Forums
Posted By: Mark £150 Coffee Cup (The Rock) - 23rd Mar 2007 11:15am
A WIRRAL woman has been fined £150 for dropping a coffee cup out of her car window.

Sheena Houghton, of Swaledale Road, Eastham, failed to appear at Birkenhead Magistrates Court last week on one charge of littering.

The court heard how Houghton Wirral Council officers caught on her on a CCTV camera dropping the cup out of her car on Rock Retail Park, Tranmere.
advertisement

In her absence, Houghton was found guilty and fined £150 for the offence and ordered to pay £150 costs.

Speaking after the case, David Green, Wirral's director of technical services said: "It costs Wirral £4 million a year to pick up dropped litter.

"In attempts to reduce this huge cost, our enforcement officers are working hard to deter people by issuing fines. We are striving to protect our environment and prevent people from committing these offences."

Full Storey Wirral Globe

----------------
Looks like there getting tough, which isnt a bad thing.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: £150 Coffee Cup (The Rock) - 23rd Mar 2007 12:01pm
hmmmm, nob ends, they want to try and fine the real crims. 'oh no i threw a cup out of the window please don t give me a £150 charge', thats half the amount that scouse lad got fined for killing that 15 year old cyclist, and his excuse was 'he was in my way'.

This country is is fooking prick.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: £150 Coffee Cup (The Rock) - 23rd Mar 2007 12:40pm
I know people that have been fined £75 for dropping litter there.

Just don't drop litter there - Problem Solved.

I drop litter myself, but only cas sometimes there's hardly any frickin bins about.

Government and Councils need advice on how to spend money wisely!!!
Posted By: Mark Re: £150 Coffee Cup (The Rock) - 23rd Mar 2007 1:22pm
I think its so hefty as they didn't show at court.

£300 ??

£150 Costs + £150 Fine = £300

I wonder if there are any warnings about the
possible fines around there?

I wonder if it was a Maccies Cup?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral