Forums
Posted By: paper_boy Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 8:10am
You can't refer to this gent as 'Purple Aki' in mainstream print anymore due to race/legal issues - but this is the guy...the childhood bogeyman himself. Been back in court.

"A PRISONER is appealing against an order banning him from touching men’s biceps.

Akinwale Arobieke is currently serving a 15-month jail sentence for breaching an interim sexual offences prevention order (SOPO) by feeling a young man’s biceps in a shopping centre in Preston.

The order banned Arobieke from asking young men if he could measure their muscles and requesting them to squat.

He was jailed in November, 2007, for the breach, but is due to be released on April 24. During his jail stretch, a five-day trial was held at Liverpool magistrates court where the SOPO order was made indef- inite. Akinwale, formerly of Cavendish Gardens, in Toxteth, did not attend the court hearing on February 14, but he has now decided to appeal the decision.

At a hearing at Liverpool Crown Court yesterday, it was revealed Arobieke is bidding to get the order overturned on the grounds some of the evid- ence against him was inadmissible.

A hearing is now expected to be held on June 9.

Arobieke was given the interim SOPO order weeks after being released from a six-year prison sentence imp- osed in 2003 for 15 counts of harassment and one of intimidating a witness."
Posted By: DavidB Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 10:42am
[Linked Image]

Always thought he was a myth until he appeared in the paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Aki
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 10:45am
lol, nah he's well real, and if he catches you he'll play with your muscles all day long
Posted By: Wheels Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 10:47am
uh uuuh! he is my top friend on my myspace smile lol
Posted By: spinking Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 11:43am
Originally Posted by Wheels

STAYING AWAY FROM YOU THEN YOU MUSCLE LOVER YOU raftl

I remember the stories about him in school.

One was he chased a young lad on to the 3rd rail at moreton train station and it killed the lad.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 28th Mar 2008 3:28pm
There is reference to him on the Urban Legends Website, which I posted in reference to Plank. This is the first time I could ever recall hearing of him; since then Jonno has told me a fair bit of info on the local fear and stories of him years ago when he was growing up.

smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 1:16am
Originally Posted by spinking
Originally Posted by Wheels

STAYING AWAY FROM YOU THEN YOU MUSCLE LOVER YOU raftl

I remember the stories about him in school.

One was he chased a young lad on to the 3rd rail at moreton train station and it killed the lad.

my next door neighbours mate.

He is a freak tho, plenty of scousers have a good laugh in work about him, the "stories" are funny.

check youtube if you wanna laugh.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 1:55am
Yes I am at uni in preston..and no..he didnt feel my arms....

Most Likely one of my mates actually hahahahaha......should I be scared??

I Think so....
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 7:28am
The legend that scared us when we were kids is that he asked a young lad to feel his muscles at newbrighton baths,the kid got scared and left but purple acki followed him.the kid ran and cut across the railway line in new brighton and fell on to the third rail.I personally only seen him once and it was on a bus we were that scared we got off at the next stop.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 10:42am
he was a bad man
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 2:42pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
he was a bad man

WAS, bloody was, IS A BAD MAN
Posted By: Pomp Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 3:43pm
He gave Cali a gd Spank [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 29th Mar 2008 4:17pm
pmsl, and he loved it
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 13th May 2008 7:29pm
legal aid springs to mind and you thought your money was being wasted.
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 13th May 2008 7:30pm
legal aid springs to mind and you thought your money was being wasted.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 13th May 2008 7:48pm
lol, ran thru central park late after being at my mates many a time in fear of being captured by `purple aki`

omg

As i grew up i too thought he was a myth.
Posted By: Sludge Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 13th May 2008 8:21pm
He was and and still is a big sh-t bag who only preyed on young boys , he got a larger than life reputation amongst all the school kids during the mid 80,s , to a point of hysteria .
F-kcing peado nonce mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 14th May 2008 7:12pm
Originally Posted by Sludge
He was and and still is a big sh-t bag who only preyed on young boys , he got a larger than life reputation amongst all the school kids during the mid 80,s , to a point of hysteria .
F-kcing peado nonce mad

spot on m8 withthat
Posted By: philmch Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 14th May 2008 9:24pm
Originally Posted by Sludge
F-kcing peado nonce mad

I agree with you Sludge. The man is nothing but a pathetic slug who got his fearsome reputation by bullying little kids and such.

Hopefully, he'll end up sharing a cell with some big nutter from the BNP who doesn't appreciate having his muscles examined.
Posted By: Sludge Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 14th May 2008 9:37pm
Is right mate ,cant believe how some people used talk about him as some loveable rogue, like a local folklore figure , Hes a nasty piece of work , who should not be allowed to breath fresh air . F-kcing peado mad somad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 10:11am
bring back hanging i will do the job for free. i would be more than happy to put a rope round his neck a murdereds or any nonce.so r children can be safe and as a parent myself i can sleep better at night knowing that ... like this is of r streets (BRING BACK CAPITAL PUNISHMENT) whippy whippy whippy whippy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 12:26pm
lol, the government would much rather look after and reward criminals than punish them; these types of guys are the ones who are sent to "open" prisons ffs!!

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 1:26pm
dunno ye you are right there m8 (they do look after and reward criminals than punish them) its not on its us an are kids that should be looked after
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 1:34pm
Originally Posted by jason12677
dunno ye you are right there m8 (they do look after and reward criminals than punish them) its not on its us an are kids that should be looked after

When do Labour ever do anything in the interest of the working class?

grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 1:43pm
withstupid hahahaha happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 15th May 2008 6:07pm
lol grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 3rd Jul 2008 10:14pm
Aki's 'let me squeeze muscles' appeal

this nonce has launched an appeal to quash an order banning him from squeezing young boys’ muscles and demanding they squat.

But Liverpool Crown Court heard "infamous" Akinwale Arobieke compiled a "stalker’s manual" packed full of details about victims’ body measurements, contact numbers and families.

Police collected more than 100 complaints against the 6ft 5in 46-year-old centred around his "long-standing obsession with young men’s muscles".

Officers gathered so many that they eventually stopped taking statements.

Twenty-stone Arobieke was jailed for six years in 2003 for 16 counts of harassment.

He admitted having an "unusual interest in muscles, the development of muscles and the potential of young men to improve their physique".

While he served his sentence Merseyside police successfully applied for a sexual offences prevention order (SOPO).

But now Arobieke, who has never been convicted of a sexual assault, is trying to get the restrictive order overturned.

Posted By: jonno40 Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 4th Jul 2008 5:45pm
I have been aware of this goon since i was a kid and he was always known as a wrong un .I cant believe that our legal system is even entertaining this appeal.The man needs locking up never mind being banned from flexing or squeezing muscles.The echo states that he has never been convicted of any sexual assault but how long before he does commit this type of crime?
Posted By: Handbag Re: Purple Aki - blast from the past - 10th Jul 2008 4:19pm
Purple Aki was well known to young people around the Birkenhead North area when I was a teenager during the 80's. Local teenagers were terrified of him... It was rumoured that for a time he was sleeping rough in the old Church Building in Flaybrick Cemetary. He had a really bad reputation and if even half of what I heard is true he did a damn site worse then 'feel muscles', he was and still is a very dangerous nutjob.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral