Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Apr 2008 10:35pm
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of 11-year-old Liverpool schoolboy Rhys Jones who was shot as he walked home from playing football.

Gary Kayes, 25, and Melvyn Coy, 24, both of Croxteth, and three youths, aged 15, 16 and 17, are charged with assisting an offender.

The 16-year-old has also been charged with possessing a firearm. They will appear before magistrates on Thursday.

Rhys was killed by a gunman on a bicycle in Croxteth Park in August.

Those charged will appear before Liverpool Magistrates' Court.

A total of 13 people were arrested on Tuesday and Wednesday in connection with the youngster's death.

Three people aged 54, 50 and 49, and a 16-year-old youth have been released on bail pending further inquiries. A 22-year-old man was also bailed on Tuesday night.

I hope they got the right little shit and they lock him up and throw away the key!!

BBC News Report
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Apr 2008 11:25pm
yeah, just read it on the telegraph website.
bring back the death penalty mad
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 17th Apr 2008 8:56am
bet he gets a new life and protected jail time etc etc, jamie buldger springs to mind
Posted By: chiccy Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 17th Apr 2008 9:05am
i actually dont know what to say! i have loads to say but wont make sence IYSMIM! grr little barstard!!!!
IYSWIM*** ??? lol

send him to china, sure they'll find a use for him lol
Posted By: chiccy Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 17th Apr 2008 11:11am
withthat speep deprived forgive me sorry
sleep too? tease lol
Posted By: Wench Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Dec 2008 1:44pm
IYSWIM = If you see what I mean.

The Jury have just returned a Guilty verdict on Sean Mercer - he will be sentenced this afternoon clap

RIP Rhys - I hope his family can now start to rebuild their life, although how you would is beyond me.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Dec 2008 2:14pm
Just heard that too - Life will just be too good the the little fook!!!
RESULT.....hope he gets used to playing mummies and daddies inside..they got some fresh meat coming their way!
Posted By: Wench Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Dec 2008 3:05pm
raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Teenager Charged With Murder Of Rhys Jones - 16th Dec 2008 3:22pm
Sorry folks. I've said it before and I'll say it AGAIN and AGAIN.
Medical experiments on the little sh*ts AND stop subjecting innocent animals to a (short)life (and death) of misery !

The "parents" (a very loose term) of these ... bags need a "knock on the door".

Very non-PC ??? You bet!
Wasn't his mother charged with perverting the course of justice as she gave him an alibi?
Posted By: Anonymous Rhys Jones murder: Full text of judge's statement - 16th Dec 2008 6:38pm

Mr Justice Irwin's comments before sentencing the defendants

Rhys Jones died at your hands. His death was a tragedy for him and for his family, a waste of a promising, young life. His parents' dignity throughout this process has been deeply impressive to any of us who have seen it. The way they have behaved has been a standing reproach to those in the dock, and particularly to you Mercer, who killed their son. But it is clear that their composure conceals searing emotions, which we can guess at, but which those of us who have not lost a child can hardly fully understand. The impact upon them and upon Rhys's brother is enormous.

There is only one sentence for murder, in your case detention for life, in formal language detention at Her Majesty's pleasure, and that is the sentence I shall pass upon you.

It is necessary for me to set a minimum period to be served, before you can be eligible for release on licence. As I think has now become well known, this period is not the period you will serve. It is the minimum period you will serve, before you may even be considered for release. The decision whether you may ever be released will be taken many years from now and will reflect whether you are then thought to represent a risk to the public.

If you had committed this crime at the age of 18, the age you are today, the starting point set by statute for this minimum period would be 30 years. As it is, because you were just short of your 17th birthday at the time of the offence, the starting point is 12 years. It is to be emphasised that those starting points are no more than that. The period I set can and will vary widely from that starting point, reflecting what you have done and what I judge to have been your role, your approach, to what happened.

This offence arose from the stupid, brutal gang conflict which has struck this part of Liverpool. You were caught up in that from a young age, but it is clear you gloried in it. It is wrong to let anyone glorify or romanticise this kind of gang conflict. You are not soldiers. You have no discipline, no training, no honour.

You do not command respect. You may think you do, but that is because you cannot tell the difference between respect and fear. You are selfish, shallow criminals, remarkable only by the danger you pose to others.

ou were told that Brady and the others from Norris Green had been seen on the Croxteth Park estate, and you took that as an invasion of your territory, as if you had the right to territory, or to occupation of it. Or it may be you saw this as an opportunity. And so you armed yourself and set off. The CCTV evidence shows you hunting for your intended victims, first behind the Fir Tree public house, and then coming back round the end of the pub, when you saw Davies and McCabe circling far off, on their bicycles.

Then your aggression became alloyed with cowardice. You stopped by that wall, and fired at your intended victims from 70 yards across a pub car park, with bystanders all round, and with cars moving across the car park in the moments before you fired.

Your first shot nearly struck your intended victims, hitting a metal container about a foot from one of them. They fled as fast as they could. You tracked them, and fired twice more, arms extended, aiming shots with murderous intent, as the jury have rightly found. Your second shot cut down Rhys Jones. He died because of your brutality and because you are a coward.

You gave no evidence in your trial. In my view it is absolutely clear that you had no answer to the case against you. You proved you were a coward again. You did not admit what you had done, and the witnesses and Rhys Jones's family had to go through a two-month trial. You cannot be punished more for that, but you have of course lost any of the mitigation you might have had, if you had admitted what you did. Instead you engaged in a conscious effort to destroy the evidence which might lead to your detection, an effort which sucked in your co-defendants.

You have a previous conviction for possessing a prohibited weapon earlier in 2007, but I do not hold that as a significant separate factor in sentencing you, since I have little doubt it arose from your gang involvement, which I certainly do take into account as aggravating this offence.

This killing involved the use of a firearm; involved a degree of planning, both in order to be ready for the continuing conflict by having firearms quickly available to you, and over a short time in relation to the incident itself. It is aggravated by the danger your actions represented to the public – you turned this ordinary car park into a dangerous place, something which produces huge public dismay.

I am quite satisfied that you intended to kill one or both of the two young men from Norris Green, if you could do it without getting too close to them and putting yourself at any risk. You shot at them, intending to hit them with a large calibre bullet. You then set about a systematic attempt to avoid being arrested, destroying evidence and pressurising witnesses.

Although you are not separately charged with such offences, the verdicts in relation to your co-defendants and the probe evidence make clear that was what you were doing.

It is also true that your victim was young, and could be considered vulnerable, although anyone walking across that car park would have been vulnerable to what you did. Those are all aggravating features of this offence. So is the gang element to it, which means that this sentence must have a deterrent element.

There is one other factor which I bear in mind. This offence took place within a day of the first anniversary of another killing, a killing by other members of the Croxteth gang, of a young man from Norris Green. Liam Smith died on Wednesday 23 August 2006, shot down when ambushed outside Altcourse prison. Rhys Jones died as the trial for that murder approached its close. I have no doubt you were well aware of all that. The fact that another young man had been killed a year before did not make you hold back. It may even have encouraged you.

Apart from your age, which I have already mentioned and which I do take into account, there are no mitigating factors here. Your age determines the starting point and has thus been strongly reflected already in the sentencing process I have gone through.

I accept that you were not mature, although it appears to me it was your personality not your immaturity which was the key in this story. In relation to your age and your personality, it is relevant to mention that despite being only 16, you clearly took the lead in the events of that day.

Rhys Jones's life is gone. We do not take a life for a life, although even if you are released, you will be under licence and supervised for as long as you live, liable to immediate recall to prison if you do anything wrong. However, the proper punishment here will have the effect that you will not emerge from prison, even at the earliest, for a very long time. You are 18 now. Then you will be at least on the verge of being a middle-aged man.

The minimum period to be served here is one of 22 years. You have served 243 days on remand, and that period falls to be deducted from the minimum period to be served.

Accordingly, the punishment for this crime is that you serve detention for life. You must serve a minimum period from today of 21 years, 122 days before you can be considered for release on licence.

Take him down.
pity it wasnt " and you shall be hung by the neck until dead"......but then what would that serve...let him loose in the prison...for everyone to know what he has done..and deal with him accordingly...
Why did he kill him though? Was it meant for someone else?
Horrible little gangster wannabe shit.
I think it's safe to say he will not last long if he ends up in Walton!
Originally Posted by Station
Why did he kill him though? Was it meant for someone else?
Horrible little gangster wannabe shit.

He was being a Gang lad shooting at a Rival gang members across the car park. He missed all of them ( 3 ) i think,
and hit poor Rhys in the Neck.

In the wrong place at the wrong time.

Apparently he cracked a Joke to a fellow Gang member in the Dock.
And has shown NO remorse at all for his actions.

1 person came forward that brought it all together and enabling
the police to prosecute. That person has witness protection
which means a new name and a new life with the fear of possibly
his what was gang coming after him in the future.

I pleased that this case did come to an end.
And all Guilty parties caught.

I dont say it much but well done Merseyside Police. . .
withthat The police crack cases all the time, it just the ones they crew up on that get the coverage.

Im happy they got thi one sorted out. Scummy little gang/chav wannabe. He should rot in hell !!

That Transcript is also interesting reading. Hopefully it made the little scab cack his pants.
I can't believe the mentality of this girl!! So glad her boyfriend has been locked up so that they can't breed!!!
Un-fookin-believeable!!! mad

Speechless!!!

The penultimate paragraph fills me with hope that most of them won't be able to breed though - "She said: 'Most of the lads from Croxteth are in jail. There's no one left."
saw some surveilance footage of these ***** (cant find words for them) - i still stand by my idea of justice... take them out into the middle of shark infested waters, miles off the coast and make them walk off the plank...
nah..i think the best quote is

She said: 'It was the bizzies' fault. They saw it coming. The shootings had been building up for years. But they didn't do anything to stop it. They just let it carry on and then Rhys Jones was killed.

you know fook me...its gotta be OUR fault that he decided to go get a gun and shoot someone..i mean..how could it be anything other than our fault!

I mean...WTF is this girl on? and the scary thing is that is not a minority of peoples attitude towards the police esp in liverpool.
Well Audi, I for one appreciate our local police force. Its a tough job and someone has to do it - I appreciate those people who decide they want to do that job.
Well done Merseyside Police, Im sorry but in my personal past experience, i dont have faith in the police force (keep catching me!!) but credit where due!
Im glad all this is over and Rhys`s family can now try to rebuild their lives.
As for that chav inbred moron of a girlfriend....... fooking stupid bitch!!!
And as for justice, nothing would be TOO harsh for the gangster wannabe, just see him crying himself to sleep on his bunk at night, wondering who`s bitch he will be in the morning!!
Anyone from HMPS, pass it around people, ride him like an express train, you have the British publics permission!!! bananalove
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rhys Jones murder: Full text of judge's statement - 17th Dec 2008 3:40pm
what a silly cow, no
Wonder if she will wait for him .... think
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Well Audi, I for one appreciate our local police force. Its a tough job and someone has to do it - I appreciate those people who decide they want to do that job.

withthat I'm old enough to remember the days when the mere mention of the Police being called was enough of a deterrent!! I remember as a child playing knick knock on doors. The old lady called the Police and we were taken home by them. We got a clip round the ear from the Police, a clip round the ear from Mum for bringing the Police to the door, a clip round the ear from Dad for upsetting Mum and then marched to the old lady's house to get another clip round the ear for scaring her!!

How she can blame the Police I'll never know. Did the Police sell them the guns?? NO!

I daren't start - it would be a very long, very ascerbic post!!
Posted By: Anonymous RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 5:19am

RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE

EVIL Sean Mercer’s gobby girlfriend has been bombarded with death threats after hailing Rhys Jones’s killer a “hero”.

Kelly Marshall is in hiding in fear for her life after her sick “tribute” outraged her council estate.

Now the 17-year-old wannabe model is pleading with Mercer’s former Croxteth Crew gang pals to protect her.

Mercer, 18, was caged for a minimum 22 years for gunning down 11-year-old Everton fan Rhys as he walked home from football practice in August last year.

But Marshall claimed he was “a lovely lad and a hero” and praised the way he had not “grassed” on anyone.

Yesterday, after her senseless rant had been exposed, Marshall fled her usual haunts on Liverpool’s Croxteth estate telling one neighbour: “I need to keep my head down until all this s**t goes away.

“I don’t know what I said wrong but it’s all kicking off and I’m f***ing scared.”

Last night Marshall was warned to stay well away from the area.

Croxteth local David Brooke, 17, said: “She went out with Mercer before he killed Rhys, elbowed him, then got back together with him after the murder.

“She is out of her head with what she says.

“She thought that she was so clever standing up for him and earning respect for the Crew, but she has screwed herself big style.”

Another youth, 19, said: “I’ve heard she is scared s**tless she’s gonna get what’s due to her.

“What she said was bang out of order and an insult to little Rhys.”

And a 17-year-old girl added: “The little cow is running scared, and good riddance.”

Two other members of the Croxteth Crew were jailed for seven years for helping Mercer evade police and four more will be sentenced next year.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 8:57am
When she gets what`s coming to her.let us hail her attacker as a hero and we can sit back and watch her scratch her head wondering where the justice in it was.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 10:47am
well..obviously it will be the polices fault when she get kneecapped..cuz we didnt do anything about it....

if she thinks her little "gang" will protect her..and by sticking her head in the sand she will make it all go away...oh boy..i cant wait for the sequel!

lets get ready to rumble........
Posted By: MGCraig Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 10:54am
"the 17-year-old wannabe model"
“I need to keep my head down until all this s**t goes away."

“I don’t know what I said wrong but it’s all kicking off and I’m f***ing scared.”

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD....I HONESTLY CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM READING....

Shes an attention seeking whore, whos probably fathered 4 kids with 4 different father already....Theres also plenty more attractive girls out there willing to become models properly, and not support a Gutless, cowardly pathetic wannabe gangster, when all hes done is take the life of an innocent young lad..a life that cant be given back. And why? So he can gain fecking respect with some older lads..who think they own a pointless and worthless piece of ground !!!!!!!!!

I feel the need to drive to Croxteth now, and find the little bitch...Hurl eggs and Verbal abuse, and just follow her...just to make her really fooking scared..... BECAUSE SHE DAMN WELL SHOULD BE !!!!!!!!!!

Cant we invent another law like the terrorism act, if your found supporting them, get taken in?

(I wont ACTUALLY do this, as its against the law obviously...)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 10:59am
I cant belive the police allowed rhys to get shot, its terrible..................
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 11:08am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
I cant belive the police allowed rhys to get shot, its terrible..................

we did you know...just let it happen...apparently.

like fook we did!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 12:31pm
Aw poor poppet. I think they should have sent her to prison with him. She's an accessory, a cheap flimsy superficial one.
Posted By: hoseman Re: RHYS KILLER'S GIRL FEARS FOR HER LIFE - 19th Dec 2008 6:19pm
Audit, im sorry for some of the mindless fooking shite that you guys get at times, some people are best not allowed to breed! Is there such a thing as `teenage castration` my learned friend??
Only an inbred fuckwit could even try to pass this over to someone else.... but the Police!!!! doh
Maybe she meant it was the other crews fault for being out after Jackanory has finished, and being out on a school night!!! Maybe..! raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral