Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 13th Feb 2008 3:26pm
We have just taken the dogs for a walk up Bidston hill and through Flaybrick cemetery and we were left gob smacked at the destruction and outright stupidity we came across. We did the same walk on Saturday just gone and none of this was there.

On the hill we came across two burnt out cars near to Bidston Hall(merc , BMW), on the road to the observatory ,which is obviously the new tip we came across a bath room suite, kitchen cupboards, a computer chair and table and several bin bags full of soiled nappies and a gang of yobs on a moto x bike who were ripping trees down as they went.

On walking through Flaybrick , close to the back entrance we came across more bathroom suites a burnt out motor bike and mountains of dumped domestic rubbish

Now apart from the cars these things have obviously been dumped by adults and builders..why. less than 1/2 a mile a way is the council tip which takes most rubbish and there is the Eric service. I have discovered that tradesmen have to pay so this explains the bath room suites but i would of thought that waste removal would of been included in the cost of the bathroom refit.
As for the cars imagine the damage that could of been caused to the hill if it had been drier when these went up in flames not to mention the loss of somebody's car. we bumped in to a fire prevention officer at Flaybrick and he informed us that they are getting called out to cars and rubbish fires in the immediate area nearly every day. i would also imagine that in the summer there would be a significant rat problem if the rubbish is still there. Rang the council and apparently they are aware but need the polices say so to remove the cars and the fly tipping is under investigation.

Bidston hill is steeped in history and needs looking after ,not sure what could be done though and is it coincidence that the kids are on holiday. mad
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 13th Feb 2008 4:44pm
Personlly I think that we need to simply ban all off-road motorcycles that aren't road-registered - as nearly all of the bikes owned by these twerps - they are simply too dangerous and also give the Police the powers to seize bikes being ridden where they shouldn't.

It's tools like the people who have dumped the rubbish who put up all of our council tax a we have to pay for the clean-up. The investiation might be more fruitfull that it appears as the Environment Agency investigates fly-tipping and is getting good at matching rubbish to people - you wouldn't beleive how fook-witted most fly-tippers are! And the EA have the power to prosecute.

Much of this must of happened today as I was up on the hill at sunrise this morning and I wish I had my camera the cathedral poking out of the mist was breath-taking!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 13th Feb 2008 6:06pm
If it was done today it just goes to show the extent of the problem apparently the observatory road was cleared on Friday mad
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 13th Feb 2008 9:01pm
wow some things never change, although it was always a mk 2 astra when i lived there
Posted By: hoseman Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Feb 2008 6:22pm
Anyone got a high powered rifle??
I would gladly camp out the night and surprise the lil darlings!!
Medal in the post please!! lamethrower
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Feb 2008 9:58pm
oh the you tube potential, I am picturing the scene
Posted By: vick1 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 17th Feb 2008 1:10am
The problem in the area is a few families. The police know who they are but rarely act because some streets around Laird Street are a no-go zone. Anyone living nearby knows who pinches the cars, who does the drug dealing and they are afraid to speak out. The police have done nothing to protect those making statements in the past. The problem was so bad at one point the regional crime squad set up a fake shop by the Co-Op and conducted surveillance for months. It caught quite a few of the locals involved in handling stolen goods and selling drugs. Most of them still are now. One street even had speed humps fitted when residents complained about stolen cars being raced up and down. They forgot to say it was their relatives and neighbours stealing them!
I used to live in the area and still have friends that do.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 17th Feb 2008 1:14am
i know when i left 16 years ago it was always the north end that was regarded as the poohhole (many nice folk to tho) I take it since all the houses fell down people must have been moved closer to the area you mention
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 17th Feb 2008 8:18am
I take your point vick1 ,i live in near by and the people where i live are good people and the majority in the area are but i can pinpoint one road where most of the problems arise from ,Naylor Road. Now I'm am not saying that it is everyone in this road just a few people but Wirral Partnership Homes must take some of the blame as there are over twenty derelict properties in the road and this is proving a magnet for the undesirables
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 18th Feb 2008 8:28am
What we need is more of this:

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html/wirral/initiatives/a4/03-12-evictions.htm

When people behave badly and don't resepect other people and their properties they need to lost their homes.

Jonno, I guess they must be running Naylor road down in preparation for demolition.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 18th Feb 2008 2:03pm
totally agree with ar one on this, any anti social behaviour should be treated like it is here in Newcastle, 3 strikes and out, been running just over a year now and very successful
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Feb 2008 11:41am
photos taken 23/02/08

Attached picture wikiwirral-6.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral-7.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral-8.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral-9.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral-10.jpg
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Feb 2008 12:00pm
That is getting really bad there now frown

Posted By: jonah Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Feb 2008 12:22pm
frown thats a disgrace, looks like Beruit....
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Feb 2008 4:44pm
Thats terrible..
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 24th Feb 2008 7:04pm
what a shit hole, is them houses getting redone or pulled down???
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 25th Feb 2008 9:36pm
Falling down naturally i guess.

The only hope is to knock them all down to half
way down the hill, because i suppose when you
live that far up you just dont care any more frown
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 25th Feb 2008 11:48pm
This area going to the dogs makes me really sad - I've got lots of happy memories of Bidston Hill and I like to walk the dog up there but it does fill me with dread what these little toe rags will of done next.

Is this something that we can set the Globe on to try and get sorted out?
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 26th Feb 2008 11:56pm
this is the top of the roads that come of Hoylake Road yes/no
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 27th Feb 2008 12:12am
Yep.
The houses past halfway down seem okay.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 27th Feb 2008 12:31am
I used to play there, it was not the hilton but nowhere near as bad as this
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Feb 2008 8:25am
"I used to play there, it was not the hilton but nowhere near as bad as this "

Bangkok Hilton?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 12th Apr 2008 7:09am
Well the low-life are still up to no good the area has suffered even more mindless vandalisim,fences ripped down and mangled ,trees ripped up,100yr + water fountain smashed to pieces and more fires started .I think covert cctv to try and catch the offenders maybe the answer but i doubt that this is high on the council or polices priority list because to the majority it is out of sight hence out of mind.I am starting to think that this particular little spot of the wirral is becoming a no go area for the authorities mad
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 12th Apr 2008 9:17am
I have some pictures of the fences down, i just need to find
the time to post them frown

It is a real shame this.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 12th Apr 2008 7:06pm
Vigilate group is whats needed wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 13th Apr 2008 12:09pm
The Pictures don't actually do it justice
it looks like its "just" a fence, but its 2 fences
and the water fountain (Drinking thing) that have been wrecked.

Attached picture wikiwirral001.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral002.jpg
Attached picture wikiwirral003.jpg
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 14th Apr 2008 1:07pm
That fountain is ruined.. somad
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Apr 2008 9:38pm
why does everything have to be destroyed
Posted By: hoseman Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Apr 2008 10:42pm
Told you all before, they have nothing a close range head shot wouldnt cure - ALL OF EM!!!!
lamethrower skull
Posted By: Schuu Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Apr 2008 8:41pm
I live in the lower half, (under Hoylake road), its not much better here.

The so called council, bulldozed one road and then left the derelict land to grow over. We then had to live with the rats, fly tipping, burntout cars did I mention the rats, the missing paving slabs (stolen by people wanting to flag their gardens), oh and of course there was the rats.

The road they demolished is now being done up, and the vandals are already in there wrecking whats being done.

Wirral partnership homes are completely useless, it takes months to get any repair work done down here, because they apparently cannot decide whether to knock the estate down and start again, or whether to pile money into the estate and repair the problems.

Hoseman has the right idea, when your ready .. I'll show you the right heads to aim for wink
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Apr 2008 8:53pm
how bad is this? i would happily help with these idiots. why wreck where you live? its just mindless and can be stopped by like-minded people, not that im suggesting vigilanteism or anything like that, much. but if the law and authorities wont do it, who will?
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Apr 2008 9:14pm
who ya gonna call?
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Apr 2008 9:24pm
ghostbusters
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 29th Apr 2008 10:30pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
its just mindless and can be stopped by like-minded people, not that im suggesting vigilanteism or anything like that, much. but if the law and authorities wont do it, who will?

This is what is going to happen within the next decade, vigilanteism, the police are powerless and the courts are told not to give these morons a custodial or even any punishment in most cases by the government...

A few year's back a similar thing by mine went on, a number of youth's were going around terrorising the estate, albeit not quite to the extent that goes on nowadays.

Fortuantly, it was an estate where most people were hard working, decent members of society, and were growing more and more sick of the shit that was going on.

In the end, a big group of men, went out one night and caught up with these yobs down an ally way... they didnt assault the youths or anything, but they gave them a stern warning.

It worked, because theis gang of 20 or so 15 - 21 year olds who thought they were untouchable, shit themselves when they realised it wasnt a game anymore and they actually would have their heads smashed in if the shit didnt stop...

Maybe it wasnt the best way to go about it, but at the end of the day, the council and police had been unable to do anything about it over a period of about 2 years, and it practically stopped dead that night the yobs were confronted.

I dont recall see any of them stepping out of line again in the time I lived there till I moved out (I mean as in they never caused trouble for any of the local residents or vandelised everywhere).
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 30th Apr 2008 7:24am
Bring in the BIRCH.It worked in the isle of man to the point most of there youth crime is was caused by tourists
Posted By: Northender Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 10th Jul 2008 1:02am
Problem is, these cars get razzed around on a Saturday night when all the police are in the town centre with yellow jackets. Sometimes they take 45 mins to arrive when called out.

They should install some disguised CCTV in the area, ID them then sledge their front doors a few days later when they think they've got away with it.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 10th Jul 2008 9:19am
withthat
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 3:40pm
Originally Posted by jonno40
photos taken 23/02/08
grim grim
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 7:07pm
is still a problem in flaybrick and nannys goats but i live by there and our end is clean!
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 7:11pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
is still a problem in flaybrick and nannys goats but i live by there and our end is clean!

I live by there aswell and our end is clean aswell thumbsup
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 8:09pm
your end is clean the top of colin in flaybrick is full of rubbish and old sofas ect!
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 8:11pm
i know hun ive got to walk up there to go me mates
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 8:27pm
is dark down there and lots of kid hanging around!
Posted By: Angela Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 8:46pm
It's absolutely disgusting that such a lovely place as Bidston Hill is being ruined by these scumbags.Sadly, this sort of thing is not just happening in Bidston. When we lived in Bromborough,our lives were made an utter misery by the yobs and hooligans that the council in their wisdom rehoused near us.We came close to having a nervous breakdown.Fortunately, we were able to move and believe me, the day we left Bromborough was one of the best days of our life.Before those scumbags moved near us,I loved Bromborough.I used to spend Summer holidays with my aunty when I was a kid so I had some very happy memories of the place.All this was spoilt for me by what we endured at the hands of those ....If I had my way, I'd shoot the bloody lot of them.
Angela
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 8:54pm
is right it is all over not just bidston?
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 9:24pm
Break out the rifles guys, we going hunting somad

These scumbags need to be taught a lesson
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 9:29pm
with yarr kid!
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 9:29pm
Tell me about it tony i know a girl that lives up colin road n wants to get away because her windows keep gettin broke
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 10:50pm
Email your councilors every time something happens, if this is every day all the better.

Every month send list of everything to your MP with a note of which councilors you have sent it to, he WILL ask them for an update - an MP asking for an update is effectively an order - get it sorted.

Keep a diary, I know this is a stock answer but it really can help - if nothing else to quote statistics to the council in the future - nothing like a load of statistics to really put people under pressure - "I have mentioned this on 22 previous occasions in the last 6 months, how many times have you taken action and how many times have you chosen to ignore these reports?", "how much time do you need, I have spent a lot of time keping you informed, I expect some council time in return!".

These are public departments spending YOUR money so just make sure it is spent keeping YOU happy instead of encouraging unemployed toe-rags to get off their heads any annoy decent members of society.

Get a gang of you to to go to your area forum, tell them in advance what you are going to talk about so that it appears in the agenda for the meeting, at the meeting try and get them to commit to ACTIONS as oppose to questions eg if they say they are going to find out how serious the problem is, ask them what action they will take if they find it is a serious problem, don't argue with them, lead/direct (don't push) them in the direction you want them to go. If they ask the police to increase patrols, say that we have had police in the area, this is not a new stratedgy, what new stratedgy are the council going to do, could you improve the street lighting and frequency of rubbish removal etc. - give them the ideas, if they feel that they need to do something they will grab at ideas, by the end of their sentence it will be their idea - great let them preen their fur - you get what you want.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 11:11pm
To echo the point made by digging deeper:

It takes lots of action on the part of the public to get the wheels of local government moving but badger them:

Firstly report all asb to the Police, if you feel threatened or see damage taking place call 999, if you see damage that is recent call the main switchboard 709 6010

- Another good thing to do is find out who you local officer is and arrange a meeting - taking the diary of incidents with you

- If there's no actual damage happening but there is large groups of youths being threatening the council's community patrol is good (number on website).

- If you know who it is and want to be completly annonymous then crimestoppers is good

- but keep reporting things as they start to show up on senior manager's reports and the like and action is more likely

Be safe people but don't be vigilantes!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 11:11pm
Forgot to add emailing Frank Fields (MP for Birkenhead) seems to get things moving on lots of things!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 15th Mar 2009 11:18pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
Forgot to add emailing Frank Fields (MP for Birkenhead) seems to get things moving on lots of things!
Got 'im - para 2
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 16th Mar 2009 9:29am
"Got 'im - para 2"

Note to myself - read more slowly!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 22nd Mar 2009 2:53pm
more stuff dumped today on the nannys!

Description: dump
Attached picture litter1.JPG

Description: dump 2
Attached picture litter2.JPG
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 22nd Mar 2009 6:13pm
nanny now on fire

Attached picture fire1.JPG
Attached picture fire2.JPG
Posted By: Northender Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Mar 2009 10:02pm
It's terrible down there, like Tees Street Mark 2.

I walked through there on Sunday and it was fairly tidy, so it looks like the council are clearing stuff regularly.

Every time I go there taking pics, there are always hoodies watching me, either from the houses or from the bushes.

I agree Frank Field is definitely the man to contact. He is quick to respond and gets things done.
You could also try writing to the chief constable even anonymously because that gets things done as well.

In other words if the local authorities don't do anything, go over their heads !

Didn't they have security there at one time or was that during demolition?
Posted By: Northender Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 23rd Mar 2009 10:06pm
Break out the rifles guys, we going hunting

These scumbags need to be taught a lesson

Tally ho!

Let's have a Peasant shoot !
Posted By: Handbag Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 6th Apr 2009 5:09pm
I used to live in Hoblyn Road oooh nearly 30 years ago. It has always been a rough area with a lot of problems but the vast majority of people there were good people. Like anywhere theres a real problem with antisocial behavior form some of the ... elements in the neighbourhood. Shouldnt some of the blame also be shared by the residents who shut their doors and pretend they've seen nothing? I remember how it used to be... one summer many years ago an argument broke out in and area of Birkenhead north which was started by some well known ... in the area... when it became apparent that it was going to become violent what do you think everyone did? They went in shut their front doors and drew their curtains... that way they could 'pretend' that they had seen and heard nothing if the Police called. The upshot of people doing this was that the fight turned into one male and female being attacked by a gang of 8 youths and a man being stabbed with a screwdriver... of course no wittnesses....

The same thing goes on today I'll bet... everyone knows who deals the drugs, everyone knows who the ... element is... but still they do nothing... HELLOOOOO!!! anyone heard of crime stoppers?
Posted By: AR_One Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 8th Apr 2009 9:52pm
Well it's the school holidays and the "little darlings" are off burning everything in site - there've been several fires on Bidston Hill in the last couple of days and someone is trying very hard to burn the reed beds outside of Bidston station.

Don't theire parents know / care what they're up to?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 8th Apr 2009 9:59pm
raftl Love it, pity the railings are there, a burnt out maestro would give it a nice Eighties look!

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: Northender Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 10th Mar 2010 12:06am
I see Crimestoppers now have a page for reporting stuff:

CLICK HERE
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 10th Mar 2010 10:26am
nice find. reckon i could fill a few forms with this.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bidston hill shame/Flaybrick tip - 10th Mar 2010 11:10am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
raftl Love it, pity the railings are there, a burnt out maestro would give it a nice Eighties look!

[Linked Image]

laugh

Well that just about sums it up Ste. If you want to get amongst burning stuff volunteer for Afghanistan you chunk. somad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral