Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Apparantly - 6th May 2008 6:30pm
Theres been a suicide near birkenhead tunnels or wallasey? Someone mentioned it as i was walking home cause Laird Street, Conway Street is jam packed with traffic?? Anyone been near or heard anything.. ?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 7:00pm
and so what..why does the public take such intrest in such macabre circumstances..
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 7:13pm
Yeah, wallasey poulton bridge, by oakdale road. mad it took me nearly half hour to get home from work (which is only bout 2 miles away).
Local fuzz were tryna scoop up the bits quick so noone could see. (pity i didn`t have my camera) Am a sick t**t like that see.
Anyway audi dude, as you see it all the time it doesn`t interest you because your used to it.
The public on the other hand question things like that because it doesn`t happen in their everyday lives and its different to the way you see it.
I on the otherhand am used to such sickness thanks to sites such as ogrish (now liveleak & nowhere near as bad), rotten, phreak and the like.
So blah blah, seen it all before but ten times worse wink
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 7:25pm
You sick b*stard lol.

Thing that makes me sad is that someones family is going to be very upset tonight frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 7:34pm
Oh dear, didn`t think of that.
I have sympathy for the relatives of the person injured in this terrible tragedy frown
Posted By: Mark Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 8:18pm
I heard about the delays on the radio but they voiced it as an accident, and then every one diverted to Birkenhead Tunnel
and loads of delays.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 9:13pm
traffic at the birkenhead tunnel was snarled up too because of a fire on the a41, its all kicking off!
Posted By: GaryB Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 9:20pm
Yeah, came across a road block with fuzz everywhere. I did wonder what was going on, I realised it might have been a suicide as it was only the bridge closed. Harsh.

RIP
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apparantly - 6th May 2008 9:29pm
Definatly suicide, cops have been in our local chippy but wont give any more details until the family have been informed.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 7:08am
ohhh dear frown
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 10:26am
Yes is was suicide. I seen it sick

They jumped from the small bridge by St Pauls Road Seacombe. The entrance to the Tunnel (Wallasey) Its the second one i have seen! frown
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 2:26pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
Yes is was suicide. Its the second one i have seen! frown

i lead such a boring life it would seem :|
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 2:55pm
??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 6:19pm
Hey peaches, you`ve seen it twice?
Kinda freaky don`t you think?

Nobody knows who the victim was yet.
No flowers or owt at the scene either.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 7:54pm
Drivers fume at chaos in tunnels
May 7 2008 by Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

TRAFFIC havoc hit both sides of the Mersey last night as a chemical fire and a suspected suicide caused commuter chaos in the tunnels.

Drivers faced huge tailbacks in Liverpool, Birkenhead and Wallasey as the Kingsway and Queensway routes were shut down.

The drama unfolded at 3.30pm after a blaze at an oil and solvents factory warehouse.

Up to 100 barrels, some containing 250 litres of solvents, were at the heart of the fire in New Chester Road, Tranmere.

Ten fire engines from Kirkdale, Liverpool city centre and Wirral were called to the Pack2Pack premises.

The processing area, a 30m x 20m building, went up in flames as workers were pouring oil and solvent residue from large barrels

Five teams of firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze.

About 40m square of roof cladding was damaged along with 20m of wall cladding.

Area manager Dan Stephens said the fire was quickly extinguished and damage was minimal.

To deal with the fire police closed off the north bound A41 before shutting down both lanes for about two hours.

Commuters in the Queensway tunnel were caught up in long traffic jams as police closed the exits to the A41 at the toll booths and diverted traffic.

Just over an hour later, at around 4.45pm, police were called to the entrance to the Kingsway tunnel after reports of a man falling from a bridge.

Paramedics attended the scene on the Wallasey side, near Wheatland Lane, where they discovered the body.

A doctor tried to save the man but he died from his injuries.

A police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Nearby CCTV footage will be checked but early indications are that the man, believed to be in his 30s, committed suicide.

The Liverpool-bound carriageway of the Kingsway tunnel was closed and a contraflow set up on the Wirral-bound side.

A Merseytravel spokesman said there had been a lot of congestion around the tunnels but they had done as much as they could to get traffic moving as quickly as possible.

The man’s death led to traffic chaos at peak time and caused gridlock in Liverpool city centre and Wallasey.

Posted By: chiccy Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 8:13pm
Originally Posted by Totopop

Nobody knows who the victim was yet.
No flowers or owt at the scene either.
i heard that today made me feel really sad frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 8:14pm
Nice avatar man wink
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 10:16pm
Originally Posted by Totopop

Yer defo.. I live right by the bridge!

I've seen alot of freaky things, Somebody jumped infront of the train i was on once in France to BCN. We all had to get off, were told to go inside but i stayed outside and just sat on the floor so couldnt really see me. Well once they moved the train from that part of the track i thought i was going to be sick. Head was no longer attached to body.. few body bits all over the track. Will never forget it.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Apparantly - 7th May 2008 11:56pm
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
??

i never see anything "good" is wot i meant... (makes me sound pretty morbid come to think of it)

maybe i should move back to the wirral lol
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 8th May 2008 12:51pm
Yer crazy things happen in the wirral, iv been faced with loads of mad things, i man was shot in my road years ago (i was very young)
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Apparantly - 8th May 2008 4:51pm
guy got stabbed and murdered by his brother over the road from mine on new years eve when i was about 8 lol... was over a bike seemingly
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 8th May 2008 9:33pm
gee wizz! what road did you live in?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Apparantly - 8th May 2008 11:12pm
boulton avenue, new ferry (not the one in west kirby lol)
Posted By: Peachy Re: Apparantly - 9th May 2008 10:16am
New ferry ses it all! haha.. I'm only messin with ya.

I can't talk i'm currently livin in Seacombe. shh
Posted By: chiccy Re: Apparantly - 9th May 2008 12:53pm
do they even know who this person is yet?? frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral