Forums
Posted By: MrPhil Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 6:22am
.... just driving home after me night shift and seen a few police cars park near the Mosque on the grassed area, tape all over the place with a tent in the middle, Murder? Accident??

Anyone know more info?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 8:03am
"Outward Bound" Camping exercise?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 8:36am
Yeah Still there at 7.30....

Noting on the radio yet

Any Ideas???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 8:57am
Clicky click click

Posted By: StuyMac Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 9:12am
"Police are treating the incident as an “unexplained death” and are appealing for witnesses."

Id say more suspicious, unless he hit his head and was just looking for somewhere warm to get his head down...
Posted By: chiccy Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 12:18pm
clicky for more info... heres more
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 1:42pm
just got back from there, police all over the place, got tons of pics, uploading now
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:02pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

got some video i need to sort.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:24pm
lol, nice one wheels, our own reporter laugh
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:32pm
lol i got asked by loads of people what was going on. and police were asking me who i worked for lol. i had to keep stopping my videoing to answer police tease
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:35pm
wot bullshit did u spin them? lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:37pm
i flashed my bus pass and said "wiki wirral world press" outta my way tease
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 2:44pm
video is up

[youtube]DD9oIuTaicQ[/youtube]

think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 3:27pm
I recon one of the people in the High Viz jackets did it!

Theres too many of them hanging around for it to be a conincidence.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 3:38pm
lmao @ Whelan, We should make Whelan a Wiki-Wirral World Press Id Card.
Actually a Wiki-Wirral Online Press Id
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 4:39pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7080944.stm

13 year old boy arrested - scary

is that the right place?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 4:42pm
yeh thats it alright
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 5:35pm
The body of Stephen Croft was discovered on an area of grassland at the junction with Borough Road and Whetstone Lane, Birkenhead at 0100 GMT.

The 34-year-old had suffered burns and head injuries but the exact cause of his death remains unknown.

An informal firework and bonfire party had been held where he was found.

The teenager and man are now being questioned by detectives.

People living nearby said they were shocked that a community event had ended so tragically.

A post-mortem examination to establish the cause of Mr Croft's death will be carried out and police have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 5:57pm
great pics whelan

That scientific support unit didnt look happy with you though lol

[Linked Image]

"Theres the guy who did it!!"

I'll watch out for whelan on north west tonight skulking in the bushes
Posted By: Mark Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 7:50pm
There is another person in custody tonight too,
a older man.

Amazing pictures wheels happy

The video is great when the reporter does the
"I love myself" Hair swoosh.

And your pics and report is much better than the
report she done i mean you cant understand her Irish accent.

I just hope that the man was dead before he ended up
on the bonfire ! Tragic.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 8:00pm
yeah thats right there is 3 in custody now.

from BBC

Three arrested over bonfire death
A third teenager has been arrested in Wirral over the death of a man at a bonfire party.

Stephen Croft's body was discovered on an area of grassland at the junction with Borough Road and Whetstone Lane, Birkenhead, Wirral, at 0100 GMT.

A 17-year-old boy is now being questioned along with a boy, 13, and a 19-year-old man. All are from the Birkenhead area.

Police said the 34-year-old victim suffered burns and head injuries.

The exact cause of death is not yet known but is expected to be established at a post-mortem examination.

An informal firework and bonfire party had been held where Mr Croft's body was found.

People living nearby said they were shocked that a community event had ended so tragically.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 9:28pm
no way just seen myself on BBCnews24 happy
Posted By: Pomp Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 9:29pm
lol u saw urself on tele, dam gona check news now see if i can spot ye
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 9:36pm
its when it shows a bunch of moshers walking down the road and the camera turns to look at the tents. im far away but i know its me cos i was looking at the camera when he did it .
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 9:37pm
haha your moment of fame laugh

I might just cap it for ye haha!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 10:22pm
Originally Posted by whelan
its when it shows a bunch of moshers walking down the road and the camera turns to look at the tents.

I saw that bit, but didnt see you after that lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 10:30pm
i just shot a quick bit of it off of my TV but its hard to see me frown

just uploaded it to youtube now. about the 1min 14sec

[youtube]i78FQEKr_uc[/youtube]
Posted By: Mark Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 10:40pm
< Mark Rushes Out to buy Autograph Book >

Wheels you can be my first page lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 10:41pm
Yeah, Pomp will be on the cover though raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 10:43pm
haha

gutted the quality is propper shiite frown

guess you had to see it like i did on a 48inHD tease
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 11:00pm
i cant see? lol hiding behind the bush?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Few police car and Tent near YMCA.... - 6th Nov 2007 11:02pm
you see a bunch of peeps walking down the road all in black, i am just to the right but hidden a bit by the lampost. oh well
Posted By: Mark Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 6:27pm
Just made national news BBC 1

Sorry Whelan your not in the clip.

Is now a Murder Enquiery
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 6:30pm
It was on the national news yesterday night too.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 6:53pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Just made national news BBC 1

Sorry Whelan your not in the clip.

Is now a Murder Enquiery

police are looking for a shifty character acting as a reporter.... shifty
Posted By: Pomp Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:18pm
where does it say that jonah lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:20pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
where does it say that jonah lol
smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:33pm
raftl raftl raftl lmao Pomp trust you bowdown
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:36pm
smack raftl
Posted By: Pomp Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:39pm
I never typed that sorry it was my evil side mad . I told him off grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:40pm
lol u have an evil side omg

seeyu
Posted By: Pomp Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:43pm
yup i also have a confused side and a scott side but the scott side doesn't happen
as much as i dont fall on my butt.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:46pm
lol a scott side grin
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bonfire Murder - 7th Nov 2007 8:59pm
haha
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 7:35am
Neighbour told me last night that he knew the man who was murdered, from what he told me, he was put in a wheelie bin at another address and then taken to the fire? also one of the older suspects savagley beat up another man near the tunnel exit and got 100hrs com service.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 12:14pm
lol glad i moved away when i did
Posted By: Mark Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 7:24pm
Originally Posted by clj85
Neighbour told me last night that he knew the man who was murdered, from what he told me, he was put in a wheelie bin at another address and then taken to the fire? also one of the older suspects savagley beat up another man near the tunnel exit and got 100hrs com service.
Wooo that's bad frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 7:27pm
Got to be a bit careful what people say at this stage and a bit careful speculating, have to remember this guy most probably has family/friends who will be grieving.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 11:07pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Got to be a bit careful what people say at this stage and a bit careful speculating, have to remember this guy most probably has family/friends who will be grieving.

has never stopped newspapers etc (altho i only really trust bbc - and even then, they have got it wrong before lol)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 11:09pm
Fair enough, but they are newspapers, and media in general have no consideration for peoples feelings, as local people, we should have. And even newspapers tend to be careful when it comes to publishing contraversial rumors such as this.

wink

We should put ourselves in the shoes of the guys family and friends before spreading mallicious rumors that may be untrue.

We don't know whether someone who knows the poor guy browses these boards, or even just stumbles across it.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Bonfire Murder - 8th Nov 2007 11:30pm
at the end of the day all clj was doing was telling us wot he had been told - he never said that it was actual facts etc tease

as for anyone close to the guy (no pun intended), i'm sure there are plenty of rhumours flying round that they'll have heard anyway lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 12:21am
I know he's just sharing what he's heard, I was just stating we have to be careful with this one, not only is a sickening crime where there will be many rumors etc flying about, buts it a very local crime.

smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 1:45am
We should put ourselves in the shoes of the guys family and friends before spreading mallicious rumors that may be untrue.

in no way was my last post mallicious towards the deceased.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 1:49am
Maybe not towards the deceased, but if you were a relative/close friend of the deceased, rumors like that would be very hurtful.

At a time like this, there will be tons of rumors flying about as to how, why and who etc, but some are best just left as word of mouth rather then being spread around the internet, especially on local forums.

smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 2:01am
so am i lying to say that 1 of the suspects attacked another man and got given 100hrs community service?

if the people who have been arrested are the culprits then i hope the get the punishment they deserve.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 2:16am
Im not saying you are lying, I dont believe I mentioned anything about that or people lying? Since you believe I did, I would like you to point this out....

Unless you are a detective investigating the case, you probably won't know for sure anyway.

The point I am making, is there will be a lot of rumors flying around about this, some as a result of chinese whispers, some that are completely manufactured for sick peoples entertainment, and some that will turn out to mirror the truth.

Until such a time, given the local nature of the crime and the seriousness and callous circumstances involved, as well as the distress it may cause people who know the guy, I dont think its wise to read too much into rumors/help them spread atm.

Look at it this way, I post a rumor on here that my mate said before or something (this is hypothetical btw), and then people read it and a couple of peeps discuss it, it then gets passed around the Wirral, and the rumor causes a lot of distress to the family of the poor man. Little did I know, that the rumor, was passed onto my mate by some muppet who made it up, and in posting it on the forums, not only was it questionable to do so, but also accelerated the rumor, as xxxx off the forums, went and told everyone in work, and xxx off the forums went and told everyone down the pub that night etc...

I think ye get what I mean, I know ye wernt having insinuating anything yourself, you were just posting what you have heard from someone you know and probably trust. All I was doing was advising people to be careful about doing so, because if the rumor mill gets going, not only would it look bad on Wiki and its members, but could also cause extra distress to relatives of the person and/or extend/accelerate/eggagerate rumors.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 10:44am
Originally Posted by clj85

It has to be said Matty you can be the most incentive incentitve person on these forums at times. IMO there's nothing wrong with clj comments, No names have been mentioned, already the police and reporters and news papers are saying that the whole thing is on mobile phones? There also saying that he was well love by his family. I think its fair to say also if any of our members know of the man and his family then i'm sure they would have come forward by now and this tread would instantly swing more towards RIP. Than who is and was is, its Human Nature.

I don't think anyone as been incentive at all so far.
And members are being respectful IMO to the man and his family.
If i heard rumours from a reliable source i would be posting them, but that's me.

Yes if someone was mocking the Dead of a Local that would
be very different and promptly removed.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 12:59pm
withthat
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 3:47pm
I dont understand what your ranting on about mark, wtf do incetives have to do with anything?

And also, if you bothered to read my posts, instead of just jumping on your high horse, you will see I wasnt blasting the poster of the comments, I was merely suggesting that people are careful what they post/rumors they spread, most rumors that will be passed around will be untrue, and we must consider the fact this is a very local crime, and we dont want to be seen as a rumor mill for things like this.

Reasons behind it for instance, people can start saying he did this, or he was that, and thats why he got murdered, all of which turn out to be untrue and are very damaging to the family because everyone starts to think he was blah blah when he wasnt.

confused
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 4:33pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
A 13-year-old boy has appeared in court charged with the murder of a man whose body was found in the embers of a bonfire on Merseyside.

Stephen Croft, 34, was found on grassland at the junction of Borough Road and Whetstone Lane in Birkenhead on 5 November.

The teenager did not enter a plea and is due reappear at Wirral Magistrates Court on 7 December.

He was remanded into secure local authority accommodation.

The boy, from Birkenhead, appeared with a social worker and a representative from the Wirral Youth Offending Team.

He has also been charged with robbing Mr Croft of tobacco, cigarette papers and a lighter.

A 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy who were also arrested on suspicion of murdering Mr Croft have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

The CPS must have a very strong case to have pushed this through so quickly, I wonder what the evidence is and also, if it was a 13 year old who did it, this is made even more dispicable, the thought of someone being so evil at such a young age is just incomprehendable!

BBC News Report
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 4:40pm
could be from cctv or camera phone?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 4:42pm
Yeah, well it must be summit pretty solid for them to proceed so quickly with such a serious case I guess.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Bonfire Murder - 9th Nov 2007 5:14pm
instead of just jumping on your high horse, you will see I wasnt blasting the poster of the comments

No High Horse at all.
It wasn't a pop at you matty it was pointing out simply that you "CAN" be insensitive at times, and your actually the last person
i expected to be posting about peoples feelings and sensitivity.

We really only watch out for "Disrespectful" And Liable comments to be fair.

Your advice is fair comment, and worth mentioning, but with local issues people are going to know extra little bits too wink
Which can make a storey interesting. Its fair to say that as a moderator of this forum i watch most of the comments and members do know where the line is. And if not members let me know by reporting it.

Post above - I blame firefox for there dictionary making "incentive" instead of incentitive as a spelling option smack
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bonfire Murder - 10th Nov 2007 8:42pm
check this

http://www.liverpooltimes.net/2007/11/07/justice-for-stephen-croft/

my video is in there too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD9oIuTaicQ

getting quite a few hits & comments.

RIP Steve frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bonfire Murder - 10th Nov 2007 8:43pm
Some good comments on there after having a quick scan through...
Posted By: Waddi Re: Bonfire Murder - 10th Nov 2007 9:39pm
Whelan, your a famous local reporter now. not a nice way to become one tho.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral