Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 5:34pm
[Linked Image]

AN AMBITIOUS project to redevelop New Brighton is to go ahead
after the Government ruled out holding a public inquiry into
the £70m scheme.

It means Wirral Council can now press ahead with the second phase
of the seafront regeneration plan, which includes a new supermarket,
cinema, hotel, a refurbished Marine Lake.

Read More
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 5:40pm
I'm looking forward to New Brighton being improved. Hopefully, New Brighton will become as popular as it used to be.

I think the Morrisons will soon be turned into a Tesco though lol

Bad idea to change plans for a block of 163 seafront apartments to a budget hotel though, as the Wirral is in short supply of living accomodation atm.
Posted By: Mark Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 6:39pm
If they only knock them down its an improvement.
Posted By: Waddi Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 9:24pm
No Joseph, what the Wirral is in short supply of is affordable housing, you really think that the luxury seafront apartments would be 1st time buyer territory, imho a hotel is better for the area than apartments, a hotel will bring tourists and people on business to the area, and with them comes their money, which is good for local businesses.

Living within a stones throw from New Brighton, I cant wait for the re-development, but what they really need is a zoo, a tower, a speedway, a circus, an open air baths and a fairground lol

but I'll settle for a Leisure pool, Cinema, SuperMarket, a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut, there has to be a Pizza Hut, thats the Deal or No Deal clincher.

knockdown RJ's, Bobbys, Darcys etc and build one superclub
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 10:11pm
I agree with everything you said there Waddi.

The Wirral needs something different instead of just swimming pools and cinemas.
Posted By: Waddi Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 13th Nov 2007 10:23pm
Even if they built a Cinema in new brighton, virtually on by door step, I would proberbly still go to VUE in cheshire oaks. I just feel that my car is safe in the car park there. because of the securtiy etc, Go get em Scott, lol.

but didnt they just pull one down in Egremont because of lack of customers. A Drive in would be cool tho, where you tune into the soundtrack on your radio. uber cool. and when the arena is empty of parked cars it could be used for other events. if only we had the weather.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 2:37pm
hmmm...am still of the opinion you cant polish a turd....enuf said.
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 6:16pm
Originally Posted by The_WadFather
No Joseph, what the Wirral is in short supply of is affordable housing, you really think that the luxury seafront apartments would be 1st time buyer territory, imho a hotel is better for the area than apartments, a hotel will bring tourists and people on business to the area, and with them comes their money, which is good for local businesses.

Living within a stones throw from New Brighton, I cant wait for the re-development, but what they really need is a zoo, a tower, a speedway, a circus, an open air baths and a fairground lol

but I'll settle for a Leisure pool, Cinema, SuperMarket, a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut, there has to be a Pizza Hut, thats the Deal or No Deal clincher.

knockdown RJ's, Bobbys, Darcys etc and build one superclub

they built a "superclub" in ellesmere port with Destiny/Elite and that died a death only to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes as another re-named "superclub" which is starting to die down so think another club in n.b would be a waste of time/money mate
Posted By: MattLFC Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 8:17pm
New Brighton could never support a superclub... if Liverpool cant do it anymore, im afraid New Brighton hasnt got a hope in hell!
Posted By: Wheels Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 8:41pm
i hope you are wrong
Posted By: MattLFC Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 8:42pm
who lol.

Btw, I wouldnt call D&E a superclub... a club yes, a superclub no. Anyone who thinks it is, hasnt been to a superclub lol.

Cream is considered a superclub, albeit a small one by todays standards, and even a massive city like Liverpool couldnt support that!

Superclubs up north struggle in general nowadays, without even considering putting one in such a stupid location like New Brighton.

I couldnt see the likes of Cream, Crasher or Ministry etc wanting to take up weekly residence in a 3000+ capacity venue, never mind bringing and paying a load of top name dj's every week and/or high profile residents.

Superclubs also tend to be expensive, not the best idea to charge £20 entrance fee for an area where circa £50 all in is considered an average night out lol.
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 10:16pm
i wasnt calling it that myself, but that was the way it was hyped up on opening, and again during the re-vamp.i totally agree with u matty that it could never support a superclub especially due to the surroundings and the narrow-minded kill joys in the residences around that area. Its best left with small bars/clubs like it has now with rj's etc... smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 10:19pm
I liked the chelsea myself, gutted when they shut it down. Summed up New Brighton for me, cheap and cheerful night out.

Thats about the limit clubwise for New Brighton.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 10:22pm
Yeh loved the chelsea... good night that was, and Coasters too, before it became Bobby's Bar... mid to late 90's was when N.B. was at its best, but guess i'm showin my age now to all u young pups ! raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 10:55pm
been out in new brighton once and hated it... then again we only went to bobbys... got split up from me mate, pulled the door open on a train in the station, fuk knows wot i did on there, think i was hoping to go home, then i realised where i was and tried to get off the train... took me about 10 mins to eventually pull the doors back open and get off lol... then randomly bumped into me mate at the top of the road... foned me mum at 3am to come and pick us up haha - she wasnt best pleased
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 10:56pm
sounds like a top night that.... pmsl.
Posted By: chiccy Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 11:01pm
never been out in NB....
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 11:07pm
Originally Posted by chiccy
never been out in NB....
omg boooooooooo ! you have, we took the kids there to the fair ! raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 11:22pm
haha i hear the derby pool has been done up? used to get gd grub in there
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 14th Nov 2007 11:26pm
yeh its really nice matey, just no wacky warehous eplay area for the kids anymore..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 15th Nov 2007 12:44am
Tis an upmarket macdonalds imho, fully of scallies and very noisy. Much better places to go and get something to eat. Also, most importantly in many peoples opinion, on the two occasions I have been there for food, the food has been really low quality and very small portions for a pub meal.

Dunno if I have just gone on bad days, but I wont be going back there, except calling in for a drink if I happen to be down that way. Certainly wouldnt go for food thats for sure.
Posted By: Waddi Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 15th Nov 2007 12:53am
an upmarket mcDonalds, how dare you! Maccies food is alot better standard. lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 15th Nov 2007 12:55am
lol tbh ya not far wrong, macdonalds food has taste to it, i found the food in the derby pool very tasteless...

I think id opt for a big mac meal over summit from the derby pool lol.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 15th Nov 2007 6:59pm
yeah 2 rite
Posted By: jonah Re: £70m New Brighton Plans Get Go-ahead - 15th Nov 2007 7:04pm
nah wot we need is a wendy's or denny's like i went to in florida.... yummy !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral