours to clean that lot up
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 7:32pm
Yeah
Posted By: Wheels Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 8:24pm
i got bloody caught up in it frown pain in the ass
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 15th May 2008 8:27pm
Gutted for you Wheels frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Todays Routes To Avoid: M53 & A41 - 16th May 2008 12:24pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Motorway is reopened after crash
The M53 motorway has re-opened after being closed when a lorry jack-knifed, hitting another lorry and a car.

The crash happened on the northbound carriageway between junctions seven at Ellesmere Port and five at Hooton.

The Highways Agency said one of the lorries was carrying scrap metal, some of which had spilled onto the lanes.

An empty oil tanker was also struck in the incident, which happened at about 1100 BST on Thursday.

The car driver was taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries and shock.

The motorway was fully re-opened shortly after 2100 BST. A police investigation into the incident has opened.

BBC News Report
© Wirral-Wikiwirral